Allow option for pilots to transfer OFF a carrier sitting in desolate space.

If a carrier, with no plans to decommission, parks in a desolate area for an indefinite time, where it is impossible for a pilot to jump out of, those pilots essentially held captive by the carrier captain.

There needs to be an option for pilots to be able to transfer off a carrier to nearest base.

1592981826075.png

More seriously, I think there has to be personal responsibility at some point.

You can launch, self-destruct, and take the "Sidewinder back in the Bubble" option. You can then transfer-off any other ships you had on the Carrier.

Of course, you'd lose the ship you self-destructed in. If the Carrier sells ships, you could buy a stock ship and self-destruct in that.

If it doesn't, but it has a shipyard, you can launch in your most expendable ship (even if you first have to transfer it to the Carrier). It's probably a good idea to have a designated "most expendable ship", reasonably cheap and with no engineering, therefore completely replaceable with credits. I have an Imperial Eagle for this, with Enhanced Performance Thrusters, boosts over 600m/s without engineering.

If you're in a ship you don't want to lose, and the Carrier has no shipyard, then I think you're stuffed. You are probably also stuffed if it had a shipyard but the Carrier owner suspended that service.

OP, where are you? No promises, but if I can get there and back on 2K tonnes of tritium, I might be willing come get you and anyone else that may be stranded there.

there really should be and option maybe as you come online letting you know that the FC has jumped and giving you the option to be transported to a nearby station if you don't actually want the ride.

there really should be and option maybe as you come online letting you know that the FC has jumped and giving you the option to be transported to a nearby station if you don't actually want the ride.

Why? You parked it there, you left it there, FC's move all the time.

All you needed to do was undock, fly a dew hundred LS away and log off, it takes, literally, seconds to undock from a FC.

Yep, definitely a bad idea to log off while still docked to a carrier you don't/trust know the owner of. I sold some Tritium to a carrier then needed to stop playing. I launched and flew off a few km. The next day when I logged on, the FC was gone, I know not where, but I was where I expected to be.
Still curious where OP is.

A lesson learned in the beta. A lot of people were talking about this very possibility. Jump to one of the 100Ly from anything systems and just abandon the FC there for a few weeks. You don't have to be on it yourself to jump it.
Where is the closest "abandon all hope" system to the bubble anyway?

General rule is take a sidewinder lifeboat with you. Not a good idea going on a long voyage with a carrier that doesn't have shipyard for passengers. At the very least communicate with the owner.

Why? You parked it there, you left it there, FC's move all the time.

All you needed to do was undock, fly a dew hundred LS away and log off, it takes, literally, seconds to undock from a FC.
so the only reason for not doing its the argument well you fault that the other player decided to jump the FC.... come on what harm does adding the feature to allow player to disembark if the fc jumps actually do to hurt the game? FC are already looking like they are gonna go the way multi crew. we need to be fixing the problems with fc not blaming people for the actions of others. say Im playing I dock at a FC and before I take off my work calls me. "sorry jim it can't wait we need you to come in right now " I sigh sign of and go to work. when I come home my ship has been jumped to who knows where and now im stranded. why am i being punished because real life caused me to stop on a FC

Top Bottom