Alien archaeology and other mysteries: Breaking News, Theories and Tinfoil Hattery

not at all. there are plenty of nhss and hyperdictions in the adjacent thargoid systems

Yeah. Took a trip to Asterope and sure enough ..

Salvation's Proteus, an interesting science project, not exactly the "Thargoid Doomsday" advertised. If he
did survive but it's found his negligence killed his entire research staff, he might end up wishing he'd gone down with Bright Sentinel!

Yeah. Took a trip to Asterope and sure enough ..

Salvation's Proteus, an interesting science project, not exactly the "Thargoid Doomsday" advertised. If he
did survive but it's found his negligence killed his entire research staff, he might end up wishing he'd gone down with Bright Sentinel!
As far as I know he was in a ship called "Nemesis" which was not found among the wreckage.

As far as I know he was in a ship called "Nemesis" which was not found among the wreckage.

I would say let the manhunt begin but given the enigmatic appearance of the back of his head and by the sound of his (really great) voice acting, I've a feeling we'll be hearing from Salvation again. Probably with something like, "did it work? No. But I'm pretty sure I know what went wrong."

It makes me wonder:

Has the Guardian AI infected the Thargoid ships?

The pulse worked, the Goids stopped. Then another pulse wakes them back up and Guardian relics are Goided.

Thus, has Salvation unwittingly bridged the gap and done a double on us- made the Thargoids mad, woke up the AI (from that giant pile of objects) and now we have a bizzare hybrid?

I would say let the manhunt begin but given the enigmatic appearance of the back of his head and by the sound of his (really great) voice acting, I've a feeling we'll be hearing from Salvation again. Probably with something like, "did it work? No. But I'm pretty sure I know what went wrong."
That bald head, probably also stroking a white kittycat, shouldn't be hard to find. We just need to clone one British secret service agent. We'll end up finding him in a hideaway in a dormant volcano.

I say we don't kill him. I suggest we find a cyclops nearby, and then drop him in an escape pod in front of it. Then leave.

It makes me wonder:

Has the Guardian AI infected the Thargoid ships?

The pulse worked, the Goids stopped. Then another pulse wakes them back up and Guardian relics are Goided.

Thus, has Salvation unwittingly bridged the gap and done a double on us- made the Thargoids mad, woke up the AI (from that giant pile of objects) and now we have a bizzare hybrid?

Ya I was thinking along the same lines, I just posted this on another thread:

"Looking at the relic a thought crossed my mind. Does it signify that the Thargoids have somehow integrated into Guardian technology / power and now we will see a new hybrid of Thargoid / Guardian. The weapon system itself was a mix of guardian tech and the use of a thargoid site. The Thargoids were impacted at first by the weapon and maybe some change occurred. And maybe guardian tech won't work because now its targeting semi 'guardians'. Would this new hybrid then reveal itself physically as half humanoid / thargoid creature we may face at conflict zones?. Afterall, was Salvation not tinkering with mixing Thargoid technology with modified humans or something to that effect?

Bit of a reach maybe, but given that Guardian relics now turn green, what could that represent or signify? "

It would be a really cool development for sure! and in practical terms it might allow for the devs to create an on foot variant with humanoid features.

Ya I was thinking along the same lines, I just posted this on another thread:

"Looking at the relic a thought crossed my mind. Does it signify that the Thargoids have somehow integrated into Guardian technology / power and now we will see a new hybrid of Thargoid / Guardian. The weapon system itself was a mix of guardian tech and the use of a thargoid site. The Thargoids were impacted at first by the weapon and maybe some change occurred. And maybe guardian tech won't work because now its targeting semi 'guardians'. Would this new hybrid then reveal itself physically as half humanoid / thargoid creature we may face at conflict zones?. Afterall, was Salvation not tinkering with mixing Thargoid technology with modified humans or something to that effect?

Bit of a reach maybe, but given that Guardian relics now turn green, what could that represent or signify? "

It would be a really cool development for sure! and in practical terms it might allow for the devs to create an on foot variant with humanoid features.
All those years of body snatching by the Thargoids... maybe they are breeding thargoid clones in human form to infiltrate us ala Cylons.

Perhaps we have already been infiltrated. Perhaps Salvation was one of 'them' and wrought their revenge in HIP 22460. It was slightly inconceivable that he was over a hundred years old, tech and all. Maybe he was our 'Baltar' and the fact that his ship was not found among the ruins is conclusive evidence that he colluded with the bugs all along and the let him get away.

did anyone of the cracks check the sound of the cutscene? I tried with Sonic Vizualizer, but to me nothing out of the ordinary popped up....

I am certain that within next one or two weeks some engineers going to have examine some of these new things that we can make and will answer that question.

...Has the Guardian AI infected the Thargoid ships?...
Interesting... The notion has come up before, as to whether Guardian artefacts could have AI that networks when you have a bunch of them in vicinity with one another, aggregating a more complex mind. Such an AI taking control over the just disabled Thargoids would indeed be a development... :7

Such an AI taking control over the just disabled Thargoids would indeed be a development... :7
Assuming that hadn't happened already.
Consider the thargoids (up until now) have been fairly indifferent to humans even after we unleashed mycoid on them, except carrying guardian cargo would turn them instantly hostile. Perhaps the guardian AI has been in charge all along (it would explain the neural-net-like arrangement of the thargoid structures and their signals) and it doesn't like being reminded of the savage race that it once had to exterminate.

I hope fdev gives us a rather grounded next step in the story. After Obsidian's remark about goid zombies I thought about Salvation being controlled by them. But that would be cheap writing: "the guy nobody has ever seen turns out to be a traitor... dam dam dam!!" - cheap twist.

Also, "It was the AI all along". It worked for System Shock, but then again: we had no personal, emotional involvement here, so that kind of betrayal won't shock anyone.

Guardian AI by accident and sheer presence of stuff re-initializing and then acting in ways favorable to the goids? Too many coincidences for my taste.

Also wouldn't explain how every Goid structure is now able to convert Guardian relics. "Guardian AI did that" would not satisfy me.

OTOH: Thargoids got their buts kicked multiple times and then started researching Salvation's technology to countermeasures seemsbplausible. They're a highly intelligent species after all.

This would also open up the possibility of Thargoids doing the HIP-thing in other systems with active goid structures quite naturally which in turn would put real pressure on us.

The goids in the Proteus Wave cinematic seemed to look & behave somewhat differently to me from previous encounters, including their hyperspace entry/exit. Given the disyptance between Col70/Pleiades and Coalsack, I think we’ve just seen the warlike Klaxians, as opposed to the previous (relatively benign) Oresrians.

The goids in the Proteus Wave cinematic seemed to look & behave somewhat differently to me from previous encounters, including their hyperspace entry/exit. Given the disyptance between Col70/Pleiades and Coalsack, I think we’ve just seen the warlike Klaxians, as opposed to the previous (relatively benign) Oresrians.
They also fired pew-pew lasers like some terrible B grade movie props when thargoids are well known to use cannons (specifically a form of multis). It seemed like whoever made that video was just given some basic footage and told to stitch it together without being very well informed about how thargoids actually behave, with the result being laughably poor.

The thargoids you encounter in the system still behave the same as always.

Top Bottom