News ANNOUNCING ELITE DANGEROUS: HORIZONS

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
They may possibly extend the 'no log out timer in combat' to include no landing in combat.
I would assume they would have some system to prevent this unless they leave it to encourage sales :eek:

If FDEV are in any way business-sensible, they'll leave it to encourage sales, IMO :)

It all sounds great to me, as long as we get some variety. The same rocky surfaces with cookie cutter bases and features would get old pretty quickly.

Normal beta access doesn't provide beta access for Elite Dangerous: Horizons, unless you've pre-ordered the beta access for it..

Michael

What if you were a Kickstarter Backer at Alpha or Premium Beta levels? Will they have access to the Horizons Beta?

Apologies - Just saw this update...

Regarding beta access for Elite Dangerous: Horizons if you already have Premium Beta access or higher then you will have beta access. Otherwise you need to pre-order it with beta access.

Michael

Thank you :)

Last edited:
What if you were a Kickstarter Backer at Alpha or Premium Beta levels? Will they have access to the Horizons Beta?
Yes. This has been answered already

EDIT: As I have to go out (and miss the stream) I'm going to stop reading this thread until the everyone is satisfied with the answers to the questions that have been asked over and over for the last few hours. I feel sorry for you Michael.

Last edited:
Yeah, the FAQ says yes to Beta access for expansion pass holders, but FD upthread seem to be saying it doesn't.

Premium Beta is yes (to beta of horizons) .. Standard Beta is no

(Premium Beta includes expansion pass auto,
Standard Beta, expansion pass is / is not .. listed separately)

Last edited:
I had no computer, and no chance to play elite dangerous.

I panicked, blew some of my savings and bought the BETA and life-time expansion pack, with no chance to even play the game.

2 months later, I got to test the beta, and then a few months later I did a dual boot on a borrowed mac.

Now I got a PC (but no GPU).

So for most people buying a really expensive game when I couldn't even play it (and still can't properly) was a dumb move.

But I've been content.

But todays announcement just made investment totally justified and 150% justified at that.

Last edited:
Hope this direct quote puts your mind at ease:

"Of course support will continue for Elite Dangerous even outside of Elite Dangerous: Horizons, and we’re keeping the community together."

Apologies - Just saw this update...

Thank you :)

https://support.frontier.co.uk/kb/faq.php?id=164

I'm an Alpha backer! What do I get?
Alpha backers are invited to participate in the Elite Dangerous: Horizons beta and will automatically get access to the full series of expansions the moment they are released! This includes those who bought Alpha access via the store before we launched the game.

They may possibly extend the 'no log out timer in combat' to include no landing in combat.
I would assume they would have some system to prevent this unless they leave it to encourage sales :eek:

Why should they? When you are in a fight right outside of a starports No-Fire-Zone, you can also flee into the starport for safety. :D

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom