Annoying things found In Elite Dangerous.

you make a good point.

I have a question regarding this.

Does frontier pay me to fix the game?

or

Do I pay them to fix the game ?

Keep in mind I still think this game has what I have been looking for in entertainment.

If you're interested in the game being improved, it would simply behoove you to make suggestions along with your critique.

As to them "paying you" and all, you're already investing your time in making lists- so why not take the extra step to make suggestions, too?

As an aside, you could always send them an invoice, if you prefer. ;)

23. Does it say throttle up or align with target? Align with target is if you use a HOTAS and it has a little drift in it one of you directional thrusters is still firing and will keep the FSD from fully engaging.
Everything else in total agreement.

I use 2 thrust master 16000m's. As far as i can tell there is no drift. If I were to guess I would say it's something to do with the Throttle, but I am not sure.

32. Another note to add. Once your nose hits the slot it registers you as exited the station. If you back up you no longer have a active docking request. You need to fully exit the station and get a certain distnace before exiting the station

Ok Fair enough. This one bothers me because of the following experience I had.

I was exiting the station in my Cutter (A big ship). I was halfway through the mail slot when I noticed that a T-9 was in my path and not obeying the rule to give way to larger ships. So I chose to be the more polite pilot and backed up out of Npc's way for NPc's entry. Obviously it doesn't matter weather they die or not. So as I back up, I get this Trespass message. Seems non realistic to me. Of course I can work around this, but do I have to ? Really??

34. I think this is where turret mining laser should come in. If using a prospector limpet. the laser and limpet should sync and let the laser run untill 1.The dist is out of power, 2.the asteroid is depleted, 3.you manually hit the button again to disengage it.

Agreed. Or at least something close to this.

34. Having to continually press the fire button while mining. This hurts my hand after a while. I would rather press and release, but still have the mining lasers shoot at the asteroid and Press again to stop. Ergonomic related.

I got tired of this too during mining. Not an internal fix/shortcut, but there are 3rd party key & input control script programs out there (ex: autohotkey (free)) that can solve this.

The other nitpicks listed I usually don't notice, may not experience, or don't have a problem with in my gameplay. Every game imo, has its particular common and individually perceived quirks.

Last edited:
Normal thing. Pads are reserved so when you leave the station you release it and make it free. So when you would want to dock again you need to ask for pad to be assigned. Don't see an issue here.

Try exiting halfway through the mail slot, then go back into the station (backwards ofc). Then you will understand what I mean.

Agree with most.

#34 - Yeah, when I needed to mine, that was a problem. But I have a macro keyboard and mapped a gaming key as an alternate fire button. Much better that way. You can probably do it with a regular keyboard as well.

Improper flight and docking procedure (guilty of that myself). Observe how NPCs dock - they fly straight from slot, hover ABOVE their pad and then descend. We should do the same. Sadly, pad orientation indicator doesn't appear at that height so we cannot tell if we already above pad or not so we need to fly low and get caught with warning.

Since there is no fine, just warning that clears a sec after, I'd say mildly annoying.

Ah. So you too think this is annoying. Thank you for saying so. So why not increase the delay for the warning just a bit? This would satisfy me. And the "proper way to dock" would still be in effect too.

If you think about it - rather logic. Interdicting ship tries to pull you out. Since he is behind you it's rather obvious he will pull you toward him.
There are more but my brain doesn't work properly atm so I can't name them.

If the interdiction movement was only subject by the interdicting ship then maybe this would make sense to me, but I am fighting this interdiction and my counter movements should effect this trajectory as well for realism. In my opinion.

16. Yes too bright. I like to see how much cash I have and that's almost impossible in a Cutter, still I suppose if I have a Cutter...

Thank you for saying so.

Minor annoyances that I faced:
- while browsing missions I need to compare photo of faction representative with photo on the list to tell which faction I'm currently browsing. There is no indicator which faction I clicked. Going from top to bottom I quite often select faction I already checked because of this.

Thank you. I find this annoying as well. Frontier could definitely do a better job at Highlighting Faction selecting and keeping our selection highlighted to help with this. I am sure there is an even easier way to do this. If your reading this Frontier, you know we work with a lot of data and need the ability to have it displayed in a organized manner that leaves no room for questions.

Agree with most, would like to expand on the following...

4) Can you clarify that?
Some missions that give me an extra reward or bonus opportunity if I complete by a certain time. The message arrives in my inbox with the text in Red stating the amount of time i have to complete it. meaning it has already expired and it just arrived in my inbox.

5) The button starts a large loading procedure, just click it once and wait. I have a MONSTER PC and its still not instant.

I am sure it does, but don't see why the button itself can indicate that it has been pressed immediately and then continue it massive procedures.

6) Never seen that, ever.
Really? Happens to me every cycle.

Compare the Missions Menu to the Passenger Menu. Keep your focus on the Time Display. You will notice that on the passenger menu it is darker.

8) Please elaborate

Sometimes the mission will show who the faction giver is, some will not. Some will show what faction this will effect, some do not. Understand? Compare the details of each mission you view and you will see what I mean.

9) That's a local issue
This does not happen on your PC ?

10) This is an old bug which is long fixed. Strange. Which station? Do you remember?

unfortunately, I do not.

15) This is your graphics settings, I can see the full interior from a long way out
Ok. Frontier created this graphic setting so... it should show sooner for me too no matter what graphic setting I choose.

Maybe something to do with Ships cabin lighting. I'm not sure. All I know is it is difficult to read the right panel while in the cutter.

18) Many would disagree with that, there was a huge thread recently complaining about getting interdicted on approach to a planet and then being unable to avoid smacjing into it, eating loads of time to get back to supercruise and start the approach again, not to mention hull damage.

What I mean is, watch the Compass blue dot. It always heads for center with hollow dot.

19) When you are approaching, set throttle to full at 100km out and leave it full (once you are 100km above the planet you cannot overspeed). Problem solved.

I Disagree.

22) Simply don't agree, it would KILL me if It kept arbitrarily zooming in.
Well... have you at least noticed that by being zoomed in it is easier to select the icons as opposed to being zoomed out and selecting the icons?

23) This is because of instancing and the fact that the game is P2P, not server/client. You have to wait til the owner of the session's computer has registered your jump. Playing in solo fixes this, but yeh, it's annoying.
Thanks.

24) No, it doesn't, it simply clears the video cache of all models, including the station (that's why you see the universe rotating), right before logging out. This is hardly annoying.

Ok. Agree to disagree on this one.

28) Definitely not the case on my game, I frequently start a Disco Scan while on the nav panel and switch to it during without interrupting the scan. I expect this is to do with your joystick or drivers of such.

Interesting. If there is truth to this, who would this fall on to fix for me? Frontier or Controller manufacturer?

30) Disable menu animations in the options, it helps
Ok. Sounds like it's worth a try ;)

32) Just clear the station straight away? Why are you reversing around the slot!??!
I was exiting the station in my Cutter (A big ship). I was halfway through the mail slot when I noticed that a T-9 was in my path and not obeying the rule to give way to larger ships. So I chose to be the more polite pilot and backed up out of Npc's way for NPc's entry. Obviously it doesn't matter weather they die or not. So as I back up, I get this Trespass message. Seems non realistic to me. Of course I can work around this, but do I have to ? Really??

33) Dude, please, don't make them get rid of the landing gear warning, I and many others are grateful for it. Some ships take ages to put their gear down (I'm looking at you Imperial Courier), so the reminder is great for me.
Ok. I promise. (thumbs up).

And you forgot the worst one of all in my opinion...

35) In a system with multiple stars, why on earth can we not select which one we drop in at!? It is SO annoying to drop into a system at the 'primary' star which has NO objects around it, and have to fly 300kls to the star that has stuff around it. At least if we can't choose the star, make it drop out around the star with the most objects around it??

Good one ! Thank you.

If you have right of way in real life and you incorrectly yield it to someone else, and thus create a dangerous situation, you are liable and at fault. In your example, if you were not speeding, and you did not change course and instead hit the T-9 that failed to yield, yeah it would probably damage them and it would seriously suck, but you wouldn't be liable for that. Allowing someone else's misbehavior to cause you to also act incorrectly is not appropriate.

By deviating from procedure and backing up instead of continuing and hitting them, you created a situation where 2 ships were not acting appropriately, doubling the dangerous potential of the situation for everyone except for the pilot of the T-9.

Last edited:
Running into a ship in the slot, regardless of right of way usually results in a reckless flying fine.

Damned if you do or don't. ED is a cruel mistress.[yesnod]

The most annoying thing i ever experience, is not the dirty canopy (what is that thing made of? Super glass?) or the off center cockpit on the fdl,(i actually kinda like it) its those small ejection cones that most white dwarfs have, the cone barely stick out and i hit the exclusion zone everytime, and if you get stuck in one theres a 90% chance you can kiss a sum of credits goodbye!

Last edited:
Wait whut? The game is essentially perfect according to some. :cool:

I agree with pretty much everything you've listed. And would add:

- the mouse cursor is stuck on for some reason until manually moved ever since 2.4 (my OCD is going crazy with this one)
- there's no indicator of the mode your in; there needs to be some sort of subtle reminder if you're in open, solo, etc. (missing since launch)

Probably will think of few more...

If you read and agree with any of these items, Please say so.

What about if you don't agree with something in the OP?

I'm just asking because I don't agree with this:

1. The way we jump into a new ship. Sometimes we are forced to go through the whole docking process again after swapping ships in the shipyard. The wait is long enough to get into outfitting as it is.

Don't use "we". Inclusive language assumes everyone agrees with, wants to be or is engaged with your "opinions" (that actually don't enumerate any "solutions" so are pretty much irrelevant as you provide no positive ideas on "fixing" anything).

I won't give you any rep but at least you haven't slagged off the devs or Braben............... yet.

Obviously SC didn't work for you.

Top Bottom