Ships Any new ships in Odessy?

It been a few times when I heard some rumors and speculations what new ships we may get in Odessy.
So far there are nothing solid I could find rearding this and FD seams to be silent about it.

But may be I missed something? Share your thoughts on this topic and any info you may have.

UDP: I just recall that FD have some plans to tweak ships we currently have in future "rebalnces" after Odessy is out.
Frankly, I am worred about that...

Last edited:
We don't know, all we have is one bit of concept art that might fit Odssey:
Panther_Clipper_Horizons_possible_concept.png

Typical answers are Imperial Explorer, Type-8 Transporter (medium pad) and a Clipper MkII with retractable nacelles (also medium pad).
  • Type 8... oh god it should be Type 7 for the Medium pad from the start. I would prefer if FD would simply rework Type 7, otherwise I have no idea why would anyone need it if there will be ship with similar cargo for medium pad. I just dont see where to fit it really.
  • Clipper MkII? Well, maybe.
  • Imperial Explorer on the other hand could be very intresting to see. We need some dedicated top tir explorer, not nessesary a large one...

In any case I will be glad to see any new additions to our fleet. I just hope FD would make them usefull and give some love to thouse ships that need it right now like Asp Scout and Type 7 and may be some els (I would add here Vette cos he need some stat tweks I think)

Having seen the skimmers and goliaths from an fps perspective I'd like to see pilotable versions of these for ground based shenanigans

Open positions for new ships:
1. Huge transport ship (Panther Clipper);
2. Medium Passenger SaudiKruger ship;
3. Medium Gutamaya Ship;
4. Type 8;
5. Mamba Lite;
6. Anti-Xeno Guardian-design ship;

Just to list a few... many more still missing.

I wish their was a carrier ship that could launch multiple fighters! Im a all or nothing type of guy and love swarms of things so swarms of little fighters would make me happy. I guess they would have to be special little drones & really weak for balance or you would have to hire 50 special pilot NPC's or something.

Im pretty new to ED, is there a dev stated reason for only being able to send out 1 NPC fighter?
I want a ton of little gadfly buddys :C

Top Bottom