A Tragedy of 2022

I'd buy another Frontier product if it's good enough, but not another vision.
I won't buy another Frontier product, the way I look at them now at least.
They screwed the console gamers over and just tossed them out the window imo, I don't trust them anylonger and definitely won't support them by buying other products made by them.
It's not that there isn't enough choice in other games.

I'm not angry or getting my undies in a twist over this anymore, I just move over to other games, Starfield will be a welcome change and I'm looking forward to it.
I've had my money's worth playing ED for about 4000 hours so that's fine, when Frontier chose to dump the console versions that's just where it ended for me and I stopped being one of their customers.

Hi :)

(Abbreviated)....
I mean it was fun before and it's still fun, but there's this distinct sense that they have a huge setting and don't really know what to do with it. I kind of imagine design team meetings where there's a lot of silence and then someone'll say, "So what're we going to do next?"

There's more silence, until:

"Thargoids?" someone suggests.

"We've done thargoids."

More silence.

"Bigger thargoids?"

"Yeah, I guess that'll do."

:giggle: Something like that did cross my mind when I realised the Thargoids were going to be the next new 'feature', again.
There's nothing wrong I suppose in fleshing out an ongoing part of the game, especially as it was part of the original series. I was just hoping there would be more variety in the games 'Alien Species' repertoire.
That would undoubtably, or could have led to some more interesting situations, and of course more new content for generally the whole game, given some intuitive prior planning, I would have thought personally?
Ah well, 🤷‍♂️

Jack :)

We now have Doom points to in addition to Bazmesons? I think I'd give it 4/10 Dooms, because of pathos, drama and certain preaching flow it has.

What it lacks is flair and fire. But good balance between accusations and meandring within the forum rules.

Yeah, defo 4/10 Dooms from me.
Some what surprised Doom being .. 4/10 ? Sorry but Doom was optimised with ray tracing at 120fps voted 4.6 from metacritic and one of the best fps shooters I played. Also remains fully downloadable in season pass . Where is EDO ?? Simply EDO isnt even fit enough to tie its own shoe lace.

Please however do let me which fact I mentioned was false ? Truth hurts though doesn’t it ✌️

Such a tragedy.

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
Some what surprised Doom being .. 4/10 ? Sorry but Doom was optimised with ray tracing at 120fps voted 4.6 from metacritic and one of the best fps shooters I played. Also remains fully downloadable in season pass . Where is EDO ?? Simply EDO isnt even fit enough to tie its own shoe lace.

Please however do let me which fact I mentioned was false ? Truth hurts though doesn’t it ✌️

Such a tragedy.
Your post was mostly composed with opinions and false accusations, not facts. And that's a fact.

It isn't tragedy, it is opportunity.

Elite players on consoles finally have completed game!
No more changes, nerfs or buffs, your UI, light, game and mechancis will be identical now, tomorrow, and in next year :D

Your post was mostly composed with opinions and false accusations, not facts. And that's a fact.
First you mention doom with a rating as in support of other presumably non Xbox players and now accuse me of providing an opinion with false accusations without any substance or or at the very least evidence.

For the record everything I have said is factual and will happily provide numerous references but if indeed I did or have spread such false accusations I’m pretty sure would be removed as a breech in ToC.

Your last comment I find highly derogatory and deeply offence on that basis as a volunteer moderation provide me with a link to raise a formal complaint against your code of conduct.

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
Your last comment I find highly derogatory and deeply offence on that basis as a volunteer moderation provide me with a link to raise a formal complaint against your code of conduct.
[Moderation Message]
When participating in threads, moderators are bound by the same forum rules as other users - link provided:
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/forum-rules-and-guidelines-23-may-2016.251032/

Please use the report button to report any posts that are thought to break those forum rules. Any such reports will be dealt with appropriately.
[/Moderation Message]

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
First you mention doom with a rating as in support of other presumably non Xbox players and now accuse me of providing an opinion with false accusations without any substance or or at the very least evidence.

For the record everything I have said is factual and will happily provide numerous references but if indeed I did or have spread such false accusations I’m pretty sure would be removed as a breech in ToC.

I was typing from a phone at the time. Here you go:

those that are suffering playing EDO
Opinion, not a fact.

A bug ridden space FPS

False accusation. Majority of the most annoying bugs were fixed in the last year, in the 14 major patches that we've received. "Bug ridden" is an extreme exaggeration, ergo: false accusation, as you state it as if it was a fact.

that brings a next level grind to the pitch
Opinion.

These poor souls are infected by FDev sirens where worship is absolute
Not only rude, but also false accusation. The vast majority of the people that praise Oddysey do not shy away from constructive criticism. Of course there are a few "white knights", but the same can be said about the "dark knigts" - absolute malcontents where badmouthing, whining and complaining, to use your own words, "is absolute"

without such infection or listen to anymore lies
Nobody lied to anybody, at least in the context that you mean. Ergo: false accusation

The real tragedy is that a missed opportunity of a game that has so much potential
Opinion.

¯\(ツ)

I was typing from a phone at the time.
Access and replying to a forum post is technology agnostic and you sir crossed a line.

When participating in threads, moderators are bound by the same forum rules as other users - link provided:
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/forum-rules-and-guidelines-23-may-2016.251032/
thank you !

All do remember that information is not intelligence and data does not necessarily permit a conclusion.

The real tragedy is people posting doom threads in the first place. What's the point? I stopped playing over a year ago, and have gradually missed it less and less. At one time, I held hope that they would fix the issues that I'm unable to accept. Now, I just get more verification that will likely never happen.

The game isn't dead or dying, it's just not for me anymore. I came to grips with that reality, but some continue to thrive in their own fantasy world. Doom threads are just a way for them to keep the fantasy alive.

If you don't like the game, just go away....

Mar 13, 2023: Correction, ED wasn't for me until a few weeks ago. I've recently returned to this buggy mess after a significant hardware change. (I'm having a great time)

Last edited:
Anyone remember this?
doomlord.jpg

Top Bottom