Anti Xeno Combat Initiative and Ship Outfit Suggestions for All

Has anyone tried killing a Cyclops using a Krait with 3 C3 Shard Cannons and 2 Flak cannons? I figured it that might be a good boom and zoom build for me, since I still can't aim the railguns for crap until I get the HOTAS online.

I'd just like to know if this a valid build concept before I get too far in the actual build/engineering. I've already wasted a lot of time and money on a T-10, a dedicated Anaconda, and was partially done with a dedicated (2nd) FDL for Thargoid hunting when the Krait was released. It looks like the Shard cannons will offset my lack of fine aim. And the Krait has the speed to get away.

Am I wrong or is this workable? Should I go 3 C3 Shards, 1 C2 Shard, and 1 Flak instead?

just two

Has anyone tried killing a Cyclops using a Krait with 3 C3 Shard Cannons and 2 Flak cannons? I'd just like to know if this a valid build concept before I get too far in the actual build/engineering. I've already wasted a lot of time and money on a T-10, a dedicated Anaconda, and was partially done with a dedicated (2nd) FDL for Thargoid hunting when the Krait was released. It looks like the Shard cannons will offset my lack of fine aim. And the Krait has the speed to get away. Am I wrong or is this workable? Should I go 3 C3 Shards, 1 C2 Shard, and 1 Flak instead?
"Krait with 3 C3 Shard Cannons and 2 Flak cannons"..I tried that and you can take down a cyclops...but I found the canopy to weak to handle staying in tight consistently (or doing boom and zoom). I found that only one flak cannon is needed .... so one flak cannon, 2 x Gauss cannon on the right side and 2 x large Shard Canon on the left gives me more options. I normally end the fight with 60-40 % hull left. Sometimes more and sometimes less. I stuck a 3a Auto-Filed maintenance unit in and use it when I screw up and lose too much canopy. Found it more useful than anything else in that 3 slot. YMMV That build is pretty entertaining for me....but have an Anaconda in reserve that is much easier to kill Goids with

Has anyone tried killing a Cyclops using a Krait with 3 C3 Shard Cannons and 2 Flak cannons? I figured it that might be a good boom and zoom build for me, since I still can't aim the railguns for crap until I get the HOTAS online.

I'd just like to know if this a valid build concept before I get too far in the actual build/engineering. I've already wasted a lot of time and money on a T-10, a dedicated Anaconda, and was partially done with a dedicated (2nd) FDL for Thargoid hunting when the Krait was released. It looks like the Shard cannons will offset my lack of fine aim. And the Krait has the speed to get away.

Am I wrong or is this workable? Should I go 3 C3 Shards, 1 C2 Shard, and 1 Flak instead?

afaik, gluttony fang goes with 2x gauss in med slots, 2x c3 shards and 1 flak in the three large slots to fight thargoids in his streams, and i think thats the most reasonable combination for his skills.
personally, i would go with plasma chargers instead of shards, because longer range (matching my poor flying skills)

Ok, it looks like somebody made it work using a Krait, 4 Shard Cannons, and 1 Flak. So I'll try that first:

[video=youtube_share;xtYJJN00U4s]https://youtu.be/xtYJJN00U4s[/video]

has anyone tried AX dumbfire turrets vs. scouts yet?

the dumbfires do nice damage, but i just can't land many hits with the fixed ones, so i wondered how well the turrets aim.

has anyone tried AX dumbfire turrets vs. scouts yet?

the dumbfires do nice damage, but i just can't land many hits with the fixed ones, so i wondered how well the turrets aim.

Dont they run into the same issue of not actually being Automated? I recall them not being automated and requiring crew, though I would happily be proven wrong as I love the way they look.

Edit: Went searching and havent found anything saying they dont work so Ill test it later provided no one beats me to it XD

Edit 2: Tried them out, they do track and fire in there own, but miss around 70% of the time due to their horrible speed. And only the large versions have enough ammo to really be used outside of one engagement, especially with how much they miss, I would skip these.

Last edited:
Dont they run into the same issue of not actually being Automated? I recall them not being automated and requiring crew, though I would happily be proven wrong as I love the way they look.

Edit: Went searching and havent found anything saying they dont work so Ill test it later provided no one beats me to it XD

Edit 2: Tried them out, they do track and fire in there own, but miss around 70% of the time due to their horrible speed. And only the large versions have enough ammo to really be used outside of one engagement, especially with how much they miss, I would skip these.

thanks for testing.
so their turreted version is only marginal better then my own aim :D

(oh and yes, i was fighting two scouts with an I-Eagle with one fixed AX missile)

I have 1 large ax mc and 3 gauss guns on the challenger and scouts melt before me.

Only time I have an issue is if I get a NHSS that is only scouts and they all launch a missile as soon as I arrive. Happened to me yesterday. I don't die, but lose a lot of shield right away and have to deal with that corrosion.

I have 1 large ax mc and 3 gauss guns on the challenger and scouts melt before me.

Only time I have an issue is if I get a NHSS that is only scouts and they all launch a missile as soon as I arrive. Happened to me yesterday. I don't die, but lose a lot of shield right away and have to deal with that corrosion.

By your description, it seems you entered a NHSS with one or more berzerkers.
They need to be killed ASAP. The inciters and the regenerators dont pose much threat and i usually treat them as any other marauder, but when the berzerker starts making noises and buffing the others, they all go into frenzy mode and start melting your shields pretty quick.

By your description, it seems you entered a NHSS with one or more berzerkers.
They need to be killed ASAP. The inciters and the regenerators dont pose much threat and i usually treat them as any other marauder, but when the berzerker starts making noises and buffing the others, they all go into frenzy mode and start melting your shields pretty quick.

Yes, there were. They immediately fired missiles. Can't kill them in less time than it takes to deploy.

Point defense does work, but it's not great. My old method for dodging missiles was to just boost away and wait for the point defense to shoot it down.

Do you know if it ws the PD working or just the missiles expiring? Because I tried waiting for PD to shoot them d9wn and theu never did before the missiles expired on their own.

Do you know if it ws the PD working or just the missiles expiring? Because I tried waiting for PD to shoot them d9wn and theu never did before the missiles expired on their own.

Hmm, good question, I remember watching one incident over my shoulder as the PD scattered shots all over the sky, but I looked back just as the missile exploded, and so I can't say for certain. I'll have to put a bunch back on and go and check.

On another note, does anyone know if Remote Release Flack works against missiles? I couldn't get a hit but that might just be me being bad.

Hmm, good question, I remember watching one incident over my shoulder as the PD scattered shots all over the sky, but I looked back just as the missile exploded, and so I can't say for certain. I'll have to put a bunch back on and go and check.

On another note, does anyone know if Remote Release Flack works against missiles? I couldn't get a hit but that might just be me being bad.

I should get a look at it too.

Amd I dont think so, I mean that would be cool so of course not

Top Bottom