Alpha 2.2 update!

This is the reason alot of us want to go beyond vertical! While sure the arrow style coaster might not have vertical track, it also in real life not every single loop is identical, they have different tracks leading into and out of them, the last thing I would like to see in PC is having a tiny flat segment right before every loop just to make the prefab fit.

On one hand we are getting lots of freedom but then on other its taken away and makes it a night mare to use;.

I would hate to see it come down needing to use prefab inversion rather than being able to make our own. Custom pitch and roll on the track just makes everything so much smoother.

Yes beyond vertical would be nice. I love to make my own inversions :) Now it is possible but a bit hard to get it realy smooth

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Something that still bugs me in RCT3 is the restrictions in the different coaster types. Maybe there can be an option for the non-campaign scenarios for all coasters to have no building restrictions.

RCT3?? :p And what you mean by building restrictions? Building on the coaster entrance? Or you mean not be able to go trough the track with another track piece?

@ Syphirioth Up until purchasing Planet Coaster a few days ago I was playing RCT3 & the different coasters have different track pieces available to build. As it seems Planet Coaster will have in building limits for track pieces eg. steepness, or lack of steepness for the family coaster.

I can see why they are going to do this for campaign scenario challenges but it would be good to have an option to allow any sort of track building in non-campaign scenarios or sandbox.

Wow, another update already? You people have been busy. Thanks very much FDev. It really is appreciated (even if we still want more, more quickly, more polished, more freedom, more, more, more, more......)

btw; what on earth is the campaign mode? [where is it]

While we're on the topic of coasters I should probably say we've been watching the discussion threads with interest. We've noticed a number of topics from people debating the specials, features and track pieces and whether they should be applied to all coasters. We are watching the discussions with interest but I just thought it would be good to remind people that for us, rides and coasters in Planet Coaster offer something extremely unique which is their true authenticity. What's more, and I probably shouldn’t mention this, the authenticity (or limits on some coasters) will be used to great effect as challenges in the campaign scenarios. So that’s probably something that the team will consider in how these rides are developed.

Here's my idea for how to "please everyone". Whenever you're in sandbox mode, unlock everything for all the coasters. But if you're playing a scenario, then make the coasters behave as they're intended and enforce the restrictions of no vertical tracks, inversions, what have you. I think by doing this you will make the most amount of people happy, while also creating the type of challenges you want to make for the scenarios.

Here's my idea for how to "please everyone". Whenever you're in sandbox mode, unlock everything for all the coasters. But if you're playing a scenario, then make the coasters behave as they're intended and enforce the restrictions of no vertical tracks, inversions, what have you. I think by doing this you will make the most amount of people happy, while also creating the type of challenges you want to make for the scenarios.

Agree! I wanna make crazy coaster and don't care so much about realism.. but on the other hand, some people are and I might find it fun when playing in challenge mode. :)

Agree, coaster limitation should be a scenario option! Since the beginning I'm trying to do a true (rounded) corkscrew at Custom Looping Coaster, but I can't because of these silly limitations. The prefab one is horrible and unreal.

aaabaea

Another example, there's a "junior" coaster that has a sidewinder, but I can't do it in the game.

aadlcpa

Last edited:
Id like to reiterate my sentiment on the coaster restrictions.

If there is a set piece for a coaster, loop, roll or twist we should be able to be create it with the in game tools. Making a vertical loop as it stands now involves way too much tweaking and smoothing to be called create-able.

I am all for certain coaster having restrictions but only having a 45° pitch on rides that do loops is insanely short sighted.

Thanks Frontier. It's very evident you guys are all over this stuff and have done your homework. Of all the games I've played, I always come back to park simulation games. I absolutely love building and recreating theme parks and PC is going to allow us to do that with a great deal of accuracy, especially with the support and feedback we get from you guys.

I have one question and apologize if it's been answered or discussed already. Are coaster supports still under development? Because while they look extremely good and better than any we've seen, there are still some supports that are not there or don't show up in the right place. Ex. The loop on a B&M Inverted has a unique support that I've not seen in game before

http://ptreport.thrillnetwork.net/images/sfot2/batman2.jpg

Anyway thanks for all you guys are doing behind the scene. This game is awesome.

Last edited:
Id like to reiterate my sentiment on the coaster restrictions.

If there is a set piece for a coaster, loop, roll or twist we should be able to be create it with the in game tools. Making a vertical loop as it stands now involves way too much tweaking and smoothing to be called create-able.

I am all for certain coaster having restrictions but only having a 45° pitch on rides that do loops is insanely short sighted.

I think your short sighted, clearly theres a reason they haven't done it. Weather it be limited to the game or a gameplay reason. Sadly you can't please everyone and should redirect your suggestions on the correct thread!

Thanks for the update! For the banking restrictions on certain coasters, I think even adding a pre-fab half loop would help a lot. That way the banking restrictions could stay in place (i know it wouldn't fix customer corkscrews) but at least then the track would recognize the banking direction from the half loop and you can create the exit from the half loop the way you wanted to at least.

Playing around more more and more with the coaster builder I have been able to create some pretty cool looking elements and inversion. Just took some time and a learning curve to use the tools and think it through when you're building.

I've had good luck with the B&M types (minus the invert). I've learned that the angle of the track changes the banking abilities. At first I couldn't make a pretzel loop for the life of me but after some tweaking and learning how the builder recognizes track pieces. And you gotta then use that smooth feature to death. I'm at work now but can post some screens later when I get home.

Hiii Team!! :)

Is great too see a new update again :)

I would like to say something about Coasters. In my opinion your addition to try to build more real rides, limited itlelf to offer challenges on the future gameplay... In fact i think is a good idea.

The bad part on that is that an amount of us love to get a powerful tool to build anything, or at less anything like wee see on real live. Impossible new loops every year, new layouts, new pieces. I would like to build exactly what i want without a limitation that dont let me make a hill climb on 90 degrees on a coaster like the launched, what is designed for that (or another one).

Maybe and advanced option to "advanced" players, something without all that limitations? I really believe you got a powerfull sistem able to doo all that crazy loops, always build with a real feel.

Thanks u too try to read us. I've been testing the Alfa2, and with another different users of our community, we want to write you our common feelings about all the different spects of building and the game,

See youu, Dani.

I million times this!

I love hearing how coaster types are key in some scenarios.

But I to hope/wish there was a way to do as Stream says. Brilliant!

Thank you so much for update. I was getting ready to report 3 bugs in my game. This update seems to have fixed all three issues. :) If I find more I will report them. Thank you guys for all your hard work. :)

I would disagree. I am most attracted to the sandbox mode and I definitely would prefer authenticity in the different rollercoaster types. However, some form of toggle would work well.

Last edited:
Huge Thank You to the Dev Team for the quick work and keeping the game interesting. It's also awesome to see how genuinely you take feedback from the early birders! Loving the game - and, I spend hours playing around with terrain editor..... Love to dig a deep hole, put a ride or coaster in it, then cover it up!!!!!!!!!! Best Dark Rides ever!

Top Bottom