3309 Holiday Event

There's the '12 days of Christmas' ARX give away up to 25 December.
they may have given Arx away as prezies for loggers;) leading up to christmas but calendar wise the first day of christmas begins on the 25th and ended 2 days ago
why it is that greg's sausage roll's seem to taste better in blighty the further west you go remains a mystery to me.............
if fd were to give away Arx for every religious festival inc the pagan stolen one's midsommar even that exists in the milky way you would not find me complaining
"something given has no value"" ones mans waste............"
i am who i am
i is who i is init
que sera,sera up to and inc the current state of schrodinger's cat Standard Deviation of free will welcome but never endorsed as cat's don't belong in boxes in the alpha or omega same as pigses dont really belong in rolls. or royce's but blankets ill allow it in winter🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
What has happened to the Festive Gifts?

Screenshot 2024-01-07 202721.png

I picked up the messages and am decoding them.but now can't find any gift items on the commodities list!
According to the messages I still have 26 days to go.
I know I only saw the Harald messages on 5th Jan, but If you are given 30 days, you need to be able to buy the gifts at least until your timer runs out.
I saw gifts to buy a few days ago, but lost the first batch, now can't replace them.

What has happened to the Festive Gifts?

View attachment 380421

I picked up the messages and am decoding them.but now can't find any gift items on the commodities list!
According to the messages I still have 26 days to go.
I know I only saw the Harald messages on 5th Jan, but If you are given 30 days, you need to be able to buy the gifts at least until your timer runs out.
I saw gifts to buy a few days ago, but lost the first batch, now can't replace them.
All inbox messages have an expiry time. That's nothing to do with the event expiring, which as others say, has already happened.

Thanks All,
I thought that might be the case. I was too late to the party:cry:
However this kind of gameplay is something Elite needs. A more varied mission system.
As feedback to devs, I found the messages hard to read in that sometimes I couldn't work out what letter was supposed to be. A screen shot of the messages was distorted by the viewing angle and given it was in code, you couldn't 'read past' the error.
It did add to the decoding challenge, so in several ways was quite a good feature.:rolleyes:
Where the coded message the same for everyone, if so that's not a good idea, once one person has solved it, in these modern times, the solution is posted on-line. If each person had their own individual version, then people would have to do some of the work themselves.

Indeed, but now think about doing thousands random messages, for thousands other destinations.
Because if you would generate 1000 random messages, which all lead to X station people will post it, and you still will end with situation similar to current.
Personally I wanted to make it on my own, so I avoided cryddit, forum, and even when people wanted to send me link I simply refused that.

Thanks All,
I thought that might be the case. I was too late to the party:cry:
However this kind of gameplay is something Elite needs. A more varied mission system.
As feedback to devs, I found the messages hard to read in that sometimes I couldn't work out what letter was supposed to be. A screen shot of the messages was distorted by the viewing angle and given it was in code, you couldn't 'read past' the error.
It did add to the decoding challenge, so in several ways was quite a good feature.:rolleyes:
Where the coded message the same for everyone, if so that's not a good idea, once one person has solved it, in these modern times, the solution is posted on-line. If each person had their own individual version, then people would have to do some of the work themselves.
I've written about this above, but I think it's a VERY difficult task for developers.

Indeed, but now think about doing thousands random messages, for thousands other destinations.
Because if you would generate 1000 random messages, which all lead to X station people will post it, and you still will end with situation similar to current.
Personally I wanted to make it on my own, so I avoided cryddit, forum, and even when people wanted to send me link I simply refused that.
Why publish them if everyone will have their own station X ?

"Because if you would generate 1000 random messages, which all lead to X station"
to one X station, not X1, X2, X3 ;)
In theory you could create different messages, but if they would lead to same place it would make no difference.

"Because if you would generate 1000 random messages, which all lead to X station"
to one X station, not X1, X2, X3 ;)
In theory you could create different messages, but if they would lead to same place it would make no difference.
With the same encryption method and the same message, all messages will be the same. But if everyone has a different endpoint, the messages will be different for everyone.

That's too impractical. What happens when some players miss out on completing the event because their destination stations are constantly in lockdown?
Sorry, I took a mission to retrieve an item from the wreckage of the crash, but there is no landing on this planet.

Top Bottom