$80? Wow....

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Talk about a rip off here, sorry if this is already posted, but I was gonna pre-order the early bird to be able to play in the alpha, but for $80 is just way too much for game+beta access. Do you get something else, other than beta access I don't know about?

Yeah. It's expensive.
I admit ...

The most expensive Early Access I even seen until now ... We can call that a shame. And if it was not the game I expected the most of my life, I would never have paid that price ...

Last edited:
You don't just get Beta Access, you then own the game and can play it up until final release date. You will also receive updates whilst the game is still being developed. You won't need to buy the full version at release, because you already own the game. Hope that makes sense.

Yeah. It's expensive.

I admit ...

If we were included a season pass, it would be one thing, but since this is a base game and beta, $80 is way too expensive for my blood. I can wait when the game launches.

You don't just get Beta Access, you then own the game and can play it up until final release date. You will also receive updates whilst the game is still being developed. You won't need to buy the full version at release, because you already own the game. Hope that makes sense.

I get that, but at $80, that's just too $$$. It should be $50 tops.

Last edited:
If we were included a season pass, it would be one thing, but since this is a base game and beta, $80 is way too expensive for my blood. I can wait when the game launches.

Yees.. it's soo expensive.. :/ The thing is i think i can't wait :( [cry] [down]

Yes it is expensive and it cost me almost half my weekly state pension, but I used to spend that on cigarettes, every week which all went up in smoke!
Kicked the habit twenty five years ago now, and at least I am getting something that I can enjoy for a long time to come.

Last edited by a moderator:
And they won't refund your money if you don't like the alpha!!!

$80 isn't much compared to $2,350 + $80.

My computer is a little under 5 years old- it's struggling. Well- it's too slow for me.

It's also not as bad as coasterhead...I can't see that value in that.

The most expensive Early Access I even seen until now ... We can call that a shame. And if it was not the game I expected the most of my life, I would never have paid that price ...

Same...

Especially considering i payed 120€ ~ $130 for alpha access to Frontier Elite..
And i know the studio, i love to buy access, but yeah to steep a price..

Talk about a rip off here, sorry if this is already posted, but I was gonna pre-order the early bird to be able to play in the alpha, but for $80 is just way too much for game+beta access. Do you get something else, other than beta access I don't know about?

Na its not a rip of, you can or not buy early access.
Is it cheap,no its not but live is not cheap these days a very nice diner 300 € max 4 hours happiness
a very very good bottle of Nonino grappa 150 € is it cheap no but its not a rip off.
That's my humble opinion i hate that word you can buy it or not it's all up to you.
We can not all have a Ferrari
As I told previously if you play 200 hours its 0,40 $ if you play more its way cheaper .
You can wait and pay $29.99

Totally worth the money!
No one will say the opposite (at least, compared to what we've seen so far ...) but still in the top list of the most expensive early access ever. It's a fact.

And if they have the nerve to try to sell me some DLC after what I paid for this game, and that UGC is blocked so they could sell what we can not do ourselves, I guarantee I would spend the same time I have spent doing their advertising to kill them on social networks, shouting, unscrupulously, that they just want to make money and that it is a scam (which will be true in this case). I say it to be completely straight in my boots.

They can reach (almost) half of $ 1 billion with just sales if they do things right, and they manage to last a few years with an active community, so I hope they will not be too greedy.

But no hasty conclusions and start from the principle they are an honest (and that the E:D cashshop is just a rookie mistake) : For now, it's just an overexpensive early access, because the price of the game itself is correct, and the game looks just wonderful (for now) [yesnod][up]

Yes it is expensive and it cost me almost half my weekly state pension, but I used to spend that on cigarettes, every week which all went up in smoke!
Kicked the habit twenty five years ago now, and at least I am getting something that I can enjoy for a long time to come.

You spend it on what? Lol.

Na its not a rip of, you can or not buy early access.
Is it cheap,no its not but live is not cheap these days a very nice diner 300 € max 4 hours happiness
a very very good bottle of Nonino grappa 150 € is it cheap no but its not a rip off.
That's my humble opinion i hate that word you can buy it or not it's all up to you.
We can not all have a Ferrari
As I told previously if you play 200 hours its 0,40 $ if you play more its way cheaper .
You can wait and pay $29.99

The game is going to be $30, but yet the Beta cost more than the game itself? To me that's a big rip off there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you Brett for explaining what "s" are. Best thing I ever did when I packed up smoking. Now I'm retired, I now use that money for going on Cruise Holidays, with three booked for this year.

Early access is expensive, but I happily paid the money because I saw it as a way to support the game. Just wanted to make this a success as early as possible. [big grin] And of course I want to get my hands on Planet Coaster as soon as possible!!!

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom