Anything New on the Way?

Obviously Covid-19 has thrown a curveball everywhere. Movies and TV shows are all delayed, and I assume it's similar with the gaming industry.

Of course, I wonder if we'll be getting any news soon. I have neither been active here nor played the game in a long time, but my interest was reinvograted by a recent trip to my local zoo. While the game still entertains me and I don't think it's bad by any measure, the lack of news is disconcerting. Even some kind of catch-up to say "we still have people working on this" would be nice. I don't think we need any details (though certainly some would like that), but I think we need something.

61oLxSgH79L._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

There is an upcoming DLC listed on Steam, but no info yet or a release date.

Personally, I’m hoping that there is a big update alongside the new DLC, introducing coat variation in some species. I keep getting excited every week, hoping info will drop, but I guess we have to keep waiting for a little longer.

Have to agree - doesn't seem like we've heard anything for ages. I totally understand that COVID has probably delayed things but it would be nice to know something.... I'm sure that Frontier have some reason for their strategy of not announcing anything until they have a firm release date and not giving away any plans but, gotta say, its really frustrating and, in my opinion, not the best way to operate. Would it really be such a bad idea to say something like: "Hey, we were planning to release a DLC a few weeks ago but COVID-19 has really slowed things down. Rest assured, we plan on releasing a new DLC in the next few weeks." or something like that.

I’m not too worried but I am starting to think that it would be good to hear something too.

Just an acknowledgement of where they are given that the expected 3-4 month window between DLCs means most of us are now wondering what’s going on.

Yep, the way community management is planned currently is frustrating. It's always complete silient, then some info-flood, then complete silience again. I too would like to know what they are working on regarding updates (with no set time frame, as covid messes up any time frame anyway) and just straight up honesty if things are delayed.

I know there are different teams working on each project and on bugs and such, but currently I almost feel like an elite player :LOL: All concentration in communication goes to the planco console version, while all other games are abondoned. PZ, PC PC, JWE, Elite... just streams.

I'm sure they are working their butts of in the background. But it doesn't help much when it's kind of invisible to the player base.

Due the long wait time I think that we have a big DLC with more features and improvements...

...I hope...

Rumours say yes, but I doubt. And it's really a question on what you consider bigger. 7 instead of 5 animals? Won't be bigger for me. A DLC that actually adds features and cpre game play: now THAT would be something. But I'm afraid the long waiting is just because of covid.

Due the long wait time I think that we have a big DLC with more features and improvements...

...I hope...

I don't think it's a very long wait compared to other Frontier's DLC.
If it were 6 months by now, I think that the idea for a bigger DLC is more plausible. (hope I'm wrong on this one)
Could be they listened to previous comments about DLC content and they include more in a DLC - which also translates to a longer waiting period.
As Moonfox (and many others) pointed out, there's an unknown app in the steamdb page of PZ.

Tbh, was expecting a teaser somewhere in July but I think the whole COVID-19 situation is affecting every industry.

I too would like to know what they are working on regarding updates
I know I'm on the minority on this one, but I don't want to know. For fixes/bugs : Yes. For new features/content: No.

Yep, the way community management is planned currently is frustrating. It's always complete silient, then some info-flood, then complete silience again. I too would like to know what they are working on regarding updates (with no set time frame, as covid messes up any time frame anyway) and just straight up honesty if things are delayed.

I know there are different teams working on each project and on bugs and such, but currently I almost feel like an elite player :LOL: All concentration in communication goes to the planco console version, while all other games are abondoned. PZ, PC PC, JWE, Elite... just streams.

I'm sure they are working their butts of in the background. But it doesn't help much when it's kind of invisible to the player base.

Rumours say yes, but I doubt. And it's really a question on what you consider bigger. 7 instead of 5 animals? Won't be bigger for me. A DLC that actually adds features and cpre game play: now THAT would be something. But I'm afraid the long waiting is just because of covid.

I consider bigger from 10 to 20 animals, new mecanichs, new animal behaviors, new staff (park guides, like in one pic), new signal and banner, etc...

I consider bigger from 10 to 20 animals, new mecanichs, new animal behaviors, new staff (park guides, like in one pic), new signal and banner, etc...

A DLC of this size would be awesome, but it won't happen!

Personally, I don't think this DLC will be bigger than the previous ones. The time before Christmas or the first year anniversary is a more realistic timeframe for a bigger DLC with maybe even a new mechanic like improved swimming and aquatic animals

I agree, the lack of any communication and not even a very vague roadmap is frustrating. I do not know of other companies that operate this way. Their daily tweets of screenshots or animal facts is almost insulting as it shows they do have the means and staff to communicate with us daily, but do not communicate anything meaningful except free ads for content creators usually.

Last edited:
They've posted about the new Community Challenge on Instagram today but nothing else, so I think we will sadly need to wait longer. I would even like it if they would release some Pictures even if it would be still one or two Weeks until the Release

Honestly as far as I'm concerned it's not even necessarily about DLC specifically. Even knowing if an update is coming would be nice. IIRC 1.2.5 didn't address all the issues people were having so I imagine there are still plenty of fixes that need to be worked out, and Frontier has in the past informed us when a new update is on the way or being worked on (I'm not talking 1.3.0 here, as those updates usually go hand-in-hand with DLC, but even a smaller patch like 1.2.6).

A DLC announcement would be nice, sure, but I accept that Frontier doesn't operate that way.

Top Bottom