A new update/DLC coming soon?

This does sound like the ideal scenario at this point, but I kind of doubt an animal pack is happening unless the DLC releases in early October (which I mean, isn't impossible). Otherwise there wouldn't be time to do daily animal focuses if they follow the format from the SEA pack.
To be honest, this is what I'm slightly concerned about. Another animal pack would be amazing and something I am really hoping for after my personal disappointment with the African pack. Or I'm at least hoping for something different.

So if its a regular DLC it will be something that drives me away from the game and not Draws me back into it. I would honestly unfollow everything Pz related if I'm disappointed again

I think it will be a normal pack.
Anything else would somehow not make sense when we expect the Aviary Pack for December.
Because for aviary, a normal pack doesn't make any sense.
In fact, I'll go as far as to say that an Animal Pack is not enough for birds.

Anything else would somehow not make sense when we expect the Aviary Pack for December.
I still don't think we should "expect" this necessarily. It isn't guaranteed by any means, even if it does feel likely.

I also don't think we should expect anymore than 7-8 animals for a hypothetical aviary pack. If the theory is correct, then Phase One ends with regions - it follows that Phase Two could be focused on birds. By that logic, a 7-8 animal pack for the first group of birds to give a bit of a basic roster makes sense, followed by additional birds in the next set of packs to buff out the roster.

Last edited:
I think it will be a normal pack.
Because for aviary, a normal pack doesn't make any sense.
In fact, I'll go as far as to say that an Animal Pack is not enough for birds.
True. If we get an animal pack now, I think that would make the changes for an aviary pack or similar in December much smaller.

When it comes to animals for this DLC, I would be fine with 4+1 and a Malayan tapir remodel in the update.

No matter what, this year has been adding more species than last year. In 2020 we saw SA, AU and aquatic. Which gave us 12+3 animals.

In 2021 SEA and Africa have so far added 11+2 animals and we most likely got two DLCs left in 2021. Even if both of those are basic 4+1 packs, we will end up with 19+4 species.

Of course I would also like that number to be higher, but it is not too bad when you compare it with last year.

I still don't think we should "expect" this necessarily. It isn't guaranteed by any means, even if it does feel likely.

I also don't think we should expect anymore than 7-8 animals for a hypothetical aviary pack. If the theory is correct, then Phase One ends with regions - it follows that Phase Two could be focused on birds. By that logic, a 7-8 animal pack for the first group of birds to give a bit of a basic roster makes sense, followed by additional birds in the next set of packs to buff out the roster.
Yeah, your right, i've forgot to say "In my perfect PZ world" 😁

I hope they mixed the Packs after Aviary and Continental Packs.
So that we have in the 4+1 Pack = 2 land, 1 aquatic and 1 bird
And in the 7+1 Pack = 3 land, 2 aquatic and 2 birds
(In my perfect PZ world :LOL:)

That seems dramatic.

Frankly, disappointment here is self-inflicted. We have no reason to think another animal pack is coming, none at all, so why would you set your expectations up for one?
You say that while most people are expecting an aviary pack in December. I like other people love this game but I am growing annoyed with the small DLC'S that add barely nothing that we grow bored of within 3 months and then go on about the next DLC because we want something new in a very small timeline

I mean you cant say lack of development or small DLCs honestly. What we get is a luxury, compared to other companys and games. I mean, what do you want? A situation like stellaris, where you are activly playing another game when you have all the DLC, making it almost a nessecity to by them all?

You say that while most people are expecting an aviary pack in December. I like other people love this game but I am growing annoyed with the small DLC'S that add barely nothing that we grow bored of within 3 months and then go on about the next DLC because we want something new in a very small timeline
Yeah, the DLC model will never please me. I get what you mean with lack of development. As much as I love every DLC and think they are fair priced, for me a DLC should always bring something game changing, new and fresh to the game. What we currently do with the DLCs is collecting animals (and buiilding pieces), so there is a constant longing for more, because the game has basically no other fresh things to explore.
And no, while I think the free updates are pretty generous, the features added are not really what I consider a game changer. So far, almost every addition was only an impulse to build different, but didn't change gameplay at it's core.

Which one did you feel is better?
I think it’s hard to talk about better with zoos because as long as animal welfare is good, the rest is subjective. They are both impressive but overall out of the two I’d say I prefer Blijdorp. Burgers’ is very impressive, especially with the indoor areas but it has a feel of being made up of individual parts which don’t really form a cohesive whole. And the bits in between feel a bit lost.

• Like (+1)
Reactions: LN
But may i ask, what would you see as something, that would change the gameplay to its core? This is a building game after all, expanding on the building is the logical step to take.
+ i would argue, that diving defenetly did change that gameplay core, allowing us wildly new things with adding another dimension.
And honestly, while they could expand the management aspect of the game, who really plays this game for that? Its not fun, its tedious. Its cool that every animal has genetics and its cool for everybody who has fun breeding them, but most people will only watch out that there wont be alabama going on in there zoo, if they even care enough to stop that.

The management aspect of the game is underwhelming, but honestly thats just not what the game is about. They should rather invest their time capitalizing on the strenghts of the game, instead of trying to fix the subpar stuff, that would need a lot of more time and effort

Top Bottom