Alien archeology and other mysteries: Thread 9 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
according to my copilot rumors are that Thargoids are from the edge of the galaxy
unknown.png

I have a strong feeling that this circular hill is a LANDING PAD for some "Ancient Ship"...

MMvKIwk.png

EDIT:

I've missed your post! So I agree with it! :D

My theory is this is a very large landing pad of sorts.

The outer wall buttresses have an internal latch / locking mechanism very similar to a clamp that something would slide in and be locked down

The triangles dotted around with the metal roadways are a sort of Scart style 'male' input that when whatever it is lands connects and uploads 'whatever'.

Hey it's a wild theory but the buttresses dotted about both on the wall and internally look like large clamps with a hinged internal part.

I also doubt the site will yield anything further other than being a link to something else. What we have physically found is it!

Last edited:
I haven't been to the beacons to get the source code, but could you clear something up for us?...

Are the line breaks in the transmissions, or are they added from posting on here?

As far as I understood from the original post, they are just added from posting.

For Thargoids' sake, man. Get out of Open to do these things. What is it that makes you desperately cling to the notion that Open is where you need to be???

Cheerz

Lol!. Well, where else would I be able to witness the pyrotechnic spectacle that is my ship being blown up by a huge plasma accelerator round? From the SRV it does look pretty epic. Also - before I got blown up - I did get to meet a load of really cool CMDRs. :)

This is a very good observation, i think you might be on to something, the landed ships could also be supplying materials if this is a large reactor of some type.

Also the end product could be the "reactor core" Crystal that is raised up into the ship or ships that are landed, it makes sense.

Ok a couple of things, the thargoids come from the edge of the galaxy, so its actually the formidine rift, the oppostie outer galactic arm, those hard to each systems and beagle point we should be watching for scout ships. that combined with what salome found in deep space. Time to head to the outer rim ( similiar as starwars), what we might need is a large scale early watch on the rim worlds.

Now as far as MB and step 2, we are ready

Just wanted to pipe up and give my respects to xdeath and the group. If it was not for you guys I would have never found this! Hats off to you all for the hard work and the science.

That said I would love it if there were some pure ingame way to solve things like this.

That said, at first I had trouble finding the site - even though I had the coordinates (yeah, sad I know).

Anyway, keep on, if I can contribute anything valuable I will, in the meantime I will lurk, read, rep and enjoy :)

I have a strong feeling that this circular hill is a LANDING PAD for some "Ancient Ship"...

http://i.imgur.com/MMvKIwk.png

Have to admit that my first thought was that the site was probably the alien equivalent of one of our (human) planet-side settlements. There are buried landing pads, control and storage structures. The layout might have no special significance outside of alien aesthetics.

The big questions are: who built this stuff, and more importantly, why did they seemingly abandon it all?

I did wonder if something could be done by shooting the 3 pillars at each obelisk, leaving the relic in place but free-floating (they seem to bob once freed) and then something could be done to activate them (ship honk? simultaneous scan of all 4 obelisks at once?) We have tried simultaneous scans of them, but not when the relics were freed of the pillars.

(to be henceforth known as crazy theory #233218)
I am at work and cannot play - i suggested 2 times to do exactly this - got no reply. Shooting the pillars is possible with ship laser without disturbing the relics (what happens if you shoot them with cannons or the SRV). It keeps in place. What happens if someone does this for 4 obelisks? I am quite sure this is necesarry to activate the obelisks.

After this we have to see. Maybe something happens instantaneously? Laser beams between the relics? Or something changes in the patterns? Or you have to active an obelisk by SRV? Only one of them? All 4? Special order? Have to place something somewhere?

I registered that the base of the obelisks is covered with darker stone that can be shot away. Maybe this is necessary too (e.g. to enable the obelisks to spin?).

Many things to try - and i have to work and cannot play...

Please commanders - try this way and give feedback. It really should have a reason why the pillars are distinct objects.

Maybe after exposing the relics something can be done at the triangles?

Ciao, Udo

Hah! Last night I landed exactly there facing in the same direction also in an Asp Explorer with the same paintjob. If anyone is out there watching, they must be wondering what the heck we're up to...

I hope THEY are not taking note of the license plates then... so that THEY will come to get you, not me, for the mess I left there.

who?
Wasn't me. :D

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom