A Guide to Minor Factions and the Background Sim

AND it lets groups who chose to disable BMs to walk over all others.

See it as the second coming of Imperial Patronage and Dictatorships... One could joke FD wanted this bias to come to pass and for democracies that for some reason always have BM everywhere as well as anarchists to wither and die.

Killing ships reduces the influence of the ship's faction in the system where you killed it.
Claiming bounties helps the faction that owns the station you are claiming at, unless the bounty is for a specific faction.

So, you are best to kill your enemy's ships in their system. But you can also hunt in your own system, claim generic (empire, fed, alliance) bounties at your home station, but save your faction's bounties and sell them in your enemy's station.

So if i hunt in my controlled system and gain my minor faction bounties and federation. i hand in the fed bountys at any station my faction controls and the faction specific bounties in at any system station not under our control ?

So if i hunt in my controlled system and gain my minor faction bounties and federation. i hand [snip] the faction specific bounties in at any system station not under our control ?

Only when you want to help the faction specific for the bounty. If you eared it in your faction controlled space, likely it will be your faction, so yes.
However, your faction needs to be present in the system to benefit.

If you get specific faction bounties for a faction you don't want to support. Either find a system they are present that you dont mind helping them in, or claim these bounties with the shady dealer at another system.

See it as the second coming of Imperial Patronage and Dictatorships... One could joke FD wanted this bias to come to pass and for democracies that for some reason always have BM everywhere as well as anarchists to wither and die.

Did you look at which factions are dictatorships? Now if you excuse me, I have to fetch my tinfoil hat.

Last edited:
Redeeming Combat Bonds

Hey guys,

Our faction is at war in a system that doesn't have stations with large landing pads (only two outposts there), so my buddies with large ships have to repair/restock in another system.

Question is: if Combat Bonds from my faction are redeemed in another system where our faction is present too, will it increase the faction's influence in the system at war or in the system where we redeemed the Bonds?

Hey guys,

Our faction is at war in a system that doesn't have stations with large landing pads (only two outposts there), so my buddies with large ships have to repair/restock in another system.

Question is: if Combat Bonds from my faction are redeemed in another system where our faction is present too, will it increase the faction's influence in the system at war or in the system where we redeemed the Bonds?
No, it won't help at all. Also, I don't think the kills in a CZ count for lowering their influence.

Your friends might be better off getting a FAS or Vulture for the duration. Are there any planetary bases? They have large pads.

No, it won't help at all. Also, I don't think the kills in a CZ count for lowering their influence.

Your friends might be better off getting a FAS or Vulture for the duration. Are there any planetary bases? They have large pads.
Damn, I was suspecting that. I will talk to my friends about this.

And there aren't any planetary bases either, only two outposts and two settlements.

Huge thanks, commander, have a rep!

3 new sticky threads about updates being made after taking into account player thoughts on 2.2 ..... including a PP update .... and yet still no love for the BGS.

I guess that says all we need to know.

3 new sticky threads about updates being made after taking into account player thoughts on 2.2 ..... including a PP update .... and yet still no love for the BGS.

I guess that says all we need to know.

Well the rollercoaster looks like it will be continuing until 2.3. Worst update in a while from a BGS perspective - not without some interesting nuance, but the information deficit just got a hell of a lot worse with the new mechanics.

Ît was fixed by FD. Otherwise you would drown in 100% and permaexpansion until you are in an investment trap. You won't get a one faction system anymore.

I know, but I wanna know what measures FDev put in the game to prevent it, if there's any. We are interested in chaining expansions from this system anyway. There used to be 4 factions, now there's only 2 (us and the controlling faction) and we're fighting against them for control of the system. Needless to say, the controlling faction expanded here from another system.

I know, but I wanna know what measures FDev put in the game to prevent it, if there's any. We are interested in chaining expansions from this system anyway. There used to be 4 factions, now there's only 2 (us and the controlling faction) and we're fighting against them for control of the system. Needless to say, the controlling faction expanded here from another system.

That sounds like a bug afaik, as once there is more than 2 factions it shouldn't be able to go to less than 3

Have you confirmed this lately. I checked last week and we weren't there. I think FDev finally realized their mistake...constant expansion from Gliese 1269 [noob]

I haven't checked recently, so if you couldn't see anything last week it must have been removed.

Jaques never used to have a problem with the BGS. I guess his systems were hard coded to handle this. Also, having no mission board would have helped.

Back
Top Bottom