Allow fleet carriers to refuel from stars

Buying tritium at quantity at a station with large pads (if you can find one) and making trip after trip after trip to fuel an FC is tedious enough, but I can only use half of what I put aboard my ship or I strand myself until I can spend dozens of hours mining tritium out in the black. Why not let an FC refuel from the star it is orbiting, perhaps taking 24 hours or so to fully fill the fuel tank or, alternately, allow for a special kind of fuel scoop that can be fitted to a ship allowing a ship to scoop tritium that can then be transferred to the carrier?

Why not let an FC refuel from the star it is orbiting, perhaps taking 24 hours or so to fully fill the fuel tank
24 hours to fully fuel, you can do between 7 and 14 jumps on a full tank depending on what else you're carrying ... so as long as you play 3 hours per day or less (and you can play a lot more than that if you aren't moving your carrier at full speed, or have a fairly lightweight one), you never need to fuel your carrier under that proposal.

At that point they might as well just remove Tritium entirely and increase the credit cost per jump instead - why not just ask for that directly?

I recently took a journey on a carrier out to the black to do some more exploring. On the way we stopped a few times to mine for fuel.
I managed to mine 512t of Tritium in about an hour.

It's not that difficult or time consuming.

Top Bottom