Ships Any use for the dropship / Assault ship and gunship ?

I was thinking of a similar armour/shield setup for mine, but I've never used SCBs... Any advice?

Do they actually give more MJ to the shield or are they simply a way to recharge shield?

The latter. You get more MJs from shield boosters, Guardian shield reinforcements and certain engineering options.

My Dropship
LRV Beyond - Full PA

My Assault ship
LRV Winged Death - PA / MC PvP

My Gunship
LRV Shunned House speedlocked PA/Cannons

The latter two aren't really tested, the Dropship is. I have another one in the Bubble for AX duties.
It also makes an ok'ish miner.

So which one of that three is THE 'Federal Fighter'?
Or which one I should try first as I haven't any of them yet? ( where fun > efficiency)

So which one of that three is THE 'Federal Fighter'?
Or which one I should try first as I haven't any of them yet? ( where fun > efficiency)

FAS

Vulture on steroids.

I'd consider myself as "middling to fair" in PvE, but this one:

simply eats deadly/elite anacondas and corvettes.
The worst I've survived in this was anaconda and 2 corvettes at the same time (3 assassination targets at once).

I liked my dropship for mission running way back when. I brought it out of storage for core mining awhile back, just felt right as a core miner. Never tried the FAS or FGS

Love my fas. It's a dream fa on or off and a fast flippy constantly boosting nasty.
Mines all of the above. 3rd only to my krait ll (all frag cannons g5) and fdl (railer)

Note cargo hatch disabled hehe

Won't a Python do it better and can carry bigger cargo?
Yes on both counts. I used the dropship my first times core mining, figured it was smaller and nimble (engineered), and it‘s old and creaky sounding like a mining ship should be. i switched to my python later, then switched to LTD laser mining like everyone last year. ive kept the dropship specced for core mining though, it was fun and dropship needs a role in my fleet.

Just grabbed myself a discount FDS to see if I still like flying it....

Going full speed reverse (FA-off of course) and hitting 1 boost and end up at full speed forward, thats nice :)

Top Bottom