Active Discounts thread

Note: OP Discontinued as of 9/10/17 and will not be updated. As far as I am aware the updates below were up to date as of this date.

Wanted to start this before 1.3 but thought I'd wait to see what the changes were. Feel free to post any updates on new discounts or any information that you think needs adding/removing.
I plan for this to be the one stop thread for optimising your purchases similar to how multiple owners are updating the amazing community goals thread.
Link to permits thread here: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=122593
Link to community goals thread here: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=245756

Note1: Lower module/ship cost will lower your insurance for any re-buys.
Note2: Requirement means requirements to get the discount, not to buy the ship in the first place like Empire rank requirements etc.
Note3: "All outfitting and ships" does not mean everything is sold there, it means the discount applies to everything in stock :)
Note4: Useful links:
http://inara.cz/galaxy
https://eddb.io/
https://coriolis.edcd.io/

Both Outfitting & Ships:
All outfitting & ships
Discount: 15%
End date: None given
Requirements: None
Last verified working: 29/05/17

All outfitting and ships
Discount: 10%
Requirements: Permit gained via Elite rank or backer level

All Ships and limited outfitting - See post #568
Discount: 20% on selected ships, 30% on selected modules
Requirements: Permit gained via CQC Prestige
Last verified working:20/07/17
Ships:
ASP
Discount: 20%
Requirements: Alioth Permit

Orca
Requirements: Alioth Permit

Diamondback Explorer
Last verified working: 04/06/17

Eagle
Requirements: Sol Permit
Last verified working: 28/05/17

Vulture & Federal Dropship
Requirements: Sol Permit
Last verified working: 28/05/17

Eagle
Requirements: Beta Hydri Permit
Last verified working: 06/09/16

Imperial Ships
Last verified working: 06/09/16
Outfitting:
Weapons
End date: None Given
Last verified working: 24/01/17

Cargo racks and Hull Reinforcement - Does not apply to Bulkheads
Last verified working:24/01/17
Insurance:
Discount: 5% to 20%
Requirements: Powerplay pledge and rating
Last verified working:
Ended:
All ships in stock
Discount: 5%
End date: Unknown
Last verified working:

All outfitting
Discount: 5%
End date: Expected around 26th May 2016
Last verified working:
Notes: See post #843

All outfitting
Discount: 30%
End date: Unknown - Reported finished 15/02/16
Last verified working: 08/02/16

Imperial ships
Discount: Additional 20% on top of other discounts (Stacking confirmed)
End date: 27/10/15
Last verified working: 20/10/15
Additional Information: Achenar Community goal reward. Ship rank requirements removed for duration of discount.

Specific Ships in Stock
End date: None given <- Reported Ended on 21/11/15
Last verified working: 12/11/15
Notes: Impounded rebel ships are discounted.

FSD's
Discount: 23.5%
End date: 16/07/15
Last verified working: 15/07/15

All outfitting and ships
Discount: 20% / 15%
End date:
Last verified working: 30/06/15

All Shields
End date: 12/06/2015

Imperial Courier
End date: 19/06/2015
Requirements: Achenar Permit

In addition to the above if you hold an Elite rank in Trading/Exploring/Combat/Cqc you will see a 2.5% galaxy wide discount which adds to any other discount (e.g. Founders world = 12.5% discount).

Additional Information & Where to look if you already bought ship/modules at normal prices:
Modules sell for 100% of their purchase cost.
Ships sell for 90% of their purchase cost.

This means:
1) It's better to downgrade modules before selling ships.
2) You cannot farm credits by using discounts.
3) If the additional discount is above 10% from what you bought your ship at then you will gain credits by selling your ship and re-buying it.
4) You can sell modules you bought for full price and re-buy them at discount saving you cash.

If you sell a module it will be stored in the buyback section at the original price. The options are:
1) Wait 6-8 minutes for the station inventory to refresh so you can access the modules at the discount
2) Sell the modules at a different station nearby.

Edit: Buyback rumoured as changing in 1.4 to be only available until outfitting is closed so you may not have to wait to swap out modules any more. <- Still needs clarification

Since it's 100% return on purchase cost I advise simply buying different module ratings at the nearest system and change station to where you can buy the correct modules.
For example if I want to replace my A grade FSD and D grade thrusters with discounted ones I will fly next door and equip C grade FSD and B grade thrusters before flying back and getting the discounted ones.

Important: Make sure you check the station inventory before downgrading thrusters, FSD and powerplant. If you sell your module and wait for it to disappear from the buyback section you may find yourself stuck in the system if you are unable to buy one of sufficient quality to move/jump/power your ship.

Post #406 has very good information on where to get what ships in Li Yong Rui Systems. Feel free to check it and rep Gazra :)

Last edited:
Great idea for a thread. I can never remember where these discounts are :) +sub

I did sub to another thread, another mentioned these discounts too:

Also:

Daedalus Station (Sol) have 20% discount on Eagle. (Midshipman - Federation)
Edmondson High (Beta Hydri) have 10% discount on Eagle and many weapons (Petty Officer - Federation)

I haven't confirmed these myself.

Great idea for a thread. I can never remember where these discounts are :) +sub

I did sub to another thread, another mentioned these discounts too:

I haven't confirmed these myself.

The Diamondback Scout isn't discounted at Wolf 406, only the Explorer.

Thanks, editing those in now. I may do a run around once I finish my current exploration trip and confirm any ones where people are unsure. :)

Last edited:
I believe there is a flat 10% discount on ships and outfitting at Altair (Solo Orbiter)... Would appreciate a second set of eyeballs on it to make sure I'm not misremembering/misrepresenting it!

Updated a few, for everyones information the 15% discount from Li Yong Rui systems also applies to ships making it the number one place to buy things really.

Can anyone confirm if the Founders world is 15% instead of 10% now, I heard it was changed in 1.3?

"Updated a few, for everyones information the 15% discount from Li Yong Rui systems also applies to ships making it the number one place to buy things really."

Any ideas if this has an end date. Just rebought and spent 30mil on a type 7 to try make funds for python , and if theres and end date I know if I need to buy and store the python :) cheers

Last edited:
"Updated a few, for everyones information the 15% discount from Li Yong Rui systems also applies to ships making it the number one place to buy things really."

Any ideas if this has an end date. Just rebought and spent 30mil on a type 7 to try make funds for python , and if theres and end date I know if I need to buy and store the python :) cheers

Well assuming Li Yong-Rui does not loose his controlled systems get kicked out of Powerplay I assume its forever.
If you look under his Stats at Controlled system it says 15% discount on outfitting. If the ships discount is a mistake i'd say it will last as long as Devs take to fix it :p

Useful thread, +1 for sticky!
Btw Mahon's 20% doesn't seem to apply, I have checked 2 systems (1 controlled 1 exploited) and cargo racks had no discount..

Thanks, added.

Anyone know the reason that Dalton has a discount, its in Hudson Territory but is an independently owned station??
I don't know why, but I can at least confirm the 20% discount is valid. Just bought a Python for 45M. Try and bring at least a 5A FSD with you, as it doesn't sell modules for it.

Top Bottom