an exodus of epic proportions

What's special about microtech ?
I started at New Babbage, and Microtech is a beautiful snowy planet.

Speaking of, I've started to get my feet under me a bit. Decided Hurston was more my style, and I've got my first few bounty hunting missions completed. I at least made back enough to cover the rental! And went clothes shopping (because that's a thing!).

Untethered is kinda easy mode FA-OFF (still has rotational correction). Haven't played with the loadouts and whatnot yet, but seems like there's a bit of variety?

I started at New Babbage, and Microtech is a beautiful snowy planet.

Speaking of, I've started to get my feet under me a bit. Decided Hurston was more my style, and I've got my first few bounty hunting missions completed. I at least made back enough to cover the rental! And went clothes shopping (because that's a thing!).

Untethered is kinda easy mode FA-OFF (still has rotational correction). Haven't played with the loadouts and whatnot yet, but seems like there's a bit of variety?
I wish OA makes more videos about them, I liked that one^^

Not going to install the game though, it's heavy, apparently performances are poor, and it's lacking in content.
I'm speaking of Star citizen, I already installed Odyssey.

The worst thing anyone can do is make comparisons between EDO and SC...besides the fact they both have pixel spaceships. As a long time backer and regular player of the project from hell, avoid it like a plague of boils unless you're of an even and very forgiving temperament...or have issues with tripping over your disposable income as you head out of the door.

It'll test the patience of a saint and will probably amount to nothing this side of the heat death of the solar system. Besides that, it's actually OK to like or try both games...warts and all. Just don't give Ci¬G any cash, wait for a freefly event to try Star Citizen out...you'll thank me later :)

I have recently given SC another shot since EDO is just not fun in it's current state.

What did I find?
Planets that actually work,
framerates that were down even on the pos that is EDO,
Bugs but it is still more stable for me that EDO,
gameplay that is obviously designed from the ground up with walking around in mind rather than tacked onto a spaceship game,
decent flight model but not as good as ED's (once the fix it for EDO that is)

For the price of a crate of beer it is worth it even in it's current state over paying for ED then EDO.

I have recently given SC another shot since EDO is just not fun in it's current state.

What did I find?
Planets that actually work,
framerates that were down even on the pos that is EDO,
Bugs but it is still more stable for me that EDO,
gameplay that is obviously designed from the ground up with walking around in mind rather than tacked onto a spaceship game,
decent flight model but not as good as ED's (once the fix it for EDO that is)

For the price of a crate of beer it is worth it even in it's current state over paying for ED then EDO.
I would suggest buying both the crate of beer, and SC. It can get very, very silly that way.

The worst thing anyone can do is make comparisons between EDO and SC...besides the fact they both have pixel spaceships. As a long time backer and regular player of the project from hell, avoid it like a plague of boils unless you're of an even and very forgiving temperament...or have issues with tripping over your disposable income as you head out of the door.

It'll test the patience of a saint and will probably amount to nothing this side of the heat death of the solar system. Besides that, it's actually OK to like or try both games...warts and all. Just don't give Ci¬G any cash, wait for a freefly event to try Star Citizen out...you'll thank me later :)

Youre the sanest guy around Mole. Even after seeing purple beard pic.

Last edited:
Already done that one :D

I spent over 3 hrs searching in a cave system for a lost worker and didn't realise the time. So much fun. Also brought back some memories from when I used to do mines rescue!
I only visited the caves once in Star Citizen when they were first introduced...bumped into some random dude creeping around in the dark down there and almost crapped myself...not been anywhere near a cave since. :oops:

Already done that one :D

I spent over 3 hrs searching in a cave system for a lost worker and didn't realise the time. So much fun. Also brought back some memories from when I used to do mines rescue!

Samesies! Well, not 3 hours. Probably only one for me. Loved exploring the cave, though. Never did find the person. You'd think they'd have like a beacon or a flare or something going.

Loaded up some on foot mining gear and tried another one. Ship blew up (twice) just flying into the cave. Heh. Taking a break after that.

You know that SC buildings are all handcrafted and placed, right? Something you can do if you only have to serve 5 planets (or so). But imagine you have to do the same for all civilised systems in ED... that's why you can't compare a truck with a racing car.
Because they are for Odyssey ? I've seen a lot of similar settlement. It's not really a problem.

Also, I take a hand crafted CITY over random gen settlement any day of the week.

I'm still streaming Elite Dangerous. :)

Still indeed to keep doing so for the time being, though I may switch to other games if stability doesn't improve. I'm sure EDO will eventually get better, but we may have to give it some time.

Cheers,

Drew.
Well this post did not age well.

SC was already making millions off of a legion of SOMETHING APPROPRIATE TO PASS THE WORD FILTER before Odyssey released.

I tire of the SC is beating Elite lol meme. Why does this matter to you people? What are you proving to yourselves?

SC was a thing before Elite: Dangerous was a thing. I barely knew what Elite was when I was watching the Roberts Kickstarter thing. Elite: Dangerous has been a shipped game for closing on a decade with countless stories behind it by now and SC is what? More ship sales? Pooping tech? No promises, no roadmaps, no end in sight development styles?

Yeah you guys are so, so cool.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom