Alien archaeology and other mysteries: Breaking News, Theories and Tinfoil Hattery

Have we information - who controls the Thargoids (event): a person (administrator) or an artificial intellect? This will give us an understanding of logic, if this is a person - this will be one criterion, if it is an AI, then another.

So far, I see (except for the main events around the Maia system) that Thargoids strike all PP factions (several systems in each), reducing their income from the systems (but not critically). Something special systems do not differ (exception: it is never the capital of the faction, or the point of interest).

Last edited:
Have we information - who controls the Thargoids (event): a person (administrator) or an artificial intellect? This will give us an understanding of logic, if this is a person - this will be one criterion, if it is an AI, then another.

They are under the control of Far God. :alien:

They are under the control of Far God. :alien:
:) well, Far God very bad strategist, it saves us from retreat. But nevertheless, we need something more powerful from a weapon than the current one. Too much time is spent cleaning systems from infection. We have too few pilots involved in cleaning, plus our weapons are too local (especially for our large ship models), which works 1-vs-1 in honest Kumite, but Thargoids use the "Zerling Rush" strategy, which is why they win. We need something more massive. Turrets (for solo and not in the player's wing). Considering that beetles are afraid of fire, a nuclear explosion within a radius of 1-3 kilometers will fit (or a Mycoid cloud (someone needs to call the Club here, they should have had a recipe from INRA)). We know that every ship of beetles is in connection with some kind of command center (possibly with the Queen’s ship or just with the mother ship), if we manage to drown out this signal, or send our own, we can direct a swarm against them self (By the way, we can check if at the same time we place the Guardian ancient relict in the mother ships that we have already discovered, and see the weekly result - will there be changes in the behavior of the Thargoids). Example
at least we have no understanding of what is happening, except for special effects

If the theory is confirmed, then we need to move on to the next step: each large Thargoid has a unique label. The emblem. The emblem is not very much in fact. And if their number corresponds to the number of mother ships (here we need to carefully examine the mother ships, perhaps in some spectrum from a height. As far as I noticed, they differ. The theory is such an emblem = the structure of the mother ship (if you look at the mother ship from above)), then it will be possible to track Thargoids: having met Thargoid in space, we can identify the ship and have understanding which mother ship we need to disable.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWYKOtMfJjU

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QV9lGv34o80

Last edited:
Interceptor Shield Strength Study

Executive Summary

A study was carried out to estimate Thargoid Interceptor shield strength. By employing a model of Interceptor shield decay and human weapon damage, the shield strength of all four Interceptor variants was measured. The table below shows the starting shield strength of each Interceptor.

AjkteKQ.png

Initially, when the shield strength was estimated using various types of weapons, namely Laser Beams and Multi-Cannons, it was found that different types of damage have a greater or lesser effectiveness against the shield and thus yielded contradictory results. A breakthrough in the study came when it was realized that Interceptor shields have the same resistances and vulnerabilities as unengineered human shield generators. The magnitude of each damage component in a given weapon was scaled according to the standard resistance of 50%, 40%, and -20% for explosive, kinetic, and thermal damage, respectively. The shield strength measurements were then consistent across weapon types within experimental errors.

Additionally, the following set observations were made:
  • As expected based on standard resistances, thermal damage is the most effective against Interceptor shields. Laser beams and weapons with the incendiary experimental effect are most effective.
  • Explosive damage is the weakest of all four types. Additionally, the Interceptor shield has a 30% chance of deflecting incoming missiles without incurring any damage.
    The damage output of railguns seems to be 60% thermal and 40% kinetic. That was the damage partitioning that was the most consistent with other results.
  • The damage partitioning of absolute, thermal, and kinetic damage for Plasma Accelerators seems to be closer to 60/10/30 instead of the oft-quoted 60/20/20.
    • Update: These results are somewhat of an anomaly because more detailed calculations of PAs show that the partition of damage is indeed 60/20/20
  • Multi-cannons with the incendiary experimental effect seem to have damage that consists of 90% thermal and 10% kinetic as shield measurements that assumed 100% thermal damage were not consistent with those of Beam weapons.
  • The absolute shield decay rate of all Interceptor types seems to be around 24.5 MJ/s. Higher level variants have shields that last longer because they simply have a higher starting magnitude.
Theory

The cornerstone of this analysis is that Interceptor shields exhibit a linear shield decay rate. The shield strength of an Interceptor will decay from 100% to 90% at the same rate that it does from 10% to 0%. When left unperturbed, the shield strength of a given Interceptor variant will decay from 100% to 0% in a fixed period of time T_0. Now, when damage is inflicted on the shield by a weapon, the shield will reach a 0% sooner, at a time T_1. This can be easily visualized by considering the unperturbed case and the scenario where the shield is continuously damaged by a beam weapon, as shown in the figure below.

2Sq0wQt.png

The essence of the argument is that we know how much damage was dealt to the shield, and we know what fraction of the shield was supposed to be left at time T_1. Based on those two pieces of information---the damage dealt by the weapon and the baseline fractional shield at a given moment---we can infer the initial shield strength of the Interceptor shield. The formal equations for estimating the shield strength are given below.

4xMNk8j.png

During the course of this study, it was hypothesized that the Interceptor shield has the same resistances as standard, unengineered human shield generators: 50%, 40%, and -20% for explosive, kinetic, and thermal damage, respectively. This assumption made a significant difference in making the estimates from various weapons coincide with one another.

