Anthem

Does it mean that the numbers are even higher?

What it means is sales on PC or console aren't included with the exception of free give away hard copies included with sales of graphic cards, new consoles and the like. When was the last time you saw a retail outlet for hard copy PC games? I know some console players still prefer physical copies...no idea why, but there you are.

Even on Xbox....the only hard copy game I own out of a library of around 100 games is RDR2, which was an inclusion in the Xbox one X package I bought, all the rest are digital...same as practically everyone else these days, console or not.

If digital sales aren't included, the numbers posted mean absolutely nothing...

As for Anthem, I got it free with Origin Access premier, never paid a penny for it...which goes for all the major titles from EA that I play like BFV/BF1, FIFA 19 etc, but those are digital copies too.

Last edited:
Big update next Tuesday. 400+ changes and fixes, including some really nice ones like

Vanity chests in Strongholds.
Stronghold bosses have guaranteed Masterwork drop and higher chance of Legendary drop.
All chests and bosses drop more loot of higher quality
Access to the Forge without a loading screen from wherever within the Fort
+20% thruster time across the board for all javelins
Active events visible on Freeplay map
Daily legendary mission - a random story mission with higher difficulty and a boss + chest at the end (guaranteed high rewards)
No fog and doors to get stuck behind in Strongholds
Better underwater handling and better air/water transitions

Also the VAs finished recording and mo-capping work on next big content drop (so supposedly a story continuation)

Yay! :)

What it means is sales on PC or console aren't included with the exception of free give away hard copies included with sales of graphic cards, new consoles and the like. When was the last time you saw a retail outlet for hard copy PC games? I know some console players still prefer physical copies...no idea why,
Because they are great. Why should one exchange nice physical trinkets for fancy JPEGs on a screen and pay more for it?

That's good. Now the main concern is what EA is going to do at the end of April - they said they expect Anthem to sell 6 million units in six weeks.
I hope those were a ballpark figures and not a threat. :D

Add this up to the NPD numbers from last week and one can get the impression, that EA will continue to let BioWare finish this. Things certainly look a lot better than the internet wants to make us believe.

Add this up to the NPD numbers from last week and one can get the impression, that EA will continue to let BioWare finish this. Things certainly look a lot better than the internet wants to make us believe.

Bioware guys seem really confident about this, too, I have to say.
All in all, I believe in bright future in Anthem, especially after buying an artbook and realizing how much more they have planned. :)

I have been playing Anthem ONCE for about 3 hours, been disappointed the more I played and havent raised the motivation to log back in since. Guess I ll wait some more see if EA gets its act together. I just hope they ll stay true to their plans and add all the stuff they ve been touting about oh and NOT RUIN IT by riddling it with macro-transactions and greedy ingame coding in general. They should ve made it F2P from the get go if they are trying to squeeze as hard as they currently do.

Interesting Kotaku article, it's a long one but worth reading.

And a response from BioWare.

Unfocused development going nowhere, bad workplace environment, incompetent management, and a broken engine. That sounds like Star Citizen :D

Indeed, the first thing that went through my head after reading that article was that the post mortem for SC will read very similar.

By now they should have had already new content advertised, new javelins upcoming etc. Seems like they went full focus on bugfixing / QOL-gameplay improvements.
I must admit i didn't watch closely the development after launch but i see most people saying there's nothing to do after reaching masterwork.
In contrast, Warframe has so much stuff to do i never get to finish all i plan in a gaming sesssion.

By now they should have had already new content advertised, new javelins upcoming etc. Seems like they went full focus on bugfixing / QOL-gameplay improvements.
I must admit i didn't watch closely the development after launch but i see most people saying there's nothing to do after reaching masterwork.
In contrast, Warframe has so much stuff to do i never get to finish all i plan in a gaming sesssion.
They need to introduce that dynamic world they were hinting. And they need to re-think and deepen their crafting system.
So far I've been happy with the responsiveness with which they are fixing and tweaking things and I still have stuff to do after 100 hours. So there's that. But yeah, so far it looks like one of those games I come back to twice, thrice a year, rather than playing it continuously.

Just adding something about the Kotaku blurb: the talk about bad tooling around the engine sounds exactly like Destiny (both first and second) where it was one reason why the game was very slow to get new content and failed to do the many small updates in quick succession that were originally promised for D2 after Bungie threw all development out mid-project and reverted to the abysmal tools they had for D1.

I just wonder if Anthem will recover from this really bad start and eventually turn into the game it was supposed to be or if EA will simply abandon it, write it off as a loss and attempt the whole thing in Anthem 2. Right now I feel its not worth my time, I havent been back to it after my initial 3 hour session.

I just wonder if Anthem will recover from this really bad start and eventually turn into the game it was supposed to be or if EA will simply abandon it, write it off as a loss and attempt the whole thing in Anthem 2.

It will be both - they will fix most of the issues (pretty sure the team is doing it as we speak) but then call it Anthem 2 and charge us yet another full price for it. Sorry but I cant be less cynical with EA these days.

It will be both - they will fix most of the issues (pretty sure the team is doing it as we speak) but then call it Anthem 2 and charge us yet another full price for it. Sorry but I cant be less cynical with EA these days.

Nah, it's not EA, it's the whole service as product mentality in the industry. People will get fatigued with it sooner or later.

So basically purchasing Anthem will be a complete waste of money...thats what I was afraid of.

The division 1 also had a shaky release but improved a lot over the years even tho the improvement speed was slow and often frustrating for an active placer. At least I bought a game that desered to be played even if it still had shortcomings, it turned out to be a good game eventually. As to your response thats probably not going to happen with Anthem. Shame.

Top Bottom