Ships Anaconda: turrets or gimball ?

Thx for the build. This mix of turrets and gimball seems to be quite fun. I will find for this Gardian shield booster, maybee I don't need much component. And for the rest, limpet controler, cargo for limpets and fighter bay was what I was planning to do.

Better get the other fsd boosters. The shield boosters are really not worth it. Just enlarges your e-peen

If you manage to drop your shields in a build like this (without guardian shield boosters) you are just a bad pilot

Better get the other fsd boosters. The shield boosters are really not worth it. Just enlarges your e-peen

If you manage to drop your shields in a build like this (without guardian shield boosters) you are just a bad pilot
Guardian shield boosters are a great addition to many builds. Sure in bigger ships their impact to the total shielding is often pretty small, but anything that improves the shields is still a bonus, so why the heck not. In smaller ships they are often game changer in PvE because you can make plenty of non-conventional builds with them on ships that are normally pretty bad at shield tanking. I see no reason NOT to unlock them as it is very straightforward and easy to do.

I wouldn't prioritise them over the FSD booster, but FSD booster, Shield Booster, and Module Reinforcement are the three guardian modules most worth unlocking.

If you go for full laser build just take my PvE CZ Corvette and adjust it to Anaconda (same base idea works for both ships). https://s.orbis.zone/f39d That has been proven to work excellently in PvE giving me for example Top 10 (not Top 10%) in a Conflict Zone Community Goal.
Have you tried that Corvette in CZs, or is it just a theoretical build? I can't see the sense in having bi-weaves and SCBs. Also, when I tried a beam laser like that, it wouldn't cool my ship enough for the SCBs. Surely, prismatics would be a lot better if you want SCBs, and I can't see the point of HRPs for a shield tank. Wouldn't it be better to have stronger shields so you don't lose them?

Finally, OP is pretty new. I bet he doesn't have access to all that engineering and probably no Guardian stuff either.
So I'll try with Bi-Weaves first, at last no farming to test this! I was also wondering for a full laser build. I guess it is full pulse, not burst?
If you haven't got your power distributor engineered, you won't get enough power for burst lasers. Your capacitor will keep going empty, so you can't shoot. It's been a while since I used an unengineered Anaconda, but IIRC it struggled with only pulse lasers. Try all pulse lasers, and if you find that you don't keep running out of capacitor, change the smaller weapons to bursts a bit at a time to see how it goes.

I completely disagree. Guardian shield boosters are absolutely necessary if you want to wade in to any battle with a fully engineered ship, and an unengineered Anaconda will lose its shields in no time. It's an absolute liability without them. OP wants a farming boat, not a ship to practice combat technique.

Have you tried that Corvette in CZs, or is it just a theoretical build? I can't see the sense in having bi-weaves and SCBs. Also, when I tried a beam laser like that, it wouldn't cool my ship enough for the SCBs. Surely, prismatics would be a lot better if you want SCBs, and I can't see the point of HRPs for a shield tank. Wouldn't it be better to have stronger shields so you don't lose them?

Finally, OP is pretty new. I bet he doesn't have access to all that engineering and probably no Guardian stuff either.

If you haven't got your power distributor engineered, you won't get enough power for burst lasers. Your capacitor will keep going empty, so you can't shoot. It's been a while since I used an unengineered Anaconda, but IIRC it struggled with only pulse lasers. Try all pulse lasers, and if you find that you don't keep running out of capacitor, change the smaller weapons to bursts a bit at a time to see how it goes.
Yeah, I have flown that ship a lot in the CZs + whatnot. It is not theoretical. As I already stated I have gotten top 10 CMDR spot in CZ Community Goal with it (and pretty easily also) so I know it works.

Consider not using an Overcharged PP. It quickly becomes hot. If you go easy on your power, you can get away with Low Emission, and that will allow you to squeeze that sweet trigger for much longer :alien: My PvE Corvette, for grinding manufactured materials:

Overcharged is fine. Especially when paired with thermal spread. Normal A-rated PP has heat efficiency of 0,4. OC G5 has 0,5 and thermal spread brings it back to 0,45. The ship I linked has no overheating problems.

I have guardian FSD unlock. And I guess I don't lack too much if I want to unlock the Shield Booster, juste have to check.

Well the hardest part for me in Elite is that nobody is always agree on what to do in a build :D But I guess it is also a great thing to avoid Clone Wars.

I'm not sure why anyone thinks prismatics are any better for SCBs? They restore a flat amount. They're going to give you the same amount of shield back no matter what you're using, and the thing they synergise with, like all forms of shield boost and restoration, is resistances.

It's hard to create a build with any amount of boosters where an SCB is going to restore more than your base shields, and it's always useful to have an emergency button to hit if you're getting low in extended combat.

I'm not sure why anyone thinks prismatics are any better for SCBs? They restore a flat amount. They're going to give you the same amount of shield back no matter what you're using, and the thing they synergise with, like all forms of shield boost and restoration, is resistances.

It's hard to create a build with any amount of boosters where an SCB is going to restore more than your base shields, and it's always useful to have an emergency button to hit if you're getting low in extended combat.
Yes I agree with that. I'm not suggesting that prismatics would be better. I would always choose biweaves with a boatload of Guardian shield boosters. I was only suggesting that his SCBs were a complete waste of time with biweaves, but they do work well with prismatics. IMHO both prismatics and SCBs lost their use on a Corvette as soon as we got the Guardian modules. You'd have to be pretty bad to lose your shields on a full shield tank Corvette with biweaves.

Yes I agree with that. I'm not suggesting that prismatics would be better. I would always choose biweaves with a boatload of Guardian shield boosters. I was only suggesting that his SCBs were a complete waste of time with biweaves, but they do work well with prismatics. IMHO both prismatics and SCBs lost their use on a Corvette as soon as we got the Guardian modules. You'd have to be pretty bad to lose your shields on a full shield tank Corvette with biweaves.

I call this false. Having SCBs allows you to do a lot of things with the ship where you would need to retreat otherwise. You can be swarmed by 10 ships in CZ, you can do solo wing assassination missions, even if playing pve yourself you may still be attacked by players, you can save a lot of time waiting for shield regens and push to next encounter faster etc. Just look at this:
1622801087280.png

Sure you get good shields and resistances from the shields and boosters alone, but for those singular tougher situations you can quadruple your shields by burning the banks. 4x multiplier is a BIG deal. And that "one must be pretty bad to lose shields" argument is getting a bit old really. Optimization is a fun game in itself that I enjoy for its own sake and having those SCBs is clearly the right thing to have on a combat ship. I would not give up 4x modifier to damage and I am certainly not giving up a 4x multiplier to shields either.

I was only suggesting that his SCBs were a complete waste of time with biweaves, but they do work well with prismatics.

Right, but that's just not a sensible way to think about those tools.

SCBs are a more slot efficient way to get extra shields, especially the larger ones. It's more efficient and gives you more room for other tools to just mount a large SCB and only use it in an emergency than to stack so many GSBs that you are never in danger of losing shields. If your shields never get below half, you have twice as many shields as you need.

Just to add some meat to the bones of these suggestions, if I were going to build an Anaconda to fight in RES/CZ it would look a lot like this:

(The idea would be that the PAs are in all the top slots, you can use whatever weapons suit your fancy though)

Top Bottom