For a given weapon, such as Railgun or Plasma Accelerator, the partition of damage between the individual components of the weapon were taken from assumptions made by members of the Pilot’s Federation. During the course of this analysis, those parameters had to be adjusted in order for the shield estimates to match. For instance, the damage partition for Railguns was initially assumed to be 50/50, but was later revised to the 60/40 (thermal/kinetic) because it seemed to fit the data more closely.

The full analysis study can be found here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1E4dRI-1nXyjzr68la07gudNV2wVf5e6mBigFAjQBD8s/edit?usp=sharing

Last edited:
There is one additional thing I'd like the community here to consider: Given that the two shielding technologies share the same base resistances, is it possible that we derived our shield generator know-how from the Thargoids? Yes, it looks like the link between the two shielding technologies is still tenuous at best, but quite intriguing nonetheless.

My personal belief is that the Thargoids assimilated shield technology from their old nemesis, The Guardians, just like I believe they've assimilated abilities of space based lifeforms out there, such as Anomalies that strike with lightning and Pods that deal Caustic damage. I think the Thargoids are quite tough to begin with, so they probably assimilated shield technology to a limited degree, which would explain their shield's natural decay with time. It's only a "panic" shield they erect after losing a heart.

In any case, I know there's plenty of documentation linking the development of our hyperspace technology with Thargoids (it's explicitly mentioned in several canon and non-canon sources), but I don't think there's any documentation of a relationship between our shield technology and the Thargoids'.

Last edited:
ACA639CF68AD572C66371792462B0135A3AD7894

Has a systemic study of the distribution of NHSS from system to system been done yet (now that we have the new scanners)? Asterope always seems to have a strangely odd number of NHSS vs nearby systems.

ACA639CF68AD572C66371792462B0135A3AD7894

Has a systemic study of the distribution of NHSS from system to system been done yet (now that we have the new scanners)? Asterope always seems to have a strangely odd number of NHSS vs nearby systems.

Just my gut instinct... but I'm 99% sure it's because it only has a small amount of system bodies (3) and only one station.

There's three sorts of USS spawn patterns I've found in the game.
  • Somewhat random, but centered around solar bodies within =~ 1,000Ls
  • Maximal, which spawns USS anywhere in system, up to around the same distance as the furthest planetary body from the main star. This is usually for mission-related USS
  • "Environmental"... everyone complains when "there's a war on, I don't feel like the system is at war!". So states like War, Election, Famine, Outbreak etc. now have an increased spawn concentrations around dockable assets, so you "see" them going in to dock.

Instead of there being several dockable stations in that system, there's just one, and there's very few system bodies in Asterope (just the two other stars). Just stars don't typically result in USS/State Asset spawning (There was a bug a long time back where if you went to war in a system with just an outpost and a star, and no other bodies, Conflict Zones wouldn't spawn, as they usually spawn based off the location of planets). Short version; an exception had to be coded in this place.

In this case, I'm guessing all the signals are concentrating in one spot.

* Except I just read 342 signals.... that's a lot >.> . I'll leave this post anyway as hopefully it's useful, but I don't have any ideas behind that.

Would it be fair to say KGBFOAM is a potential candidate category? I know O isn't on the above list... but just thoerycrafting a potentially logical group?
Isn't that just most stars? ;)
And the most common stars with ELWs, although some systems won't have ELWs of course, but I bet it's a major chunk of them.

Mm, surely most players will tend to avoid non-scoopable systems, so the data may be inadvertently skewed- NHSS might be in non-scoopable systems but just not found...

Seem to remember in the dim past entering some non-scoopable systems enroute from Maia/Merope to the bubble & finding some NHSS (but cant be positive on that).

Sorry if I'm (probably) (incredibly) late to the party here... was there an organized effort to see if there is a code hidden in the thargoid interceptor audio spectrograph? Or maybe in the series of 3-digit numbers that appears when you try to scan one?

Mm, surely most players will tend to avoid non-scoopable systems, so the data may be inadvertently skewed- NHSS might be in non-scoopable systems but just not found...

Seem to remember in the dim past entering some non-scoopable systems enroute from Maia/Merope to the bubble & finding some NHSS (but cant be positive on that).
My post was referring to a previous poster relating the Star Class to "systems attacked by Thargoids", which I interpreted as systems which were targeted by the Eagle Eye network (and, if populated, could potentially result in damaged stations), rather than systems with just the presence of NHSS.

Sorry if I'm (probably) (incredibly) late to the party here... was there an organized effort to see if there is a code hidden in the thargoid interceptor audio spectrograph? Or maybe in the series of 3-digit numbers that appears when you try to scan one?
Nothing noteworthy in the Thargoid Interceptor sounds. The 1's and 0's are basically a message which is a throwback to what you'd see in the original Elite series when you'd encounter Thargoids.

Aegis Forms Partnership with Ram Tah

Aegis has entered into a partnership with the engineer Ram Tah to manufacture Guardian-related technology.

Senior Engineer Lilith Galloway made the following statement on behalf of Aegis:

“We believe that Ram Tah’s accomplishments, while impressive, represent only a fraction of what can be accomplished. We have therefore entered into an agreement that will allow Aegis to bring its considerable resources to bear in the manufacture of Guardian-related technology, both now and in the future.”

Galloway confirmed that technology brokers would remain licensed distributors of the Trident, Javelin and Lance XG fighters.

Ram Tah also gave a short statement to the media:

“To me, Aegis represents what can be achieved when humanity pulls together, and I am delighted to be entering into this partnership.”

Hm, interesting. Especially that they mention brokers will keep the rights to XG fighters, but don't say a word about modules/hardpoints.

Maybe another bone for new players, "we" have unlocked those things already anyway.

Top Bottom