Alien archeology and other mysteries: Thread 9 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Is a lot of space to cover but at least i have almost the correct perspective.

2H8P44N.jpg

Having spent a few hours slowly travelling across the surface of the planet, at mostly sub 300m I have a few observations.

- With low G and what looks like a very uneven surface at the small scale, this world looks like a to drive on (did not land to see)
- VR would have helped a lot in scanning the wider area quickly without risking face planing the ground
- This might not be a fixed location, but rather one example of a new type of very rare POI (eg random spawn). In that scenario we might all be looking for something that is not necessarily there
- I need more tea

Last edited:
I just arrived in the system. Probably best that we form a systematic search party and skim the surface a few degrees each :D :p

Systematic is very adult and sensible.

It can wait until the morning.

Tonight we employ the strategy of rushing round like excited puppies!!! :D

I'm scouring longitude 20' at 1500m altitude. Remeber to go into amd catalyst or nvidia control panel and set your anisotropy to 16x and fly inverted if your cockpit visibility is limited.

Last edited:
Of note.. Id like to point out that I'm one of the resident skeptics around here. I will constantly poke holes in people's theories. Not to discourage but to encourage you to pay attention to why NOT as much as why. Too many theories have gone off the deep end because people found something that might be a lead and then ran with it without paying attention to all of the facts. This does not mean that you should not search. Far from it. Search. But pay attention to all of your data. It only takes one hole to sink a boat.
From one skeptic to another, you are not doing your job all that well.

The alignment of Pleiades, Andromeda, and the stars is exact. The resemblance of the moon to the one in the trailer is striking. The craters and canyons line up.
This IS the system used in the trailer.

This live stream explains how the procedural generation works, and how each planet would be unique. So your "argument" about how we just so happened to stumble across an identical planet is just wrong.

Now, is it possible that Frontier knew that someone would do what I did to find the planet and system? If so, did they remove those ruins so people wouldn't find them to soon? Possibly. But you didn't say that.
No, you were going on about how the moons tidal locking was wrong, therefore it was the wrong system.

Arguendo

Volunteer Moderator
Good thinking. Hopefully with the release of 2.2 things start getting very interesting.
Eh, these are comments about the release of 2.2 :(

So if anyone built anything on this barren planet logically I would think they built it somewhere where they lived or a location that holds some sort of geographic or astrological significance. Been checking out all the big craters but all I keep finding is big crater with mountain in the center.
Now, why would someone choose to live in, or next to a crater? We don't know if the crater appeared before or after the ruins were created, and either way I don't see a logical reason for anyone to live inside one. Depending on what type of settlement it was, it could be on the plains, in a valley, in a crater, or on the top of a peak. Anywhere on the planet is as good a quess as any.

u can use mty location to get closer if need be. im trying to find it as well and im wery close :)
If the planet is tidally locked to the Galaxy, yes then you are close. I seriously doubt it is though, so you could be right on top of it, or it could be on the other side of the planet.

The alignment of Pleiades, Andromeda, and the stars is exact. The resemblance of the moon to the one in the trailer is striking. The craters and canyons line up.

This live stream explains how the procedural generation works, and how each planet would be unique. So your "argument" about how we just so happened to stumble across an identical planet is just wrong.

Now, is it possible that Frontier knew that someone would do what I did to find the planet and system? If so, did they remove those ruins so people wouldn't find them to soon? Possibly. But you didn't say that.
No, you were going on about how the moons tidal locking was wrong, therefore it was the wrong system.

I agree.
The Place is 99% the set where they recorded the trailer. However we don't know if they "dismantled" it after the shot. Like in a movie. ;)
Either ways, we need to scour the planet. That's sure.

Eh, these are comments about the release of 2.2 :(

Now, why would someone choose to live in, or next to a crater? We don't know if the crater appeared before or after the ruins were created, and either way I don't see a logical reason for anyone to live inside one. Depending on what type of settlement it was, it could be on the plains, in a valley, in a crater, or on the top of a peak. Anywhere on the planet is as good a quess as any.

If the planet is tidally locked to the Galaxy, yes then you are close. I seriously doubt it is though, so you could be right on top of it, or it could be on the other side of the planet.

And this is why im flying around the planet aroun 0 10 around the planet
so that way ill be across the whole line , the planet is not Tidally locked , the moon is , so thats the main problem , but with the % chance of a POTATO planet with the exact markings as in the Trailer in 400billion star systems all with planets etc , its so insane so this is most likely the place, allso it has a ringed brown dwarf etc all the things we seen in the trailer.

Sorry about my bad spelling and such its not my main language .

Keep in mind we only had a single line to search for the thargoid crash (-26 latitude or something). All commanders converged on that line and found it in under an hour. Here we have a few hundred, each one taking several hours to complete. There has to be some coordination. Pick a longitude, set your heading north or south, record it here for us, and get searching.

Last edited:

-sigh- Everyone is missing the point. All I did, and the others who said something, was point out that the moon is tidally locked so it MAY not be the right one. Keep searching. Have at it. I even planned on going and having a look at it myself. My main point in all of this has mostly been that none of the trailers have lead us to anything by dissecting and triangulating positions. We have done this before. Not to say that they didnt decide to use a real spot this time. I just find it unlikely. Prove me wrong.

Last edited:
Great work Cmdr! Hopefully this means we have the right planet and either haven't found the ruins yet - or something has to be done to activate them.

I hope it's not the case that it's a flaw in the planetary PG and lots of planets have similar craters!

~1,000km radius
If you could calculate the circumfrance and average pilot speed of 300m/s we could establish a time commitment for each Cmdr willing to help.
Should we set up another thread to coordinate the search?

Last edited:
I agree.
The Place is 99% the set where they recorded the trailer. However we don't know if they "dismantled" it after the shot. Like in a movie. ;)
Call it what you want, but I know frontier is well aware that we analyze trailers frame by frame(they joked about it on the stream). I think they left Pleiades and Andromeda in the shot intentionally so we would find it.
If not, then they should at least do us the courtesy of telling us otherwise.

I agree.

So you guys are searching for an interstellar art department? Might I suggest getting some walkie talkies? You may get yelled at by the camera or G&E guys for being on the wrong channel but that just means you're close to the new set.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom