Patch Notes Update Horizons 2.0 beta change log #5 incoming...

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
well maybe patch number 5 will let me play the game without the freezing and let me land without it telling me i need horizons to land here when i am playing the dam thing

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
Yeah really really not happy about this as Elite seems to be a game heavily about Immersion and this just absolutely kills it especially if we don't have a strict definition of Small POIs.

I'll give you outcrops but nothing else as soon as there is a structure you should be able to see it from your ship if your near the surface. There's no excuse not to be able to see it.

Yes outcrops but nothing else is allowed, not even the cab of an SRV. Nyres has spoken!

• Fixed deep space POIs spawning incorrect POIs

:)

This looks promising... lets hope the number of deep space POIs is significantly reduced too. The amount I'm finding 50K from home is ridiculous. It should be exciting seeing a blue circle out this far, not a run-of-the-mill thing.

Yeah I'm hoping that it's just the experimenting of the Beta and once it goes live they'll drastically reduce them.

[*]Made some of the smaller POIs only visible in the buggy

You mean it won't spawn a blue circle when flying? Certainly the physical objects would still be visible to be spotted with the naked eye from the ship? After all, that was a major change in the previous update, that POI object don't appear out of thin air when you deploy the buggy, but stay invisible until then.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Great improvements any word of the removed new damage decals from Beta 1 and when they may return?

Hopefully not the perma-glowing parts. I want the old scorch marks and bullet holes. :)

Yes outcrops but nothing else is allowed, not even the cab of an SRV. Nyres has spoken!

Yeah I'm hoping that it's just the experimenting of the Beta and once it goes live they'll drastically reduce them.

I'm nervous because we have very little time till live release so its unlikely there will be major tweaks after beta 5. Also do you really need to bring the snark/condescending tone, I was speaking my opinion. Also I don't even get what point your trying to make. I was just suggesting you should be able to see everything but outcrops from your ship as those are things you'd easily be able to see when your near the surface.

Yeah really really not happy about this as Elite seems to be a game heavily about Immersion and this just absolutely kills it especially if we don't have a strict definition of Small POIs.

I'll give you outcrops but nothing else as soon as there is a structure you should be able to see it from your ship if your near the surface. There's no excuse not to be able to see it.

Agreed - human artefacts, even down to the size of a SRV wreck, should be visible from low level flight. Flying Search and Rescue missions in my Eagle, looking out of the cockpit side windows for anything man-made amongst the sand and stone, pushes my buttons of RAF biplanes flying above the Egyptian deserts in WWII or snow speeders looking for Luke on Hoth.

Michael Brookes

Game Director
  • Fixed deep space POIs spawning incorrect POIs

:)

This looks promising... lets hope the number of deep space POIs is significantly reduced too. The amount I'm finding 50K from home is ridiculous. It should be exciting seeing a blue circle out this far, not a run-of-the-mill thing.

Not in this build, but we intend to fix that.

Michael

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
I'm nervous because we have very little time till live release so its unlikely there will be major tweaks after beta 5. Also do you really need to bring the snark/condescending tone, I was speaking my opinion. Also I don't even get what point your trying to make. I was just suggesting you should be able to see everything but outcrops from your ship as those are things you'd easily be able to see when your near the surface.

Yeah because your tone was light and airy :D I'm not trying to start an argument, my point I was trying to make was that there are other small things you can find (the SRV cab for example) that would be incredibly hard to spot from your ship unless you're hovering meters above the surface.

Agreed - human artefacts, even down to the size of a SRV wreck, should be visible from low level flight. Flying Search and Rescue missions in my Eagle, looking out of the cockpit side windows for anything man-made amongst the sand and stone, pushes my buttons of RAF biplanes flying above the Egyptian deserts in WWII or snow speeders looking for Luke on Hoth.

This!

Also, if objects are back to invisible until you deploy the SRV, it leads us back to before, when in a wing: you see objects appear out of thin air when your wingmate deploys their SRV.

What about the POI's with the downed t9 and anaconda that were shown in the horizons video's; are they in yet? No-body has reported finding them .

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom