3309 Holiday Event

Paul_Crowther

Senior Community Manager
Frontier
Hark! Is that the sound of reindeer feet and sleigh-bells I hear? It's screaming people and Thargoid lasers you say? Oof. Wrap yourself in eggnog, drink all that tinsel and then remind yourself it's the other way round. The holidays are here at last and as always there's some festive fun to be had in Elite!

Festive Event 2023

XmasEventForum.png

The eccentric inventor Harald Harksing has been causing quite a stir on Angel Station in the Calhuacan system! Recent reports suggest that the independent entrepreneur is experiencing problems with a corrupted database, containing all the letters and recipient details for his yearly gift giveaways. Disaster! This has prevented Harald from shipping his latest batch of inventions in time for the holidays, and he's reaching out to Commanders in the hope that they can decode these scrambled messages and get his new inventions delivered!

This event kicks off on the 15th December and finishes on the 4th January 2024. Head on over to Angel Station to decipher those clues and deliver those Festive gifts!

Festive Countdown

BonusArxForum.jpg

Merry Arxmas? Happy ChristmArx? Who cares what you call it, the Festive Countdown is back with new Arx rewards every day you login to the game! Simply log into the game (You must be in game, the menu alone won't count) and you'll be given an Arx reward for every day you join in!

More details can be scanned here.

Festive Twitch Drops

XmasTwitchDrops.png

It wouldn't be the holidays if you couldn't wrap your ships up in some spangly holiday themed wrapping paper! The Snowfall Chestnut paint jobs are yours to unlock from watching Elite Dangerous streams this week, from all your favourite Elite Dangerous streamers (if they enable Twitch Drops). These drops are available from Thursday 14th December (15:00 UTC) - Thursday 11th January 15:00 UTC.

Watch ANY Elite Dangerous streamers with Twitch Drops enabled to receive:
  • Snowfall Chestnut Anaconda – stream will need to be watched for 15 minutes
  • Snowfall Chestnut Krait Phantom – stream will need to be watched for 1 hour
  • Snowfall Chestnut Type-9 – stream will need to be watched for 1 hour 30 minutes
Elite Partner Program Only Drops
  • Snowfall Chestnut Diamondback Explorer – stream will need to be watched for 30 minutes

Happy Holidays Commanders!

Do we have a thread yet to work on the riddles, or do we just take this one?

First letter is...
a simple ROT-1

Anyway you can convince the devs to put a copy function in the inbox. I can't say I find transcribing gibberish by hand from the inbox is increasing my merriness. 😫😛
god bless my phone can transcribe it ^^

is there a location in the 4th message? im reading only a letter with no location hint? or rather i think i get the hint, but cant find the particular location based on the last word of the letter...

Last edited:
is there a location in the 4th message? im reading only a letter with no location hint? or rather i think i get the hint, but cant find the particular location based on the last word of the letter...
As for your question:
Yes,
there is a location, but I had to transcribe the entire message before it became clear and unambiguous

I'm taking a break / running errands now, so Ill get back to the 5th riddle later.So far the puzzles have been nicely increasing in difficulty. Here are some hints how to decipher them without giving away the solutions

#1: see above, ROT-1, i.e. move each letter by one position
#2: here the alphabet is mirrored, so A=Z, Y=B ... M=N and vice versa
#3: the letters are swapped randomly, but symmetrically, e.g. X = U and U = X (not literally)
#4: here the letters are swapped randomly and asymmetrically, e.g. X = U but U = R.

In all messages, you have a clear starting point that gives you 16 letters for free, if I haven't miscounted.

As for your question:
Yes,
there is a location, but I had to transcribe the entire message before it became clear and unambiguous

I'm taking a break / running errands now, so Ill get back to the 5th riddle later.So far the puzzles have been nicely increasing in difficulty. Here are some hints how to decipher them without giving away the solutions

#1: see above, ROT-1, i.e. move each letter by one position
#2: here the alphabet is mirrored, so A=Z, Y=B ... M=N and vice versa
#3: the letters are swapped randomly, but symmetrically, e.g. X = U and U = X (not literally)
#4: here the letters are swapped randomly and asymmetrically, e.g. X = U but U = R.

In all messages, you have a clear starting point that gives you 16 letters for free, if I haven't miscounted.
4rd is caesar 3. at least seems like. everything moved by 3, but it points to a 'progress' that doesnt exist?

Lol, is it really that? I stopped checking for Caesar after the 2nd one.
Anyway, it does exist, but ... (hang on...)
I had problems here at first, too, because I was just scanning the mails for uppercase words, which of course would be names. But here your destination's name starts with a lowercase character, so you have to transcribe more words...

Last edited:
Couple of other locations (Other players deciphered these):

#4 Van De Hulst's Progress in Caspatsuria (This is a planetary base for some reason)
#5 George Lucas in Leesti
#6 Crick City in 19 PHI-12 CETI

Unsure of riddle #

Bloch Station in Ethgreze

Last edited:
Top Bottom