Alien archaeology and other mysteries: Breaking News, Theories and Tinfoil Hattery

Hey guys. I've been frequenting the rabbit hole recently and just got back from a trip around the Col 70 Sector permit locks. Near the sub-region I found a SYNUEFE system with new Brain Tree locations, containing 60 bodies [SYNUEFE DR-T D4-24]. My research these days has been focused on the links between the Guardians & Thargoids, so I thought some of you may enjoy the video I made about the whole discovery. The Brain Trees had not been reported to Canonn so I made sure to do that. It's a very curious system so I hope others will go take a look and report what they might find! o7

Source: https://youtu.be/Usi8qUPFGkk

Heres a strange one for you all, look at the first footfall on the planet....a name that you can not take and could not take since before Horizons A few tried names such as this and it would not allow it)

1631651041582.png

Heres a strange one for you all, look at the first footfall on the planet....a name that you can not take and could not take since before Horizons A few tried names such as this and it would not allow it)

View attachment 262519
My gut tells me it's probably default text, replacing the name of a commander either removed, or having their name hit the censor and its just been changed to that instead of lots of stars.

My gut tells me it's probably default text, replacing the name of a commander either removed, or having their name hit the censor and its just been changed to that instead of lots of stars.
Maybe so however its a bit strange/Tinfoilery to use The Pilots Federation in terms or lore perspective

Maybe so however its a bit strange/Tinfoilery to use The Pilots Federation in terms or lore perspective
Not really, every player is a member - so, it was the Pilots Federation who discovered every planet and system. (In terms of those tags) Because they are only tagged by players.

So, is anyone doing any mysteries anymore? Science?
wipes the biscuit crumbs off from the crooked table
Sadly these days are gone. I remember the rush for planets in merope to find the base and it was superb :)

If we could find Thagroids on foot maybe people would get also excited for searching for clues or something. Cant say but maybe there is more to find in the universe of ED now

Yeah, there aren't many if any mysteries that haven't been sufficiently brute-forced such that there's almost certainly no solution in the game, until FD decide to add one.

Thanks, I was observing the same. Hence I had to dig out some old recording again and see if we've been missing something (it is my driver to actually play ED).
There are some "Transmissions" coming from the station towers, and they been there for many years.
IBj48iu.png

We don't know whether it's irrelevant now (Guard/Tharg) or it may be relevant to something else.

If anyone is interested in pitching in ideas I'm all open for input.
"Station Transmissions": https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/decoding-the-station-transmissions.599874/

Sadly these days are gone. I remember the rush for planets in merope to find the base and it was superb :)

If we could find Thagroids on foot maybe people would get also excited for searching for clues or something. Cant say but maybe there is more to find in the universe of ED now

Yeah, there aren't many if any mysteries that haven't been sufficiently brute-forced such that there's almost certainly no solution in the game, until FD decide to add one.

Hey all!

Looks like there might be some new behaviour of the Guardian obelisks that’s come with update 11. See:

I guessed the reason the glyphs changed to pictograms of the various artefacts, was that none of us got anywhere with the original designs, which looked much like this... Has anybody deternined whether these animated patterns are actually new, or if FDev has just accidently rolled back an iteration too many, in their efforts to fix the side effects of the new shaders that came with Odyssey (in this case the glyphs being just about impossible too see, in most lighting conditions (EDIT: Emissive textures were pretty much "dead" in general, at Odyssey launch))? :7
Are the glowy crack patterns on the ground at artefact spawn points back, too? :7

Last edited:
I guessed the reason the glyphs changed to pictograms of the various artefacts, was that none of us got anywhere with the original designs, which looked much like this... Has anybody deternined whether these animated patterns are actually new, or if FDev has just accidently rolled back an iteration too many, in their efforts to fix the side effects of the new shaders that came with Odyssey (in this case the glyphs being just about impossible too see, in most lighting conditions (EDIT: Emissive textures were pretty much "dead" in general, at Odyssey launch))? :7
Are the glowy crack patterns on the ground at artefact spawn points back, too? :7
I always took the change to pictograms to be to make things more accessible. Particularly as without them, there’d have been a long time spent fruitlessly on the ones that needed Thargoid stuff.

Top Bottom