Amazingly Realistic Immersion Mod

Gee Thanks FDEV just when I was getting thinks the way I like again ... Maybe in the future on one must not be able to set preferences for your HUD or risk voiding your warrantee

Wait. Are you saying that HORIZONS shaders are changing? That would definitely confirm our fears that Frontier is working to backport Odyssey shaders into Horizons.

Either way, I have shelved ED for the foreseeable future, because I just am not convinced ED has a future. Of course this is a personal opinion that I don't expect most fans to share, but it does mean that I won't be investing any more time modding ED, at least not until the dust fully and completely settles later this Fall / Winter. Sorry folks..

Horizons havent changed EDHM, works just fine at the mo.
So everyone up above is talking about Odyssey? Okay then. I'm not going near Odyssey with ten dollar bill until it's actually finished, so good luck everyone! Personally I'd be happy if Horizons remains as-is forever. If I wanted Odyssey shaders, UI, and planet tech, I would buy the Odyssey DLC.

Grab 3dmigoto if you don't have it already. Drop my files overwriting. The original d3dx.ini is mostly unchanged, but has a couple of includes. Elite Dangerous related settings are in ed.ini.

EDIT: forgot to mention: after changing the Orbital Lines Opacity, use F11 to reload AND SAVE the settings so it starts with your preferred transparency next time.

Attachments

• ed_shader_fixes_Ou4.zip
    20.4 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:

Deleted member 240115

D
Wait. Are you saying that HORIZONS shaders are changing? That would definitely confirm our fears that Frontier is working to backport Odyssey shaders into Horizons.

Either way, I have shelved ED for the foreseeable future, because I just am not convinced ED has a future. Of course this is a personal opinion that I don't expect most fans to share, but it does mean that I won't be investing any more time modding ED, at least not until the dust fully and completely settles later this Fall / Winter. Sorry folks..
That has been confirmed in several live streams. At some point down the road, Horizons will get the the Odyssey UI changes, and "improved" planetary terrain generation.
Horizons players won't have the ability to disembark on foot.

Hey guys, I'm using OldDuck's mod (exctracted the whole thing in the ED folder) and I can't seem to change the GUI color anymore. It's stuck to OldDuck's version, which I'd like to alter. Using EDprofiler doesn't work either, any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

With the new Odyssey's darker skybox i'm happy that i do not need to use this to get rid of the ugly space dust we had in Horizons anymore.

Good that they listened to the community feedback over the ugly brown skybox, i hope we get to see an options mentioned here in the game settings in a near feature.
Especially the Space Snow, Supercruise Lines and Clean Windows.
having an option to toggle them on/off would be a great quality of life improvement, especially for those who make videos and stream.

o7

Hey guys, I'm using OldDuck's mod (exctracted the whole thing in the ED folder) and I can't seem to change the GUI color anymore. It's stuck to OldDuck's version, which I'd like to alter. Using EDprofiler doesn't work either, any help would be appreciated!

Thanks
Has to do with the fact that the mod uses the custom graphics config along with the shaders to achieve the effects it has, I believe.

If you just want to "go back to orange", the easiest way would be to validate your game files from the launcher (not Steam, the launcher), which will reset everything to vanilla. If you want to keep certain aspects of the mod but get your HUD back to what it was, it will require some selective deletion of shaders and some messing around with the config. If I'm correct, which I often aren't.

Has to do with the fact that the mod uses the custom graphics config along with the shaders to achieve the effects it has, I believe.

If you just want to "go back to orange", the easiest way would be to validate your game files from the launcher (not Steam, the launcher), which will reset everything to vanilla. If you want to keep certain aspects of the mod but get your HUD back to what it was, it will require some selective deletion of shaders and some messing around with the config. If I'm correct, which I often aren't.
Yeah I read the shader list and selectively deleted some and it's fine now. Ty!

With the new Odyssey's darker skybox i'm happy that i do not need to use this to get rid of the ugly space dust we had in Horizons anymore.

Good that they listened to the community feedback over the ugly brown skybox, i hope we get to see an options mentioned here in the game settings in a near feature.
Especially the Space Snow, Supercruise Lines and Clean Windows.
having an option to toggle them on/off would be a great quality of life improvement, especially for those who make videos and stream.

o7
I did read that about Odyssey, but I also (after extensive research) read that it is not worth it in its current state, with performance issues and a myriad of bugs and issues, but mostly it feels detached from the vanilla/horizons space sim game and is basically a tacked on diet FPS with poor integration/merging with the main game, which is a shame... So in short, I would be reluctant to purchase it simply for a darker space.

I did read that about Odyssey, but I also (after extensive research) read that it is not worth it in its current state, with performance issues and a myriad of bugs and issues, but mostly it feels detached from the vanilla/horizons space sim game and is basically a tacked on diet FPS with poor integration/merging with the main game, which is a shame... So in short, I would be reluctant to purchase it simply for a darker space.
I do understand how you feel, i feel the same but i think we should also point out the good alongside the bad.
There me be more bad than good with Odyssey for most especially with the game performance which i suffer from as well but all we can do is give feedback and hope that it will get sorted out after Update 5.

I'm personally avoiding all on-foot combat and engineering for now due to performance issues until it get optimized so i''m setting out to the dark exploring the new planets.

o7

I do understand how you feel, i feel the same but i think we should also point out the good alongside the bad.
There me be more bad than good with Odyssey for most especially with the game performance which i suffer from as well but all we can do is give feedback and hope that it will get sorted out after Update 5.

I'm personally avoiding all on-foot combat and engineering for now due to performance issues until it get optimized so i''m setting out to the dark exploring the new planets.

o7
You shouldn't have to pay full price and avoid certain features of a product that are simply not functional. That being said, I'm an old Elite player and VR changed the game for me totally and added to the already immense lifespan potential of the game. That being said, the lack of VR support for odyssey which to me sounds mandatory was the ultimate deal breaker. Darker space would be nice though! I'm just not paying full price for a darker space and a portion of the experience. my 2 cent at least.

I have a pretty dark skybox (tweaked) in Horizons. Very faint (tweaked) orbit lines (toggled as per standard ED). Faint (tweak) HUD that can be toggled (as per this thread) ... This looks good in my HP Reverd G2 (tweaked towards looking good in that setup) but it might look different on a monitor. Furthermore I have Reshade VR running (some sharpening and contrast). See if you can make out the very faint orbit lines. They are ON at the start, but toggled off later

Oh, I'm now toying with and enjoying VoiceAttack and Zira and David voices

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERnSG_0prL0

Last edited:
I have a pretty dark skybox (tweaked) in Horizons. Very faint (tweaked) orbit lines (toggled as per standard ED). Faint (tweak) HUD that can be toggled (as per this thread) ... This looks good in my HP Reverd G2 (tweaked towards looking good in that setup) but it might look different on a monitor. Furthermore I have Reshade VR running (some sharpening and contrast). See if you can make out the very faint orbit lines. They are ON at the start, but toggled off later

Oh, I'm now toying with and enjoying VoiceAttack and Zira and David voices

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERnSG_0prL0
ReShade is pretty awesome, sadly we still need to use it to achieve near pitch black skybox without erasing the nebulas and the galaxy, even tho Odyssey made the Skybox darker it's not because it's actually darker it's just the entire game now is darker in general therefore the skybox as well, i don't know why we have these bluish effect in the sky that are extremely apparent and distracting!

Combined with the Galaxy dust it gives the sky a bizarre look of dust and clouds that's unrealistic and immersion breaking.

Last edited:
Top Bottom