All alerts cleared at Mealstrom Oya - tissue samples are the way to go

Basically, the builds for "hunters and gatherers" in alarm systems should be built without Guardian modules and Guardian weapons.
I'm terrible at combat, so I've not been participating in it, but this jumps out at me. I'm wondering if we've been led to follow the trope of a benevolent precursor species that left us the tools to win, and we've ignored the obvious point that the Guardians were wiped out by the Thargoids, so maybe they're not a good model to follow.

Guardians were wiped out by the Thargoids,
I don’t know who told you that, but it’s nonsense. The Guardians won the war against the Thargoids and were subsequently wiped out by their own AI, after a civil war convinced the Constructs that the galaxy was better off without their creators.

Though perhaps we should still try, or have tried, to talk instead of throwing rocks immediately.

I don’t know who told you that, but it’s nonsense. The Guardians won the war against the Thargoids and were subsequently wiped out by their own AI, after a civil war convinced the Constructs that the galaxy was better off without their creators.
I stand corrected. It's been a while since I've looked at the details.
Though perhaps we should still try, or have tried, to talk instead of throwing rocks immediately.
One of my frustrations with the way this has all gone is that I've seen plenty of evidence that players have tried to find a way to communicate with the Thargoids, but that doesn't seem to be an option for players. Maybe it is for Seo Jin-ae, but that sounds like a Deus Ex Machina, not a choice the players can really make.

Anyway, I'm off on a tangent. Sorry about that.

players have tried to find a way to communicate with the Thargoids, but that doesn't seem to be an option for players.
Our means to ‘communicate’ in ED have been limited to donating items which is a rather crude form of it. And since the technology, or rather information, necessary to communicate properly is either nonexistent or has never been developed/gathered, we’d require individuals like Seo(in the assumption that more like her exist - my own RP certainly isn’t canon…) to have any chance of doing so in the short-term.

But yes, that’s not the subject of this thread.

Well, you all have fun with that. I'm out. Pressing us to the most boring game mechanic to make progress is just not my thing.
Glad someone found a way to make some progress but, it is dull as dishwater. Log out and log in, wait a lot and do nothing. These aren't game mechanics. Its akin to clipping through the world to reach unreachable spots.

Our means to ‘communicate’ in ED have been limited to donating items which is a rather crude form of it. And since the technology, or rather information, necessary to communicate properly is either nonexistent or has never been developed/gathered, we’d require individuals like Seo(in the assumption that more like her exist - my own RP certainly isn’t canon…) to have any chance of doing so in the short-term.

But yes, that’s not the subject of this thread.
Did we try miming? That would seem to fit the game play decisions made by FD as of late. Offer one emote per hour on the hour. Find the right combo of emotes. One to match each petal.

Did we try miming? That would seem to fit the game play decisions made by FD as of late. Offer one emote per hour on the hour. Find the right combo of emotes. One to match each petal.
I have yet to try pointing at an interceptor to see if it responds, ignores the gesture, or gets offended by it.

Top Bottom