General Allow Squadron Name Changes

I think it would be nice to allow Squadron leaders to be able to request name changes for the squadron. Perhaps limit how many times per a time period. Even if there was a small fee attached to prevent too many requested changes.

It would be nice, especially if you are doing a RP squadron and want to adjust your name to better align with the narrative in play.

Disbanding a squadron and losing progress just isn't a great method to make a change like that.

It would be nice, especially if you are doing a RP squadron and want to adjust your name to better align with the narrative in play.\

1000% Agreed, I believe this should be extended to Player Minor Faction changes, specifically including the Home System Description.

When we incorporated the YKE Technologies faction, our primary goal was to provide assistance to novice pilots; teaching them the BGS whilst far away from intense conflict. Our description for the HIP 69738 system reflects this old goal. For those unfamiliar, you are required to provide a description when applying for a PMF.

The pursuit of Inter-species Diplomacy has dominated our squadron, growing rapidly over the course of the last 6 months. Despite this, our original description has yet to even be inserted. A whole new layer of immersion would be introduced if players could make changes to their squadron / player minor faction appropriately.

1000% Agreed, I believe this should be extended to Player Minor Faction changes, specifically including the Home System Description.
I was thinking of doing a separate suggestion around factions. Maybe a system that allows the primary supporting squadron to make faction decisions. Could be some thresholds needed to meet until a squadron 'claims' certain factions. (Obviously some should be locked out from changes, and there be limits on number of factions claimed and what can be changed).

Then they could make basic changes to some faction details. It would also be neat to see ways to do faction based CG's. The a faction and it's supporting squadrons could expand to new systems, build additional installations in a system, build out megaships, etc.

Would be quite the expansion of the system, but would definitely be neat.

I don't care about the name, but I have a similar wish to change the power play faction the squadron is aligned with. Perhaps a change of these features would be allowed once per scoreboard "season" with the added penalty that the squadron can't participate to the scoreboard in the season it made any changes. I don't really care about the scoreboard and I suspect many people don't, but I think the frequency would be acceptable.

I don't care about the name, but I have a similar wish to change the power play faction the squadron is aligned with. Perhaps a change of these features would be allowed once per scoreboard "season" with the added penalty that the squadron can't participate to the scoreboard in the season it made any changes. I don't really care about the scoreboard and I suspect many people don't, but I think the frequency would be acceptable.

Before we applied for our Player Minor Faction, I aligned with Sirius Corporation without knowing their history / background. Tried talking with support to get it changed but they simply asked us to delete and remake our squadron. Fortunately we were quite new so this wasn't a big deal, but I imagine it would be for much older squadrons.

That is one of my main desires as well to be honest, but I also would really like the ability to change the name if need be.

Top Bottom