5 Terrors of the Sea-DLC

I would just be happy if there would be 2 More species that could use the Lagoonplatform in the next dlc ; ) !
Something like ...
1. Sarcosuchus ( 11m )
2. Dakosaurus (5m)
3.Tanystropheus ( 6m )

and than much more important ... some of the following Decos/attractions.

a. 3 differnt rocks with Kelp of different hights ( 10m , 20m ..30m high f.e.)
b. rocky lagoonwalls (like that of the Malta DLC natural lagoon) with rocky shores without wall and fences !!! ( for some parts of the lagoons).
c. high lagoonrocks ( one with the size of the Lagoonviewingdome and one in the size of the lagoonplatform)
d. Glasbottom - " Jurassic park the Ride" -boat that drives in path of shallow water and ( with Tourgates) in and out of the lagoons .
e. Natural looking Fountain " Waterfall " for the lagoonwalls.
f. 2 Seater Ranger Submarine skin for our lagoon ROV drone ,......would be perfect for fpv driving ;)! ( The 2seater Submarine from JW 2 would be cool ...lol )
the sarco could be in the enclosers which could conect to the lagoon via a beach or swamp or rocky shore

the sarco could be in the enclosers which could conect to the lagoon via a beach or swamp or rocky shore
Yes ,... that´s the idea ;) ! ..... At some piont it would be great if we can have All Lagoonplatform species are also able to go on land at the rocky shores of the malta dlc lagoon and such parts of lagoons after an update that gives us the option to mix normal lagoons with lagoons that have the rocky shores without wall and fences.

Semi-aquatic animals is clearly not going to happen.
Frontier has essentially already addressed this when they added the natural lagoon in that one Malta map and the islands for the Nothosaurus and Archelon. If they were to add actual semi-aquatic mechanics, they would have done so there. It makes no sense to go back and change the new mechanics they added for Nothosaurus and Archelon.

Sure it seems possible that we could get more animals that can climb onto the island in lagoons like Nothosaurus and Archelon do. But semi-aquatic animals like Sarcosuchus actually being able to go into lagoons as well as walk on land in the game is a pipe dream. It's not gonna happen.

It's more productive to focus on animals that just swim in the lagoons and perhaps can climb onto the islands. We're not getting semi-aquatic animals actually walking on land.

But there's still plenty of cool animals that could be added to the lagoons. Many of them have been suggested here. If Cenozoic animals ever get added, I think megalodon would be pretty cool. Though personally I would prefer Mesozoic and Paleozoic animals to take priority. Dakosaurus, Dolichorhynchops, Leedsichthys or Helicoprion would all be really cool additions I think. I'd also kinda like to see some of the weird or small mosasaurs, like Globidens, Carinodens or Halisaurus.

Semi-aquatic animals is clearly not going to happen.
Frontier has essentially already addressed this when they added the natural lagoon in that one Malta map and the islands for the Nothosaurus and Archelon. If they were to add actual semi-aquatic mechanics, they would have done so there. It makes no sense to go back and change the new mechanics they added for Nothosaurus and Archelon.

Sure it seems possible that we could get more animals that can climb onto the island in lagoons like Nothosaurus and Archelon do. But semi-aquatic animals like Sarcosuchus actually being able to go into lagoons as well as walk on land in the game is a pipe dream. It's not gonna happen.

It's more productive to focus on animals that just swim in the lagoons and perhaps can climb onto the islands. We're not getting semi-aquatic animals actually walking on land.

But there's still plenty of cool animals that could be added to the lagoons. Many of them have been suggested here. If Cenozoic animals ever get added, I think megalodon would be pretty cool. Though personally I would prefer Mesozoic and Paleozoic animals to take priority. Dakosaurus, Dolichorhynchops, Leedsichthys or Helicoprion would all be really cool additions I think. I'd also kinda like to see some of the weird or small mosasaurs, like Globidens, Carinodens or Halisaurus.
Oh... you seem not to understand the idea.
Archelon, Nothosaurus and species like Sarcosuchus don´t need animation to walk long distances on land! .... They just could use the same animation for "beaching" on the landparts of the lagoons they use for the lagoonplatform right now ! That would still be enough. Crocs f.e. are most of the time either under water or take sunbaths next to the water.
So...... if this wouldn´t be possible to do for Frontier, animals like Sarcosuchus, Machimosaurs Rex, Tanystropheus, Deinosuchus or even Dakosaurus could 100% for sure simply use the Lagoonplatform too ;) !
Dakosaurus would look very clumsy to get on the lagoonlatforms , just like Archelon, but that would be cool.

The other option is to make some smaller Semiaquatic animals like Tanystropheus as Landanimals that use the shallow water of the normal enclosoures only ... using the fishfeeder we have for Spinosaurs etc. That way we would have some Semiaquatic species for lagoonplatform and other like Koolasuchus for the "swamps" of normal enclosoures ;) .

Marine Species like Temnodontosaurs and Pliosaurus would be nice too, because they are big enough to use the Sharkfeeder and could get an animation to jump out of the water like some big whales do.

Last edited:
Oh... you seem not to understand the idea.
Archelon, Nothosaurus and species like Sarcosuchus don´t need animation to walk long distances on land! .... They just could use the same animation for "beaching" on the landparts of the lagoons they use for the lagoonplatform right now ! That would still be enough. Crocs f.e. are most of the time either under water or take sunbaths next to the water.
So...... if this wouldn´t be possible to do for Frontier, animals like Sarcosuchus, Machimosaurs Rex, Tanystropheus, Deinosuchus or even Dakosaurus could 100% for sure simply use the Lagoonplatform too ;) !
Dakosaurus would look very clumsy to get on the lagoonlatforms , just like Archelon, but that would be cool.

The other option is to make some smaller Semiaquatic animals like Tanystropheus as Landanimals that use the shallow water of the normal enclosoures only ... using the fishfeeder we have for Spinosaurs etc. That way we would have some Semiaquatic species for lagoonplatform and other like Koolasuchus for the "swamps" of normal enclosoures ;) .

Marine Species like Temnodontosaurs and Pliosaurus would be nice too, because they are big enough to use the Sharkfeeder and could get an animation to jump out of the water like some big whales do.
I mean, sure. With the current mechanics a Sarcosuchus could mostly swim and use the island to climb up on. But I don't think that would fit well for an animal like Sarcosuchus. And what I'm saying is that it seems highly unlikely that there will be any more semi-aquatic game mechanics aside from the island for the lagoons we have now. And I wasn't suggesting that Dakosaurus should get onto the island platforms.

I mean, sure. With the current mechanics a Sarcosuchus could mostly swim and use the island to climb up on. But I don't think that would fit well for an animal like Sarcosuchus. And what I'm saying is that it seems highly unlikely that there will be any more semi-aquatic game mechanics aside from the island for the lagoons we have now. And I wasn't suggesting that Dakosaurus should get onto the island platforms.
Sarcosuchus lived in habtats of swamps near coastal waters... so it could have lived in saltwater for some time like Saltwatercrocs and Nilcrocs can do nowadays ;)!
The perfect Lagoonplatform Croc would for shure so be Machimosaurus Rex ! It is the Biggest of all known "Marine Croc" with around 10m in length and 2-4Tonx wight, but sarcosuchus is build stronger.
Deinosuchus and/or Sarcosuchus could also live only in Normal enclosoures With its shallow waters. Shure they could not dive, but swimm and many modern day Croc hunt in very shallow water of watering holes and swamps during dryperiods .
Dakosaurus was a suggestion of me , because it has a Skull that is made for hunting prey that is bigger than itself.
But an animation for it to climb clumsy on the rockplatform could still look cool and make sence if you consider that were 12-14 m pliosaurs living at the same time as this 4-6m Marine Croc !
Modern Leopard seals (4m long, 400kg) don´t like to go on land too, because they are the best addapted seals for living in the ocean, but they do it when the have to hide from Orcas (7-9m long,3-4tons).

see about my idea for sarcosuchus and other semiaquatic creatures in
Sarcosuchus lived in habtats of swamps near coastal waters... so it could have lived in saltwater for some time like Saltwatercrocs and Nilcrocs can do nowadays ;)!
The perfect Lagoonplatform Croc would for shure so be Machimosaurus Rex ! It is the Biggest of all known "Marine Croc" with around 10m in length and 2-4Tonx wight, but sarcosuchus is build stronger.
Deinosuchus and/or Sarcosuchus could also live only in Normal enclosoures With its shallow waters. Shure they could not dive, but swimm and many modern day Croc hunt in very shallow water of watering holes and swamps during dryperiods .
Dakosaurus was a suggestion of me , because it has a Skull that is made for hunting prey that is bigger than itself.
But an animation for it to climb clumsy on the rockplatform could still look cool and make sence if you consider that were 12-14 m pliosaurs living at the same time as this 4-6m Marine Croc !
Modern Leopard seals (4m long, 400kg) don´t like to go on land too, because they are the best addapted seals for living in the ocean, but they do it when the have to hide from Orcas (7-9m long,3-4tons).
semiaquatic+dlc and update 10

see about my idea for sarcosuchus and other semiaquatic creatures in

semiaquatic+dlc and update 10
Some Semiaquatics with a bit deeper freshtwater ( a new deep freshwater ( like 2m deep) for the Boats) with Jurassic Bout tour ( Glas bottom boat ) and/ or "Jurassic world The Ride" like small tourboats as new attraction in Update 10 would be great ;) !!!!!!!!!!!!!! ....and finally some KELP ...lol

Yeehaaaaa,..... Megalodon is 99% for shure confirmed for the next 4 Species Pack by the Livestream of frontier today ;)! !!!!
That would be the Perfect time to Give us some KELP as Deco for the lagoons in the free Update as gift ;) !!!

Yeehaaaaa,..... Megalodon is 99% for sure confirmed for the next 4 Species Pack by the Livestream of frontier today ;)! !!!!
That would be the Perfect time to Give us some KELP as Deco for the lagoons in the free Update as gift ;) !!!
I'm curious to see what theme they go with for this species pack; especially since they already did a dlc that focused on marine species and improving the aquatic enclosures. Are they doing a marine pack, Cenozoic pack, or a non-dinosaur pack?

I'm curious to see what theme they go with for this species pack; especially since they already did a dlc that focused on marine species and improving the aquatic enclosures. Are they doing a marine pack, Cenozoic pack, or a non-dinosaur pack?
Personally, I'd love a "Prehistoric Sharks" pack

Even so a " 4 Terrors of the Sea DLC " seems to have little chance to happen,
I hope that More DLC´s for JWE II will be coming in 2024 and may be in 2025 cause of the TV show " Caostheory" and the new JW/JP 7 Movie.
Megalodon will for shure come to us in the next DLC ! which is great ;) !
But may be some other Great Lagoonanimals could come in later 4 species packs with other themes.
A good Mix would be 1 Aviary species, 1 Lagoon Species, 1 Land species and one Amphipious species like big Croc-relatives or something like Koolasuchus.

What do you think ?

Top Bottom