AMA II: Question Boogaloo - Arthur, Bruce, Stephen and Paul

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Q: Beyond the current and upcoming balance changes, does the team have any plans to do before Odyssey, or even with Odyssey, any QoL updates and bug fixes?

Stephen Benedetti

Community Manager
I know the PWA bug is having the limelight right now, but since last April, players have been unable to change the power priority of certain Guardian modules (specifically the Module Reinforcement). I've submitted a couple bug reports and contributed to several more, but is this bug known? Are there any plans to fix it? It's a little disheartening to unlock a partially busted module.

If you have submitted a bug report to our issue tracker then it will be known. Currently, the development team is extremely busy with the Odyssey update, along with the difficulties of working from home. Please be patient as some issues may take longer to be resolved.

Q: Its great to see Powerplay finally on the radar for improvement, so thanks for listening!

In the balancing p2 thread Bruce said:

We've collected and analysed your feedback and are happy to confirm that Anti-Xeno combat and Powerplay (the most frequent topics in your replies) will be part of our long term plans

Now (and I get you can't be too specific because everything is subject to change) how do you define 'long term' in this context? A lot of Powerplay pledges will read 'long term' and let out a little sigh* because similar things have been said in the past as the years flick by. I get straightening out Powerplay is like untangling burning spaghetti but will it be soon rather than Soon™?

*scream

Q- are the team working on different SRV designs, having just the one is a bit limiting to the imagination, i always thought there would be tracked version or faster more fragile versions to add a little flavour to them.

Bruce G

Senior Community Manager
Well in case it's missed in the second page. Would there be any means to achieve Localization like by cooperation with local translation groups by fans? Hope this can be delivered to the Devs to consider.

o7
Hi Stone Smith,

We have a localisation team that work diligently on the non-English versions of Elite that we support. I don't think we're currently offering freelance work with groups of players from those localised communities.

Hellos!
My question is simple: Why is menu logging still allowable?
I know that Combat logging via task kill has been a bannable offense for years, and that’s great! It means that if someone is engaged in Player vs Player combat, then the only ways out is through standing and fighting, or surviving long enough to highwake out.
Unfortunately, there is an equally damaging ‘unintentional exploit’ that allows some commanders an unfair way out of a combat encounter that is not meant to be part of the game, and has only gotten worse since the game has gone on: Menu Logging
When the game released, the most powerful ship was an unenginered anaconda. While it would be difficult to cut through the shields and then destroy the power plant within the 15 second window, with a wing, some coordination, and everyone going for the powerplant, it was definitely possible. So, at the time 15 seconds is reasonable.
Unfortunately, while the addition of new ships, Powerplay modules, and engineering has created great benefits across the game, menu logging has not improved. Recently I did a test where my buddy in a prismatic Federal Corvette stood still and let me use my best PvP ship to try and take him down, and see how long it took.
Source: https://youtu.be/Xd1cWkIvIjs

It took 4 minutes and 56 seconds.
The point is, even if I had a full wing, all with optimal pvp builds, it would be doubtful 4 cmdrs could take out a Corvette with that build within 15 seconds. There are other more shield tanking builds, such as a Cutter, which has better shields to start, and can fit a class 8 prismatic shield, one grade higher than the Corvette.
This system is open to abuse, is being abused, to the point that if a commander can acquire the ship and build, then the current rules on Combat logging by task kill are but ink on the page. They are effectively invincible. While most reputable squadrons will ban their members if they menu log, an unscrupulous ganker can create a build that cannot be killed in 15 seconds, show up in a system, kill lower ranked commanders with impunity, and when bounty hunters show up, be completely untouchable, no matter how skilled they or their opponents are.
I am sorry if I sound rather… livid, but I feel this needs to be addressed soon; either menu logging must be made a bannable offense, the danger timer to logout increased if the hostile is another player (or across the board), or have menu logging during combat result in the ship exploding.

Hello, thanks for these new Q&As, I loved reading through the last one.

Anyway, will the new "in person" missions being added in Odyssey be purely focused on Odyssey content (doing stuff on planetary surfaces) or will they also include objectives from more traditional Elite missions like space combat, deliveries to stations, space salvage, etc?

Also, walking around in ship interiors, please? I know you guys can't comment on that either way, but I just thought I'd chip in to all the people asking for news on it.

Paul_Crowther

Community Manager
Frontier
Q: What is the process for choosing which system a faction will expand FROM when there are multiple systems over 75% ? It changed with the introduction of FC, but there has been no mention in any release Notes

A faction's eligible for expansion if it's over 75% influence in any given system that doesn't have a conflict active within it. A faction can only have one expansion at once, no matter how many systems its present in. If multiple systems are eligible, then it chooses the one with the highest happiness.

There's always a chance! No plans currently.

if you need inspiration -> :) (thanks for answering)

9WfznCO.png

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom