News ANNOUNCING ELITE DANGEROUS: HORIZONS

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
From the FAQ page:

I'm a Lifetime Expansion Pass holder, do I get access to Elite Dangerous: Horizons?
Absolutely. You're entitled to every expansion we release for Elite: Dangerous!

Do I also get to try the beta of Elite Dangerous: Horizons?
Yes. The Lifetime Expansion Pass also grants access to the beta of the Elite Dangerous: Horizons expansion season when it's available.

https://support.frontier.co.uk/kb/faq.php?id=164

This information seems to be at odds with what has been said in this thread. Can we get some confirmation that what is in the FAQ is correct? As a regular beta backer but a holder of the lifetime expansion pass, do I get access to the beta?

Last edited:
Petition proposal: Let's create a new national "holiday" in 2015, so we get Horizons sooner.

Actually.. There is a holiday at the end of this month, August bank holiday! Soon, perhaps we'll get Horizons then!*

(*note to Frontier, please be clear "what" holiday you mean and if you mean Christmas, say Christmas. Mucho thanks!)

175 euros for the lifetime pass is kinda steep :D But then again, I've put a buttload of hours into this game already!
Can anyone tell me if the lifetime pass will grant me access to other content like the soundtrack? Pretty much everything that came with limited editions of the game.
Also does the lifetime pass gives us access to the beta?
I own the Merc Edition, bought it back in December, t'was a pre-order thing....

Sorry if all of this has been asked before, it is 60+ pages on this thread alone!

Last edited:
Maybe - but Mars has an atmosphere so isn't landable in Elite Dangerous: Horizons.

Michael

Do you mean initially, or does that mean that planetary landing won't be expanded to planets with atmospheres, and then life and civilization, within the scope of the season?

Actually.. There is a holiday at the end of this month, August bank holiday! Soon, perhaps we'll get Horizons then!*

(*note to Frontier, please be clear "what" holiday you mean and if you mean Christmas, say Christmas. Mucho thanks!)

There isn't here (Ireland), but I'm willing to relocate if it means I get Horizons sooner.

Michael Brookes

Game Director
So, apologies if this has been asked before, but I have a question regarding Steam; it's been stated that Horizons will come out on Steam "before the end of the year". Will this still be a pre-order or will it become available as Horizons full version comes out?

The reason I'm asking is that it's been said that for a limited time, those who preorder Horizons also get a Cobra Mk.IV - I would really like to know if it will be possible to get the ship through a Steam preorder at some point?

The pre-orders are only through our store, the steam release will be the released product. However if you already have the game and then buy Elite Dangerous: Horizons you will have access to the Cobra MkIV.

Michael

Quite right :D

Rimmer (on radio) : "Mayday"

"Mayday!"
I wonder why they call it Mayday?

It's only a bank holiday.
Why not "Shrove Tuesday", or "Ascension Sunday" ?

(on radio): "Ascension Sunday, Ascension Sunday!
Second Wednesday after Pentecost, second Wednesday after Pentecost ..."

Last edited:

Adam Woods

Executive Producer
Frontier
Did you eve make airfix models ..
On the front is a pic of the plane, the battle to play in ..

yet, inside the box, is a bunch of plastic bits!

So NO, there is no third person view in ED ..

BUT from the viewpoint of the pilot / buggy driver .. you CAN visit these places / do these things.
3rd person view in trailers is 100% valid.

I want to be totally geeky and try and guess which plane it is in the second picture - is it a Typhoon (or Eurofighter as they used to be called)?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom