Alien archeology and other mysteries: Thread 9 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I compared the image. Perhaps this pattern of stars will help. These stars appear simultaneously with the Barnacle. They are in the sky above the Barnacle, but they are not in the sky before. We know Barnacle above which is a sky? Or is it a new Barnacle? One more question. This fallen satellite find? When there is a flash, different PROBE transmit different image or always the same?
Update. I corrected a few stars.
Cp3Cpzf.jpg

QvvUBJi.jpg

v78Dd9k.jpg

ECy2dvN.jpg

Last edited:
  • Like (+1)
Reactions: BDC
There is a rotating clock device under the Ruins? What?!?! Why did I not know this?

Because it is most likely irrelevant. We shouldn't treat clues found by clipping the dev cam in the ground very seriously.

I saw a video of it in this thread, I thought it was on the front page but now after looking for it I don’t see it, must have been somewhere else in this huge thread, lol. I did use my debug camera to see it in person, it’s definitely not “meant” to be seen but is some timing tool used by the devs for something. It could just be for the obelisk rotations though, hadn’t seen that mentioned before.

Maybe I’ll just ponder this one to myself, as an amateur game dev myself I’m really just curious what the coders are doing with it and how it works.

Maybe I’ll just ponder this one to myself, as an amateur game dev myself I’m really just curious what the coders are doing with it and how it works.

The beacons rotate as they rise, so the clock might act as a marker to ensure they rotate and stop rotating correctly.

In other words the beacons have a pre-defined orientation, and if so, a specific in-game purpose other than just being there to look pretty.

Good afternoon. Please forgive me for my English. But approaching the wreckage of an alien spaceship ( HIP 17862 6 a c ), I found the wreckage of the earth ship, Anaconda ( 23,0293 : - 90,6527 ). Lying around the containers. Now, in the remains of the alien ship are the remains of human scarab. Isn't there a connection. Your photographs of the remnants of the scarab there.

Found there a chrashed ship and next to it a landed security ship as well. After relog it was gone, so it was just a random spawn and not related to the wreckage.

Aaaand how many beacons we need if we know time when signal received?

( As I understand it, beacons transmits signals (*2) , but we want to receive a signal on at least 3 receivers that is very far from each other )

We can only know the time when we receive the signal on each position. So you mean you get identical signals but with different timestamps on each position, that we know has the same origin based on how the signal looks like ( *1) . Then we only need 3 to know that the signal is from one of two possible locations.

However, if the distance to said signal is extremely far off, the gravitational field in the universe would have distorted the signal so much that we can not tell anymore if it is of the same origin and would also get a slight variation in time, which makes location very unsure. Then we start talking about the location as a sphere of interest, rather a specific location.

In this situation, I think FD has the location in the range 0 - 100000 ly, which means it will be fairly accurate. Also, if one of the two possible locations is way outside of our galaxy, and the other one is inside, we would assume that the inside one is of more interest to start with.

So the answer is 3 if we know the time difference between the timestamps of when the signal was received at those three positions. We need to assume that the three positions, as described as named Systems, have not moved at all since the original transcript/message, which we deduced from the ancient artefacts, was made ( complex sentence, I know... sorry ).

Since the three systems actually are moving around over time, we need the time when the message was constructed, or the time it meant where the triangulation is supposed to take place. Timing is everything.
I assume FD made it simple, and just ignored the time factor. Meaning we can assume that the three positions, or the source we seek, have not changed in position relative each other.

And that assumes that we are supposed to do this kind of approach at all.

Assumption is the mother of all f-ups. ( - = uck )

-

So, I propose that since everything is moving around in the universe over time, we are not looking for a mathematical solution for a location, but instead, several hidden clues to the position, that does not change much over millions of years. The time aspect is important here. Exactly how ancient are the ruins? Hours..... Thousands of days ... millions of months... or BILLION sol-years old?

The lack of atmosphere at the ruin site does not necessarily mean it was always without one. A geologist should be able to figure out if there was artificial violence, weathering or just micrometeorites that did the obvious "ancient" look to the site.
All these factor in to deduce how old the ruins really are. If we know that the ruins tells us the positions of actual named systems, we can deduce by approximation how far back that unique stellar pattern did align. But, I do not believe that FD actually provide time mechanics for the entire galaxy on stellar level ( but I have been surprised before ).

We could also ask ourselves: What exactly are we supposed to be looking for? An interstellar source? Who said anything about that? Maybe we are just puzzling a grocery list for all I know.

What are we doing here?

Speculation:
It is more likely that the ruins are a lock mechanism, which when operated correctly reveal more information. The cryptic stuff we are finding have a purpose. We just need to take a step back and ask ourselves: What would FD have done for us here? ( And not what actual aliens would have done, because it is a very different thing indeed. ). This is just a game, not reality ( ... 2.3 maybe :) )

*1 - What signal? Did we find a signal or a signal description anywhere?
*2 - E.T. phone home? Do we activate the phone?

Last edited:
I don't know if it has been suggested, but when I saw the alien wreckage, I immediately thought the central part was very similar to a human eye, which would suggest that the wreckage is maybe sort of biological rather than mechanical:

71LN3rt.png

*1 - What signal? Did we find a signal or a signal description anywhere?

There has been some mixing of subjects here Arch. 'Triangulation of beacon signals' is with regard to the nonogram puzzle rather than the Alien site, which thankfully doesn't require 4d plotting :)

Last edited:
There has been some mixing of subjects here Arch. 'Triangulation of beacon signals' is with regard to the nonogram puzzle rather than the Alien site, which thankfully doesn't require 4d plotting :)

I figured, while I was typing that. Back to the drawing board!

Forgive me if this has been addressed already.

Has FD verified or said anything about the unsolvable bottom part of the nonogram in regards to it being part of the clue or just static? Or has it been deciphered? It seems to me to be the most likely "missing part" of that mystery. I tried seven ways to Sunday to get it to make sense. I'd really like to know if I'm just wasting my time.

FD??? Care to comment??

PS- This thread alone is keeping me interested in the game. You guys are awesome.

I don't know if it has been suggested, but when I saw the alien wreckage, I immediately thought the central part was very similar to a human eye, which would suggest that the wreckage is maybe sort of biological rather than mechanical:

http://i.imgur.com/71LN3rt.png

Another way to look at it is that an 'iris' mechanism is efficient for certain things. It could still be purely mechanical, albeit with a similar mechanical purpose to the muscles of the human eye.

I saw a video of it in this thread, I thought it was on the front page but now after looking for it I don’t see it, must have been somewhere else in this huge thread, lol. I did use my debug camera to see it in person, it’s definitely not “meant” to be seen but is some timing tool used by the devs for something. It could just be for the obelisk rotations though, hadn’t seen that mentioned before.

This may have something to do with the puzzle, potentially, relying on a physical, or chonological alignment.

It has been theorised that a sunrise/sunset may trigger something, but we need to find the key the unlocks that particular door.

Possibly the obelisks and artefacts.
Everything at the site, that can be interacted with, is there for a reason.

Hi all
Found that at 46.28 / -31.27 (in the mountain)
Wasn't a POI.
I searched the north to south east circle side, approx 5-7 km far, the big mountain to the south canyons.
Will do deeper exploration of the canyons today

Fantastic! And excellent to see that I am not the only one still searching for shaft 48. Please add me in-game if you - or anyone else who is interested (Mengy?) - want to team up for the search.

Yeah, this has been on my mind regarding the ruins too. We have to think about this realistically, and even from a game developer frame of reference. We know there isn’t anything “under” the surface of these ruins just waiting to “open up” or anything, the only thing under it is a strange hidden clock thing doing God knows what. And truthfully programming some light show into the game reliant on very intensive game logic dependent on a whole lot of variables might not be probable from a coding point of view, so making the ruins do something based on stars outside of the planet instance sounds unlikely to me from a dev viewpoint.

That's true, but who says they're going through the complicated process of relying on an out-of-instance light source to make some change to the site using light rays? For all we know, they could have said, "Okay, the sun would be in this position at (let's just say) 15:46:14 game time. Let's just have the game emit a signal at that exact time." Seems pretty simple to me. Maybe that strange rotating clock thing under the surface is keeping track of that time, who knows. Heck, using that system, they could even modify the color of a beam laser to make it more yellow like the sun's rays and have it connect the relics with simple lines. It'd give the illusion of some complicated physics and reflections, when in reality it's just simple features that are already in the game.

Last edited:
So with the 2nd crash site and its Unknown artifacts.
This raises a few questions to me , was it going to Meropes UA shell to place UA's or
was it going from Merope and home with a load of UA's

If it's not there to place Ua's was it the UA's that caused it to crash like it do to us
eating up our subsystems since it did not have cargo racks from Pailin wich is UA
resistant, and where was it going to take the UA's ?

If it was there to place them and is UA resistant and had a cargo hold of UA's
what brought it down and where did it come from.

Why is there an crashed Srv there , was it a human ship that brought it down and
the srv owner died after trying to examine it? why is there no reports of who's
srv and what human ship that shot this alien ship down then?.

Just some of the questions i have in my head while i play wearing my Tinfoil hat.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom