A Call For Frontier To Put VR Legs On The Upcoming Road Map

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Me three. Ive spent far too much money on the setup below to play this!
1622430652043.png

Last edited:
Most definitely add me. Let's also voice the need for VR motion controller support on the roadmap. Odyssey game mechanics are made for this (i.e. arc cutter).
Further to my comment, it is vitally important that we let Fdev know that VR motion controller support must be part of the road map implementation. Let's not compromise for less - if No Man's Sky can do it then Elite Dangerous must also do so on principle. My opinion is that mouse and keyboard VR (face gun) is not VR. FPS gameplay in VR requires hand controllers - Skyrim VR, Fallout 4 VR, NMS, Onward, etc... The ED universe deserves this.

I worry that this this seemingly upward trending post started by our friend @VR Jay Le Chardon will simply have Fdev do the bare minimum in order to quiet us down. Again, let's ask for VR properly on the roadmap - full VR!

Last edited:
You can also add me to the list.
After getting my Rift S i haven't played ED without VR (except for the first part of the Odyssey Alpha) and i think that such VR support should be in the roadmap.
I would also like to see the VR controllers supported in order to use them on foot as currently i am using my HOTAS which is working but is far from ideal.

Further to my comment, it is vitally important that we let Fdev know that VR motion controller support must be part of the road map implementation. Let's not compromise for less - if No Man's Sky can do it then Elite Dangerous must also do so on principle. My opinion is that mouse and keyboard VR (face gun) is not VR. FPS gameplay in VR requires hand controllers - Skyrim VR, Fallout 4 VR, NMS, Onward, etc... The ED universe deserves this.
TBH, I'd probably switch from throttle/joystick while flying to throttle/mouse on foot, and continue playing seated. Flying around in NMS using the controllers is a bit meh, and I wouldn't be crazy about having to change controls, every time I step in or out of a ship, while wearing a headset. Not to say the option shouldn't be there, just that I can't see myself using it.

TBH, I'd probably switch from throttle/joystick while flying to throttle/mouse on foot, and continue playing seated. Flying around in NMS using the controllers is a bit meh, and I wouldn't be crazy about having to change controls, every time I step in or out of a ship, while wearing a headset. Not to say the option shouldn't be there, just that I can't see myself using it.
I've been hacking my way through EDO VR vanity cam using my index controllers that I've mapped to WASD. It's not too bad. I take off the controllers when in ship or srv and put them on either side of my joystick, all without removing my headset. Proves that the combo works and actually no different than needing to use a keyboard in Horizons for inputting chats/system names etc.

I've been hacking my way through EDO VR vanity cam using my index controllers that I've mapped to WASD. It's not too bad. I take off the controllers when in ship or srv and put them on either side of my joystick, all without removing my headset. Proves that the combo works and actually no different than needing to use a keyboard in Horizons for inputting chats/system names etc.
I have no doubt, and agree support for the controllers should be there, just that all that switching around is probably not for me. Yes, I'm lazy...

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom