A short introduction!

Bo Marit

Lead Community Manager
Frontier
Apologies, should of said welcome to Bo...

Welcome Bo! Maybe you can be our saviour [praise]

No worries! Your voice should be heard and please do know that you can always comment or PM me with any questions, feedback, or concerns. I will do my very best to help and explain :)!

I hope the news I just posted regarding the Alpha 3 livestreams hosted at Gamescom will answer some of your questions ;)

Zac Antonaci

Head of Communications
Frontier
Firstly, yes welcome Bo [happy]

But second, I agree with 'Gould-Digger', as I too have never really understood why the 'devs' are reluctant to share anything of significance with us paying Alpha players, yes I appreciate the game is 'work in progress' and subject to change, but surely there's no reason withholding info regards 'confirmed' rides, and I don't mean just 'coaster cars' [bored] for example, 'tea cups' was in the original trailer, which is of course even before alpha1 was released, yet has it ever been confirmed.

Now I understand the need to tease, and drip feed us with the occasional bit of content, but why is it only of late either, 'themes' 'entertainers' 'peep' related, why have there never (correct me if I'm wrong) been 'confirmed' pics of 'flat rides'.

Just one 'screenshot' of a new confirmed flat ride would be appreciated next 'Devs', if nothing else it'll confirm you aren't deliberately withholding them [squeeeeee]

Heya,

Both in response to this and the post from Gould-Digger, we understand that the community are keen to get information as quickly as possible and we're really keen on sharing all our work with you as the alpha progresses.

The way the alpha process has worked so far is an alpha build has been made live. As the feedback comes in you'll see a number of additional patches coming in to address any minor bugs and some areas of feedback. I think alpha 2 is a great example of the development team making a number of awesome changes and additions early in the alpha phase based directly from feedback. Then there is a long period where the teams are reviewing overall feedback and developing the game. From there, as with previous alpha phases, we like to give you guys a really good look at the content that the team have been working on as we get closer to release, when the content is ready and the as it starts to get its final set of polish.

We've been hard at work on the plans for the pre alpha streams and this year we're going to be doing four days packed full of cool content updates and fun community streams live from Gamescom. Take a look at the details Bo posted here: https://forums.planetcoaster.com/sh...stream-Schedule!-Tune-in-during-Gamescom-2016!

I understand that it can be a long wait between builds but the team are very excited to be showing you the content they’ve been working on, with your feedback, and hope you’ll be able to join us for the four days.

Last edited:
Pardoes als je avatar!! Ik herken een fellow Brabander!

Jazeker, al zo'n 32 jaar, ik kom uit de buurt van de Efteling!
Er zit hier een behoorlijk grote Nederlandse commune op dit forum! Leuk om nu ook een Nederlandse dame bij het ontwikkelaarsteam erbij te hebben! *har*[cool][pirate]

Thanks, by the way Zac for the explanation of how the community-team is composed! [big grin]

The way the alpha process has worked so far is an alpha build has been made live. As the feedback comes in you'll see a number of additional patches coming in to address any minor bugs and some areas of feedback. I think alpha 2 is a great example of the development team making a number of awesome changes and additions early in the alpha phase based directly from feedback. Then there is a long period where the teams are reviewing overall feedback and developing the game. From there, as with previous alpha phases, we like to give you guys a really good look at the content that the team have been working on as we get closer to release, when the content is ready and the as it starts to get its final set of polish.

- I'd almost agree 100%. Yes we did indeed have some minor bug fixes during the first 2 - 3 weeks of alpha 2. We then had a peroid of almost total silence until a few screenshots were drip feeded in, not to forget the cosmic cow shanigans. I qoute my post on that thread

'I think this is a key example of why the planet coaster team needs to show us more up and coming stuff! They've probably spent hours working on this and yet the majority don't like it.

People have been asking time and time again for smaller, but more frequent updates (Either in game or via forums/social media) which would solve this issue.

Less time wasted developing things we don't like and more time creating and working on the stuff we love. '

We've been hard at work on the plans for the pre alpha streams and this year we're going to be doing four days packed full of cool content updates and fun community streams live from Gamescom. Take a look at the details Bo posted here: https://forums.planetcoaster.com/sh...stream-Schedule!-Tune-in-during-Gamescom-2016!

- There's no doubt that you're all hard at work (Aren't we all :p). It would just be nice if you showed off this hard work more frequently. Appreciated that you've shared the live stream dates with us, however thinking in terms of communication with the community, it would of been nice to of known that you weren't going to stick to the alpha 1 - 2 livestream schedule, but were planning something bigger and better.

I understand that it can be a long wait between builds but the team are very excited to be showing you the content they’ve been working on, with your feedback, and hope you’ll be able to join us for the four days.

I'm glad you take on all our feedback, but I hope you haven't missed the point here. My cocerns aren't about the game or how long we have to wait between builds. This is about the communication between you (Planet coaster team members) and the customer.

Hello BO,

welcome to the community, great to have you here in this forum!
It's the friendliest forum I've ever been, and there is a great spirit :) I hope you enjoy it as much as we do :)

Have a good start and greetings from Switzerland :)

Hi,
Will there be more on-screen commands, instead of just keyboard controls. I am disabled and ham not able to play the game to its full potential yet.

I have posted a couple of blogs but no one seems as yet to be interested.

Good luck with your new post Graham

Last edited:
Hi,
Will there be more on-screen commands, instead of just keyboard controls. I am disabled and ham not able to play the game to its full potential yet.

I have posted a couple of blogs but no one seems as yet to be interested.

Good luck with your new post Graham

In your blogs have you suggested how such an interface could work? IE currently you would have to hold down shift key to raise or lower an item, but with any other interface I'm not sure how this could work?

I know you can buy mice with 20+ buttons that can be mapped to keyboard functions, could that work? Or whatever input device you can use - There are ways of mapping just about any device to act as a keystroke input.

Hi,
I was personally thinking of something like the old rollercoaster tycoon game. If you selected an item such as a piece of wall, or hotdog, candy floss stand. In the left hand corner it would appear and you could rotate it in 45° segments. Prior to placing it in the game.

Graham.

Last edited:
Hi,
I was personally thinking of something like the old rollercoaster tycoon game. If you selected an item such as a piece of wall, or hotdog, candy floss stand. In the left hand corner it would appear and you could rotate it in 45° segments. Prior to placing it in the game.

Graham.

you could do the same thing using just the mouse if you press the X key to bring up the clickable move/rotate functions. So then you would just need a mouse/controller that could have a button mapped to the 'X' key. Maybe you should start a thread about this, I don't think Frontier would have to make too many changes to make the game fully accessible.

Gould-Digger said:
;81129 I qoute my post on that thread

'I think this is a key example of why the planet coaster team needs to show us more up and coming stuff! They've probably spent hours working on this and yet the majority don't like it.

People have been asking time and time again for smaller, but more frequent updates (Either in game or via forums/social media) which would solve this issue.

You don't know really that the majority didn't like that. There was never a poll on the matter. You can't really know on the posts alone.

They know that some people would prefer smaller updates, but I think they gave a really good reason why they don't want to do it, and that is good enough for me. Sorry but I don't have a link ready for you on that.

Last edited:
You don't know really that the majority didn't like that. There was never a poll on the matter. You can't really know on the posts alone.

They know that some people would prefer smaller updates, but I think they gave a really good reason why they don't want to do it, and that is good enough for me. Sorry but I don't have a link ready for you on that.

The reason why they wouldn't make smaller and more frequent updates is because of the fact that some players/users have bandwidth caps, and dont want updates downloading every other day, instead they would have enough of their cap set aside for the larger update. Not to mention that larger updates allow for more stuff to be fixed and potentially less issues during the process.

Hi you're right the problem is though when you map any key i.e. X or Z to the right mouse key, if it's in the build section with the grid the right key takes over automatically as delete. There needs to be some way of cancelling delete on the right key when you're using the build grid.

Hi you're right the problem is though when you map any key i.e. X or Z to the right mouse key, if it's in the build section with the grid the right key takes over automatically as delete. There needs to be some way of cancelling delete on the right key when you're using the build grid.

That's why you buy a gaming/CAD mouse that has a load of extra buttons to map as hotkeys. Sounds like it could work.

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
Ooh, I'm very late to this welcoming party because of my holiday, but nonetheless:

Welcome Bo! [happy]

We're very happy to see a new face in the community team of Frontier! I wish you all the best and a ton of fantastic fun with your new job, and I look forward to see you on the forums and livestreams!

Bo Marit

Lead Community Manager
Frontier
Ooh, I'm very late to this welcoming party because of my holiday, but nonetheless:

Welcome Bo! [happy]

We're very happy to see a new face in the community team of Frontier! I wish you all the best and a ton of fantastic fun with your new job, and I look forward to see you on the forums and livestreams!

Thanks Joel [heart]

Top Bottom