Alien archeology and other mysteries: Thread 9 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Spent part of the day mentally re-running through events over events (recent and old) and thinking about the significance of the last 48 hours. In addition to things like the Rift and UA/UP type mysteries I've always been very interested in all the kickstarter books. I re-ran through them all (at least mentally) today and they mostly have one common them, somebody who is trying to make humanity stronger to meet a coming threat. The one story that actually involved Thargoid's had the antagonist fleeing in the direction the Pleiades at the end.

The final culmination of Salome's story is confirmation, or at least a stated opinion, that the major powers only appear to be against one another as a smoke screen to justify a military build up without terrifying the 100's of billions of inhabitants. If everybody runs into panic mode engineering, construction and science would grind to a halt. It does make some sense if they're aware of such a massive threat.

Given the maneuvering that's arranged to put several large ships in Merope with surprisingly little escalation, coupled with some new USS findings in Maia it seems to me that both the Feds and Empire are positioning their ships for an initial event in Merope and/or running from Maia. At a guess I'd say things are likely to heat up in Merope in the coming weeks or months. Think I'll head back there and see what there is to see.

I'd be quite disappointed if the Feds and Imps are secretly on the same side. I would make the game world that much more flat and black and white, EG Humans vs Aliens. That would be very tired and boring. I'd be perfectly happy with the idea that a hidden group is pulling the strings to push them into conflict for the same end result, but still have all the varied Human organisations and powers be genuinely competing and often hostile to one another.

I'd be quite disappointed if the Feds and Imps are secretly on the same side. I would make the game world that much more flat and black and white, EG Humans vs Aliens. That would be very tired and boring.

Agreed.

I'd be perfectly happy with the idea that a hidden group is pulling the strings to push them into conflict for the same end result, but still have all the varied Human organisations and powers be genuinely competing and often hostile to one another.

I suspect that's more or less what will happen (or it's all a bunch of malarkey). At a behind the scenes level they're posturing chess pieces, to boots on the ground it looks like typical Fed vs Alliance fighting. Guess we'll just have to see how it plays out.

We found a crashed Type 9. It looks like it hit the ground pretty hard, wreckage is strewn for a fair distance behind and includes the usual mix of Brewer Corp and Caine-Massey boxes and crates that we find in no way suspicious here at Canonn.

http://i.imgur.com/UNex4qA.jpg

The initial recon discovered an Unstable Data Core, which was scoopable, but gave no additional information.

http://i.imgur.com/wn1Qds6.jpg

This has been bugging me, the entire thing seemed familiar, and I just figured it out.

It's an identical copy of a crash site used way back in the Horizons Beta for a "Horizons-only CG test" - in that, there was a CG posted to find the Unstable Data Core and bring it back to the CG system and turn it in.

So, assuming this isn't bugged and supposed to generate an Inbox-mission on scoop, we're looking for a Galnet article or system-specific CG, that calls for the Data Core.

Colonia and Neche seem the obvious places to start.

This has been bugging me, the entire thing seemed familiar, and I just figured it out.

It's an identical copy of a crash site used way back in the Horizons Beta for a "Horizons-only CG test" - in that, there was a CG posted to find the Unstable Data Core and bring it back to the CG system and turn it in.

So, assuming this isn't bugged and supposed to generate an Inbox-mission on scoop, we're looking for a Galnet article or system-specific CG, that calls for the Data Core.

Colonia and Neche seem the obvious places to start.

Perhaps you should ask Commander Hyford himself?

Where about in Maia was this please? I've been looking and have had just about every kind of USS other than Distress signal!

As I understand Harry P was there most of the day hunting players probably, so he got eventually lucky with a distress call. The one on xbox was right up next to the main star. I tried for two, three hours yesterday but no luck, so moved on to other things :)

Clearly those ships did that to themselves.

It's a known issue with ships. Blue-green algae accumulates in dirty coolant systems, clogging filters. The coolant can't flow properly causing the ship to overheat.

That's why the ships are on fire, with a greenish tinge to the damage and the opaque greenish cloud around it. The ships have overheated and "boiled" the algae off into space. The steam evaporates leaving a "cloud" of algae around it.

True story!

As I understand Harry P was there most of the day hunting players probably, so he got eventually lucky with a distress call. The one on xbox was right up next to the main star. I tried for two, three hours yesterday but no luck, so moved on to other things :)

Thankyou for the reply. Alas hunting players isn't my thing! I've covered the whole system and been around Maia A until I've gone dizzy. It's frustrating as this is the sort of content I've been waiting for. I'll give it another try today and then like you move on. I'm a frequent visitor to the Pleiades, so hopefully I'll get lucky soon! [smile]

It's a known issue with ships. Blue-green algae accumulates in dirty coolant systems, clogging filters. The coolant can't flow properly causing the ship to overheat.

That's why the ships are on fire, with a greenish tinge to the damage and the opaque greenish cloud around it. The ships have overheated and "boiled" the algae off into space. The steam evaporates leaving a "cloud" of algae around it.

True story!

You will be blaming weather balloons next...:)

Well Commander Hyford is a real commander. He is on my friends list (and I have met him RL).

Indeed I am real. I have no knowledge of the messages mentioned. I have never, nor ever, will be involved in smuggling people for any experiments. My trip to Colonia in January was purely a sight seeing one and was not because I needed to hide out far away from the bubble to avoid mercenary scum (you know who you are).

These signals must have been planted to discredit me.

If I did know anything about this its more than my life is worth to let anyone know. Especially on an open forum.

Last edited:
#lifeafter

C-u7ReVXcAA_TJH.jpg:large

C-vAIMnWsAI0pH8.jpg:large

C-vFcDzXcAERWwV.jpg:large

Hyped!

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom