News ANNOUNCING ELITE DANGEROUS: HORIZONS

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
rj16066 - check your panel on the store as it does sound like you need a partial refund. Your standard beta didn't cover you for horizons but a lifetime pass includes access to horizons. So if, as you say, you bought a lifetime pass AND a copy of horizons you need to get the copy of horizons refunded. Frankly if this is the case I'm amazed FD lets you buy both together.

In the first place riding on the planets ?? I do`t understand.

What about with walking on the planets ??

Strange....on Gamescom not a word about walking ??

Why price is as high for Horizons ??

Last edited:
The pricing policy for the Russian market is simply awful. 3000 rubles per game, 3000 for Horizons and almost 10,000 for a lifetime expansion! It is incredibly expensive! Most games in Russia cost about 700 rubles! A maximum of about 1000! I'm dumbfounded. This pricing makes me ignore the game because of such prices. This is something out of the ordinary.

Yes - the digital pack included the expansion pass at £80 or higher so would include Horizons, however it would not provide you with beta access.

Michael

So Expansion Pass will give beta access for Horizon or not?

There is written - yes
https://support.frontier.co.uk/kb/faq.php?id=164

betahorizon.JPG

And What about standard beta + expansion pass case, it will give access to beta horizon?

I backed game on KS, but i got option without LEP and beta. I got standard beta and LEP separately in last year and i still do not know i should buy beta horizon access, or not to participate in beta horizon.

Last edited:

Space Fan

Banned
Nah. It's a sign of a great future for ED. Get over it. If you can get angry about this, you could probably get angry about burnt toast..

Last edited:
It's a shame FD don't link the release date to the Irish summer because as all who live here already know the Irish summer is the best day of the year .... That would certainly narrow the timing down a tad!

:)

Boom! :)

The Irish summer is a great day alright. Pity you never know which year it'll arrive though. I think I'll take "Holidays 2015" over "maybe this year"..

I'm really angry now. So basically you are telling us, that we've been waiting for a year (Kickstarter backers way more) to be finally able to land on Planets, which was one of the main selling points of the kickstarter campaign...

They have said for a long time that these will come in stages. They have also always said that these things will come as paid expans...*sigh*...this is getting tiresome. Can't someone please code some sort of automated bot to take care of this?

:D

Last edited:
They have said for a long time that these will come in stages. They have also always said that these things will come as paid expans...*sigh*...this is getting tiresome. Can't someone please code some sort of automated bot to take care of this?

...coming next season. €40, or free with the Lifetime Expansion pass.

I think i made a mistake, but i want to be sure about that.
As a normal player, i bought Elite dangerous final release on december 19 2014.
I bought Elite Dangerous horizons beta. May i participate in this beta or not. a bit confused.
Anyone can answer me on this. Thanks.

I'm with ya tinman...the knashing of teeth over a anticipated release(in stages)...is rather getting boring.

In many interviews the plan was laid out...to be in stages accessed by dlc purchases...unless a LTP owner by whatever method you got it...ie KS,Alpha, PB...if not then buy it if wanted...if you don't no worries...you still play the base elite without the option

for the price stuck people...don't pay...you wont play it...if you want it buy it be happy...if you want to wait for the bargin bin...that's ok too.

I didn't have to do all the work...I get to play it...I'm having fun...and...I got no headaches.

if the game is not what you want...build one, play the one that suites your taste, or move on...its easy...if this caters to some of your taste...enjoy what you like about it...others will do the same.

My question is how many of the complaints come from people that never played a space flight sim(Newtonian or not is not the debate )...or combat sim like stormavik or DCS? if you come from a different genre then perhaps you were looking for something other than what ED is....well this is off topic

Guys peace...not throwing stones...just pragmatic. and optimistic.

Peace and prosperity by any means!!:)

- - - Updated - - -

I think i made a mistake, but i want to be sure about that.
As a normal player, i bought Elite dangerous final release on december 19 2014.
I bought Elite Dangerous horizons beta. May i participate in this beta or not. a bit confused.
Anyone can answer me on this. Thanks.

yes...and yes...you haave everything you need...you will also unlock the MKIV...shhhh

I'm with ya tinman...the knashing of teeth over a anticipated release(in stages)...is rather getting boring.

In many interviews the plan was laid out...to be in stages accessed by dlc purchases...unless a LTP owner by whatever method you got it...ie KS,Alpha, PB...if not then buy it if wanted...if you don't no worries...you still play the base elite without the option

for the price stuck people...don't pay...you wont play it...if you want it buy it be happy...if you want to wait for the bargin bin...that's ok too.

I didn't have to do all the work...I get to play it...I'm having fun...and...I got no headaches.

if the game is not what you want...build one, play the one that suites your taste, or move on...its easy...if this caters to some of your taste...enjoy what you like about it...others will do the same.

My question is how many of the complaints come from people that never played a space flight sim(Newtonian or not is not the debate )...or combat sim like stormavik or DCS? if you come from a different genre then perhaps you were looking for something other than what ED is....well this is off topic

Guys peace...not throwing stones...just pragmatic. and optimistic.

Peace and prosperity by any means!!:)

- - - Updated - - -

yes...and yes...you haave everything you need...you will also unlock the MKIV...shhhh

Thanks for the reply Reaper99 ;)

In many interviews the plan was laid out...to be in stages accessed by dlc purchases

To be fair, there has been a change over time from "Expansion 1 is Planetary Landings and Expansion 2 is Extravehicular Activity" to "Expansion 1 is a bit of Planetary Landings and a bunch of other stuff and Expansion 2 is a greater level of Planetary Landings and a bunch of other stuff".

They did, at some stage, clarify that landings would be done in stages, which is fine, but many of us assumed that meant expansion 1 would launch with rocky, airless landings and within the lifetime of that expansion progress to full planetary landings.

The whole Seasons thing is a different way of doing things, but it is a change from what a lot of people expected. If, for example, all you wanted was ED + SPL you would have thought you'd get that for two purchases. Now it will take several, whether you want the other stuff or not.

Stop feeding the troll, let's keep it on topic.

- - - Updated - - -

I've been in both open and private groups with the same people and the connection issues are exactly the same (invisible/frozen people who occasionally spawn in invisible NPCs, wing issues, text chat issues, etc.). Right now I'm afraid these will perpetuate when trying to team up for some Rocky Horizons exploration.
Open is extremely laggy for me and I have 80 Meg fibre!

Hmm, I must say that I do not fully understand the rant about prices.

I am not crazy rich, I am from Czech republic, where average salary is much lower than let's say UK or Germany. But if I count correctly, I spent 50 EUR for ED. According to my Steam counter, I have approx. 500 hours of gameplay now. It is approx. 50/500 = 0.1 EUR per hour. 10 cents per hour is a pretty cheap fun I think.
Now, I bought the lifetime pass for 120 GBP. If I will play ED-what ever till a new Elder Scrolls game will be finished (approx. 2017) I bet that I will have more than 2000 hours of gameplay. 120/2000 = ? Six pences per hour ? Also pretty cheap fun I think.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom