Patch Notes Update Horizons 2.0 beta change log #5 incoming...

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.

Zac Antonaci

Head of Communications
Frontier
Hey all,

Thank you so much for your continued testing and support through the beta. It's looking great and the dev team have been hard at work on another update.

It's going live at 11am GMT and the test servers are likely to be down for roughly an hour and a half. Please do jump on in and give your feedback ahead of the full launch on Tuesday next week.

Enjoy!

***UPDATE #1***

We're now expecting the server work to be completed by 3pm. More updates if as they happen. :)

Change log...

• Fix a crash caused by a POI activating during a transition
  • Fixed multi-threading crash in physics
  • Fixed crash in mission manager
  • Fixed crash in terrain patch generation
  • Fix for missing texture errors in schematics
  • Fix missing component error if a player goes offline
  • OSX crash fix for activity incorrectly trying to load incorrect resources
  • Fix for starting with the keyboard and mouse control preset causing your throttle controls to go weird
  • Prevent server error if player tries to buy something they cannot afford
  • Fix a confirmed cause of players loading into the game up to a kilometer up or down from where they saved
  • Fix for turrets at illegal PoIs not being legal targets
  • Turn on main engines by defaultso that dying while landed doesn't respawn you with a disabled ship
  • Networked the direction of the buggy turret
  • Add anti ship weapons to match anti buggy weapons in certain POI scenes and appropriate trespass zones
  • Improved surface details by adding more bump from the normals close up and reducing tiling at distance due to the alpha not being faded out at the same time as the normal
  • Fixed deep space POIs spawning incorrect POIs
  • Improve flattening on some deep space POIs
  • Fix disappearing blue circle for POIs
  • Fixed skimmers at illegal POIs not having bounties
  • Attacking settlement generators now counts as Assault, and triggers settlement aggro
  • Scanning private data links now counts as Major Trespass (up from minor, so now a bounty instead of a fine), and triggers settlement aggro
  • Updated additional POIs to be visible from the ship and adjusting their radar radius size
  • Made some of the smaller POIs only visible in the buggy
  • Don’t render no fly zones on the scanner if you’re in the SRV
  • When evaluating the terrain for flatness when spawning POIs handle the case when one of the ray casts hits an edge of a triangle and goes through the mesh without hitting it
  • Adjusted the radar circle offset so that POIs are less likely to be spawned towards the centre
  • Fixed bounties claimed stat incrementing twice as often as it should be
  • Fixed redeeming all vouchers for a faction instead of just combat bonds
  • Fixed some Commodity names in the market trend local news articles
  • Fixed longitude and latitude using the wrong time to establish location
  • Rebalance LOD stream priorities to help with some streaming issues
  • Add support for vacant ship death, and for parking a buggy without a parent ship. Landed ship is now killable except during the vehicle swap process, when it can be damaged but not killed
  • Fade POIs from the radar down based on altitude so that they're at full opacity at 2.25km altitude and transparent at 2.00km
  • Fixed issue with launching audio
  • Reduce the scale size to trigger the cockpit/vehicle Role popup to reduce the frequency of unintentionally opening it
  • Fixed Refinery Panel to show correct strings at the correct time
  • Updated SRV cargo panels dividers to be more consistent
  • Fixed focus issue when going to external / internal / role panel while an inbox message is opened
  • Brought back the cross hair for scooping
  • Check to see if we have disconnected from edserver before checking to see if we have permission to be close to a planet
  • Surface material fix for patchiness
  • Prevent tiny planets from having a combination of basins, large scale deformation, europa linae, rifts and craters which add up to a depth greater than the radius of the planet itself
  • Building LOD fixes
  • Building collision fixes
  • Fixed hitman chatter table
  • Fixed cargo items in the cargo merge panel not using loc strings
  • Mission text fixes
  • Updated tutorial video names and descriptions
  • Prevent the attempted parsing of $; on data links when scanned info is empty string

Good idea

Add anti ship weapons to match anti buggy weapons in certain POI scenes and appropriate trespass zones

OA will be happy

Fixed deep space POIs spawning incorrect POIs

And so happy this was not WAD

Fix disappearing blue circle for POIs

Improved surface details by adding more bump from the normals close up and reducing tiling at distance due to the alpha not being faded out at the same time as the normal

Whoop!

Very nice, any news on the whole issue with no nav compass before you go below 25ish KM height? it makes navigating planets from space a bit tricky when we are very high above them and don't know which way we are going? or was this fixed haven't tried beta 4

Out of curiosity has there been any optimization passes done in this build in the support thread it says with the recommended specs you should expect 45fps on high which seemed low for recommended specs.

Improved surface details by adding more bump from the normals close up and reducing tiling at distance due to the alpha not being faded out at the same time as the normal

Huh?

Fair enough :D

Here's mine; Rebalance LOD stream priorities to help with some streaming issues. My lappy has no business running the game at all really but struggling to get low detail terrain to load while in orbit, looks hopeful. Thanks for another upgrade Frontier Developments Team!

I'm liking a lot of this, except for:

So, back to the immersion-breaking old POIs then?
Seems to make sense to me, I'm guessing its outcrops and such, which would make sense otherwise there'd be really no reason to use srv to explore planet, you'd just take off and find everything in ship.

Please tell me the transparent ships have been fixed. Guess I will find out in half an hour or so :)

Don't like being able to see through solid metal!

Screenshot_0174.jpg

Last edited:
I'm liking a lot of this, except for:

So, back to the immersion-breaking old POIs then?

Yeah really really not happy about this as Elite seems to be a game heavily about Immersion and this just absolutely kills it especially if we don't have a strict definition of Small POIs.

Seems to make sense to me, I'm guessing its outcrops and such, which would make sense otherwise there'd be really no reason to use srv to explore planet, you'd just take off and find everything in ship.
I'll give you outcrops but nothing else as soon as there is a structure you should be able to see it from your ship if your near the surface. There's no excuse not to be able to see it.

Last edited:
Huh?

Fair enough :D

Here's mine; Rebalance LOD stream priorities to help with some streaming issues. My lappy has no business running the game at all really but struggling to get low detail terrain to load while in orbit, looks hopeful. Thanks for another upgrade Frontier Developments Team!

i only run a gtx760 right now, and its appears max'd out on memory and loading on or near planets tho i can keep a stable 30fps, so i kinda know where you are coming from commander... fingers crossed this update helps some what else a gfx card upgrade is.... wait for it.... on.... the.... horizon.....

Yeah really really not happy about this as Elite seems to be a game heavily about Immersion and this just absolutely kills it especially if we don't have a strict definition of Small POIs.

I'll give you outcrops but nothing else as soon as there is a structure you should be able to see it from your ship if your near the surface. There's no excuse not to be able to see it.

Wait and see before jumping to conclusions.

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
That's a nice list of fixes/updates there

Add anti ship weapons to match anti buggy weapons in certain POI scenes and appropriate trespass zones

Excellent :D

Sounds great

Attacking settlement generators now counts as Assault, and triggers settlement aggro
Scanning private data links now counts as Major Trespass (up from minor, so now a bounty instead of a fine), and triggers settlement aggro

Glad about these

Made some of the smaller POIs only visible in the buggy

This is a very good change as it will stop people saying they can't see all the POIs from their ship, when they should have a hard time picking out the rocks.

Fixed longitude and latitude using the wrong time to establish location

Yay :D

Last edited:
  • Fixed deep space POIs spawning incorrect POIs

:)

This looks promising... lets hope the number of deep space POIs is significantly reduced too. The amount I'm finding 50K from home is ridiculous. It should be exciting seeing a blue circle out this far, not a run-of-the-mill thing.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom