Ships All pre-engineered 5A FSD V1s are not the same

A few weeks ago I got the engineered 5A FSD V1.
It's fantastic giving around 3ly more than 5A FSD increased range 5 + mass manager, and the faster boot time - well I don't really notice that.
But all 5A FSD V1s are not the same.
I've seen a number of people post coriolis links for exploration ship builds where the 5A FSD V1 has optimal mass set at 1856.
My 5A FSD V1 has optimal mas 1785 which is better than standard range 5 + mass manager 1693, but not as good as what some people have.

Did FDev nerf the quality of the FSD V1 at some point?
I feel a tiny bit cheated....

Actually they are the same. The difference is the impact of Mass Manager.

FSD options.png

I know I am a little late to the party, but as I wasn't around when this was posted...

I take it you get to choose which upgrades you want at the broker?
I have seen the broker, today, but as this game has the tendency to present you a pig in a poke...
Fit the Engineered FSD V1 to your ship, fly to Elvira or Felicity and they can add the mass manager effect for you. The game prevents any engineering on preengineered FSDs except for adding an experimental effect, so you cannot damage it. You need to click on one of the rows of tick icons under the Increased Range heading for the add experimental effect button to get enabled.
I guess you found some electrochemical arrays today 🙂

Not yet. Tried to make some credits and take a look at the closest traders but forgot to trade with them... 😅 Life kept happening. 🤷‍♂️
Is it only the mass manager effect I can add or can I also use one of the other experimentals?
You can apply any one experimental, but Mass Manager is the one that will give you the best jump range. Note that the experimental effect Faster Boot Sequence is already included in this pre / "double" engineered FSD. If you intended to fit this to an Imperial Clipper, there is some merit in adding the thermal spread effect as that ship overheats rather easily when jumping away from the surface of higher G planets.
I would still recommend Mass Manager, though.

You can apply any one experimental, but Mass Manager is the one that will give you the best jump range. Note that the experimental effect Faster Boot Sequence is already included in this pre / "double" engineered FSD. If you intended to fit this to an Imperial Clipper, there is some merit in adding the thermal spread effect as that ship overheats rather easily when jumping away from the surface of higher G planets.
I would still recommend Mass Manager, though.
Good to know. Thanks.
Could also be helpful for a Dropship, I guess. Had some thermal issues during shakedown.

Courier duties sometimes require you to jump to your next destination way earlier than you would like. Had a toasty moment today in my AspX when I jumped away from an interdiction in quite close proximity to the sun... 🔥🥵🔥
And I guess deliveries aren't that much better in regard to interdictions...

Faster boot sequence is exactly that. It does not make the jump sequence faster, the FSD just recovers from a shut-down state faster (boots up), so it won't let you jump way earlier than you would like, unless of course you're running with the FSD shut off. Then, yeah.

Faster boot sequence is exactly that. It does not make the jump sequence faster, the FSD just recovers from a shut-down state faster (boots up), so it won't let you jump way earlier than you would like, unless of course you're running with the FSD shut off. Then, yeah.
The faster boot sequence is related to the FSD reboot after a jump or supercruise. In this case, instead of 10 seconds, the FSD is online again after 2 seconds.

Top Bottom