Alien archeology and other mysteries: Thread 9 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I did test the UP just two days ago at the Zuara's position, and i indeed did still get knocked back (recorded - if needed), what was a bit different is that it did only knock back the scanning ship not any other in the vicinity (i had a friend scan it there too - both positioned less than 100m from the UP) - "selective EMP" so to speak

Hmm, I thought I'd tried a honk within 100m (if not yesterday, but certainly when I first noticed a lack of push). Will have to check again.

Hmm, I thought I'd tried a honk within 100m (if not yesterday, but certainly when I first noticed a lack of push). Will have to check again.

Im uploading the videos shortly, I forget to youtube 'em yesterday. Can confirm side on no push back, in front or behind defo pushback all tests within 50 ish metres. I was the only ship around.

I thought it was odd at the time because the old ones used to push everything locally then it occured to me that stuff has been discovered directionally (in line with where these artifacts point), so I tried from in front/ behind and it works. Also the effect looks very directional now, like a tube of force that ripples around the axis of the probes direction/pointing. It did not occur to me to check that they still point at the same things as they used to.

Last edited:

Looking at my recording again, I noticed that it's different from before in that it pushes you back straight, rather than turning you with the push. Also CMDR Ofan may have a point with the directional 'tweaking', i honestly didn't think of repositioning myself and trying to re-trigger the emp to see if i was still affected at a different angle.

Last edited:
Looking at my recording again, I noticed that it's different from before in that it pushes you back straight, rather than turning you with the push. Also CMDR Ofan may have a point with the directional 'tweaking', i honestly didn't think of repositioning myself and trying to re-trigger the emp to see if i was still affected at a different angle.

I'll add the second longer vid when it's done later. I have no idea which end is the front or the back btw of these things.
(There appears to be some pulsing from the front/back only visible to me when the sun is behind it during the transmission sequence I have never noticed before but I'm sure that's old news.)

1. Side on no push https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ude6sC8VZ6Q

2. Front/back = push https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9noDPntW82Q

3. Front/Back = push https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMV62o8lyKk

Last edited:
Thats just ambient music

I don't think it is. I heard it last time I had a UP, and I play with music off. It's the UP's equivalent of the "purrs" the UA gives out.

It also only happens when there's a UP out.

Doing my group's CG for the next week, so won't be able to go get a UP for a while and verify unfortunately.

Last edited:
i honestly didn't think of repositioning myself and trying to re-trigger the emp to see if i was still affected at a different angle.

Same goes. Perhaps I was in the wrong position on earlier occasions. *Maybe an attempt by FD to stop people speculating about it pointing away from Merope... :D

* just seen Ofan's second post about it, so both ends.

Last edited:
Same goes. Perhaps I was in the wrong position on earlier occasions. *Maybe an attempt by FD to stop people speculating about it pointing away from Merope... :D

* just seen Ofan's second post about it, so both ends.

I can't immediately see the reason for the change, you would have to assume something pretty specfic like that has to have an in-game reason behind it, right? The probes have changed in other ways, they don't appear as anomalies any more as well as the slight behavioural change and I'm sure I never saw those pulses previously during the knock-back/transmission, the spectrogram looks the same. Go figure, maybe it's just FD upgrading the prettiness lol.

Last edited:
Do we know if the Ram Tah mission is ACTUALLY bugged, concerning the Tech 06 issue, or have we just not found it yet?

I'm roaming around with a 100mil mission on board. If it's bugged then I may as well cash it in before I lose it, 'cos I can't see FD fixing it b4 the next major update.

I'm at 91 and wondering same...

2nd Threat 0 Distress Call reported in Maia, this time on PC!
err credit goes to Cmdr Harry Potter .........

few pics at the scene taken by Jonuss

gGSnUXq.png
nNGt2RJ.png
KWMMXq5.png

Should be a video to post at some point

Last edited:
2nd Threat 0 Distress Call reported in Maia, this time on PC!
err credit goes to Cmdr Harry Potter .........

few pics at the scene taken by Jonuss

http://i.imgur.com/gGSnUXq.png
http://i.imgur.com/nNGt2RJ.png
http://i.imgur.com/KWMMXq5.png

Should be a video to post at some point

Glad to se one on PC. Stil not found one my self.

Found this though.
Screenshot_0014.jpg

My very own tourist beacon in Merope. Text and heading is snipped directly from a Galnet post I wrote.

I feel part of the alien lore now. :D

Last edited:
If anyone want to know about the end of salomes message "Fibonacci’s Zephyrum" i suggest you look up the book Anatomy of Life and go the page titled "The History of Zero". Im currently in the sol system checking out where i personally think salome was headed or one of the places on her mind from the theory from reading this index.

Spent part of the day mentally re-running through events over events (recent and old) and thinking about the significance of the last 48 hours. In addition to things like the Rift and UA/UP type mysteries I've always been very interested in all the kickstarter books. I re-ran through them all (at least mentally) today and they mostly have one common them, somebody who is trying to make humanity stronger to meet a coming threat. The one story that actually involved Thargoid's had the antagonist fleeing in the direction the Pleiades at the end.

The final culmination of Salome's story is confirmation, or at least a stated opinion, that the major powers only appear to be against one another as a smoke screen to justify a military build up without terrifying the 100's of billions of inhabitants. If everybody runs into panic mode engineering, construction and science would grind to a halt. It does make some sense if they're aware of such a massive threat.

Given the maneuvering that's arranged to put several large ships in Merope with surprisingly little escalation, coupled with some new USS findings in Maia it seems to me that both the Feds and Empire are positioning their ships for an initial event in Merope and/or running from Maia. At a guess I'd say things are likely to heat up in Merope in the coming weeks or months. Think I'll head back there and see what there is to see.

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom