News ANNOUNCING ELITE DANGEROUS: HORIZONS

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
The nimble SRV
moon hopper.jpg

Amazing news FD. Thanks for the continuing development of this awesome game. Should just about have limped back to Occupied Space by Christmas when this lands. Cheers :)

I don't want to sound like a moany naysayer - but does anyone recall the little people wandering around in the following clip (around 00:25) - I would like that please, and the dust!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISR4ebdGlOk

Did you eve make airfix models ..
On the front is a pic of the plane, the battle to play in ..

A50022.jpg

yet, inside the box, is a bunch of plastic bits!

1434_1_afx04036_1.jpg

So NO, there is no third person view in ED ..

BUT from the viewpoint of the pilot / buggy driver .. you CAN visit these places / do these things.
3rd person view in trailers is 100% valid.

Last edited:
Sorry I'm Confused Holiday?
This August Bank Holiday 31 Yeah
Summer bank holiday

25 December Friday Christmas Day
28 December Monday Boxing Day
1 January Friday New Year’s Day
25 March Friday Good Friday
28 March Monday Easter Monday
2 May Monday Early May bank holiday
30 May Monday Spring bank holiday

So which Holiday is it?
Quite offensive if it is Christmas, to people in the UK if you refer to it as Holiday.
they wouldn't do that would they?

I hope it is this Bank Holiday, must be.

The issue I have with this is that the dust is swirling as if there's an atmosphere.... Oh dear!

Are you sure about that? The sequence was way too fast and short for me, but even in vacuum you throw up dust if you drive like that, only the way and speed at which it falls down again is different (dust in vacuum falls as fast as any other object according to local gravity, while an atmosphere swirls it around and keep it suspended for a long time).

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure each expansion will be independent like all expansions.

For instance StarCraft 2: Wings of Liberty is Wings of Liberty. The expansion Heart of the Swarm is SC2: Heart of the Swarm and the upcoming expansion will be SC2: Legacy of the Void. It's an expansion, adding different additions on top of the base game. Choosing to skip this expansion will only cut you out of PL stuff. If you get the next expansion it won't be called Elite: Dangerous: Horizons: Expansion2NAMEHERE. When you do PL stuff you'll be playing Horizons. When you do space stuff in the base game you'll be playing Elite: Dangerous.

I'm seeing a number of backers, kickstarters and beta'ers saying this now. perhaps we should start a thread "Im a backer/Kickstarter with Standard beta and Lifetime Expansion. and would like to join the EDH:Beta", kind of a sign up form for all those interested in this so Frontier can see the people interested...

Just thought I'd quote the store page for the lifetime expansion pass;

For a limited time only, players will be able to purchase a Lifetime Expansion Pass granting access to all current and future Seasons of Elite: Dangerous. The Lifetime Expansion Pass also includes access to all Elite: Dangerous Beta builds to gain an early glimpse at upcoming game content before release plus exclusive content.

Now, I could be wrong and that this somehow misses the whole point and doesn't give access to the beta that has yet to even start, but....

Alright, might as well get a head-start on the complaining:

Planetary landings is a rocky start, and is a bit lacking in atmosphere. And the surface vehicle is very buggy. It's all downhill from here.. it'll never take off.

Alright, might as well get a head-start on the complaining:

Planetary landings is a rocky start, and is a bit lacking in atmosphere. And the surface vehicle is very buggy. It's all downhill from here.. it'll never take off.

Very appropriate avatar for the humour. :D

The Horizons Pack sounds great! Hopefully I can Pre-Order it on Steam.
When will it be able to Pre-Order on Steam?
I can't buy it on the website and I only have the Steam Version of Elite:Dangerous so it will be nice if you can pre-order or at least buy it on Steam!

Current player: € 50 for the game initially + € 37.5 for the game (again) and Horizons = € 87.5
Current Beta player: € 60 + € 55.4 = € 115.4
New player: € 50 for the game with Horizons.
New beta player: € 67.99
(And this is only the Pre-Order Price to DEC Dead Line)

[...]Elite Dangerous: Horizons includes all Elite Dangerous content to date[...] Before you say New Player must Buy both. EDH incl. the Main ED.

No, i will not Buy that^^ Funny how Frontier make Money and how Stupid the Buyer are :D

Okay Guys

Just to clarify...
We had three beta stages.

Alpha Closed Beta
Dates: Prior to the 30/05/14

Premium Beta (Premium Beta 1 and 2)
30/05/14 Premium 1
25/6/14 Premium 2

Standard Beta (Betas 1, 2, 3 and Gamma)
30/07/14 Beta 1 50LY Bubble (When I joined :( )
01/10/14 Beta 2 100LY x 30LY Capsule
29/10/14 Beta 3 350LY x 37LY Capsule, Player Interdiction added
22/11/14 Gamma 1 Bubble Removed
11/12/14 Gamma 2 Route Planning (100LY)

V.1.00 Final Release
16/12/14 (You know what that is)

If you were present before the standard beta (30/07) congrats, you have lifetime expansion and Horizons beta access.
Any time after that (Standard Beta) it's a big :( for you.

If you bought the life time expansion when it was first on sale then you get all expansions and betas.

Taken from the patch notes, FAQ and my sweet sweet memories of trading fish in my sidewinder between Aulin and Eranin in beta 1 :D

Last edited:
So, I have a question that I haven't seen a proper answer to. When they say "within the first year", what do they mean? Do they mean within the first year of release or within the first year of the alpha?
I'm just wondering since it's a bit unclear whether or not the free mkIV will be something that I get as well as a standard beta backer who, most likely, won't be able to buy the Horizons expansion until just after release.
Also, is it only the pre-order that includes the entire season of updates, or will the full release also be covering that?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom