Alternate Education Boards

Thanks to @Captain Callum, I am now finally able to begin making alternate educational boards for the animals. Here is 1 example:
Komodo Dragon.png

Before I keep going, I want feedback. Anything I should improve? Add? Remove? Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Once a general design is decided, I will begin creating and uploading them for y'all to use

Thanks to @Captain Callum, I am now finally able to begin making alternate educational boards for the animals. Here is 1 example:
View attachment 328828
Before I keep going, I want feedback. Anything I should improve? Add? Remove? Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Once a general design is decided, I will begin creating and uploading them for y'all to use
Oh one thing about the design, the black text with a dark gray background is hard to see online, in game it will be near impossible to make out. Why not bold white text on the gray

Oh one thing about the design, the black text with a dark gray background is hard to see online, in game it will be near impossible to make out. Why not bold white text on the gray
I'd recommend the tried and true white text on black. Plus the black borders will make it blend smoothly with the tiger print.

Alright, before I keep going, I tested it: you can sorta read it when you zoom up. My only problem is that the images are very bright in-game. How do we darken them, again? @Urufu1997, I believe you had figured it out once, right?

Alright, before I keep going, I tested it: you can sorta read it when you zoom up. My only problem is that the images are very bright in-game. How do we darken them, again? @Urufu1997, I believe you had figured it out once, right?
Ah I know that - download the image editor GIMP

Insert image into gimp. Click the colors tab on the top selection of options. Click exposure , drag the exposure slider to -4.25 (negative number) and leave the black level. Click ok and your picture should be dark now.

Then click file then overwrite [file name]. Ensure your picture has now changed in your picture location then you can now exit gimp and ignore all the lost progress warnings. Also make sure your picture is a .png (just rename if a .jpg)

Only Thing I've figured out myself is that for some Reason the lit up Billboard shows them too bright for some Players while the other one is relatively fine but for other Players it's the other Way for some Reason. Someone mentioned once that you can fix them by changing the Color Profile of the Picture but sadly I don't know how exactly you need to adjust it. Let me know if you find it out

Insert image into gimp. Click the colors tab on the top selection of options. Click exposure , drag the exposure slider to -4.25 (negative number) and leave the black level. Click ok and your picture should be dark now.
Wouldn't that just make the Picture itself darker (only used Gimp once, so I don't know) instead of the Color Profile which would mean that if Frontier would fix it, the Sign would be too dark in the Game afterwards? If I remember correctly Gimp has some Options to save it with a adjusted Color Profile

Only Thing I've figured out myself is that for some Reason the lit up Billboard shows them too bright for some Players while the other one is relatively fine but for other Players it's the other Way for some Reason. Someone mentioned once that you can fix them by changing the Color Profile of the Picture but sadly I don't know how exactly you need to adjust it. Let me know if you find it out

Wouldn't that just make the Picture itself darker (only used Gimp once, so I don't know) instead of the Color Profile which would mean that if Frontier would fix it, the Sign would be too dark in the Game afterwards? If I remember correctly Gimp has some Options to save it with a adjusted Color Profile
nope if a picture is too bright ingame you need to make the picture darker to balance the tone. I have tried it and the -4.25 works perfectly. Well yeah if frontier decides to fix it the picture will be dark but this is like 2 years now since the dark images problem

nope if a picture is too bright ingame you need to make the picture darker to balance the tone. I have tried it and the -4.25 works perfectly
🤔 So it also darker outside of the Game then or not. I'll post it here if I should find out something about the Color Profile Change that is necessary for the right Appeareance in the Game without it looking different outside of the Game

🤔 So it also darker outside of the Game then or not. I'll post it here if I should find out something about the Color Profile Change that is necessary for the right Appeareance in the Game without it looking different outside of the Game
yes the image is pretty dark outside the game, you can make a copy of the normal picture and the edited one if needs be. I found the tip from reddit that the easiest option without photoshop was changing the exposure in gimp. Im cheap of course 🤣 . Im not overly bothered that the image is dark outside of the game considering i make my signs for the game

🤔 now I wonder if a Modder could be able to fix it and then inform Frontier how to do it so it gets officially fixed in the Game

🤔 now I wonder if a Modder could be able to fix it and then inform Frontier how to do it so it gets officially fixed in the Game
maybe but i remember all the big name creators figuring out this issue a year or so back. Nothing on frontiers end caught on and we still have the issue. Theres more pressing matters to attend that cant be fixed by editing some values in an photo editor

Picture download from here into game:
View attachment 329199

Edited to -4.25 exposure in gimp:

View attachment 329201
Seems to be a bit too dark though. I think there needs still some Adjustments to be done

The Wolf Sign looks awesome. Guess I'll need to immediately take a Look at the Picture Thread now👍

Top Bottom