Anything New on the Way?

@Detail50 I guess we all play games for different reasons maybe you prefer making workshop content or just taking advantage of the game’s ability to build almost anything you want. I can respect that but to me and many others this is a game changer. I’m sure more content is definitely planned but to be honest I’m just as excited for color variations.

We have been working on some new content - you can see a small snippet of something that will be included in the next update here: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/planet-zoo-colour-variation.552263/post-8634179
We'll be sharing more news on the upcoming update very soon!
Thank you very much for sharing :). I really appreciate it. I am very interesested in seeing what's to come. If everything in the new update is as good as these color variations, I'm very optimistic and excited as well!

A zoo game and you don't focus on animals? Sounds like the wrong game for you.

its a zoo builder, maybe its not for you then. it is as a zoo manager simulation, and hope, that it will not be turned into a animal-ineraction game, that puts too much focus on animal appearences. i hope frontier will go deeper in zoo-managemant features and less in cosmetics. i fear that, because it is suggested by some lately. it would make the game very fast very boring.

Last edited:
For you perhaps but I know for many people it would make the game very fast very much more enjoyable.
Yes, this has been a request from very many people since release and I am gladness it is getting attention as well. A zoo game should focus on animals as well as the zoo management itself. And the addition will certainly help the game from going stale or boring as quickly after the zoos have been built.

its a zoo builder, maybe its not for you then. it is as a zoo manager simulation, and hope, that it will not be turned into a animal-ineraction game, that puts too much focus on animal appearences. i hope frontier will go deeper in zoo-managemant features and less in cosmetics. i fear that, because it is suggested by some lately. it would make the game very fast very boring.

The primary function of zoos is animals, not building things. Everything else is in support of the animals. There should be more interaction with the animals than there currently is. Again, no matter what you want to put in bold after "zoo", it still is a zoo game which is focused on animals. If you want just a building sim there are plenty of others that do not involve animals.

So, what do you all think? How will communication go now? Quiet again for 2-3 weeks? Regular info bites? What would you like to see next?

For me, it would be DLC news or seeing variations of Indian Elephants or Llamas.

I’m sure it will be quiet till they make the announcement of the update. Question is will they present dlc(if indeed there is some) like the SA pack. I didn’t really mind that and it was a way to connect with the community. I’m psyched about the variants tho. The elephants,lions, and many others come to mind.

I think quiet until 1-2 weeks before DLC release. I don't think you should expect a regular stream of info.

Personally releasing too much pics of variations would be spoiling too much for the update. Having an update also means exploring new stuff.
I do want to see some connection between the issue tracker - "we are working on the most popular issues with clipping/loading/insert other issue etc."

Even if they just gave us some kind of monthly update like what they just did, that would be fine. But now we know an update is coming "soon". Likely Aug or September. I'd expect another month before anything else is mentioned, though they may expound on the variant coats in the meantime. Also likely that a DLC will come with/right after an update but if not, it is what it is.

So, what do you all think? How will communication go now? Quiet again for 2-3 weeks? Regular info bites? What would you like to see next?

For me, it would be DLC news or seeing variations of Indian Elephants or Llamas.

Based on past patterns, my assumption is:

- Announcement of Update 1.3.0 (includes the fur variations and maybe some other new features), plus a "hint" at more to come.
- Announcement of DLC (usually follows the Big Update announcement).
- Both released on the same day (as usual).

As always, though, due to Covid I don't want to actually adhere to this assumption. To be honest I had kind of assumed they were working on the colour variations hence the long period of silence, and previously they have said it would take a long time to come to fruition, but like you and others the silence stretched just a little too long for my comfort (hence why I started this thread). I think we'll have a period now of decent communication around this update and whatever else is to come with it, and then thereafter sporadic communication around various other small fixes (1.3.1, 1.3.2, and so on), and then silence again for a while until the next Big Thing.

I'm too pesimistic to read "a couple" exactly like 2 weeks, though that would be awesome.
I agree that some surprises for the update should be kept, but we really have a bunch of animals - so one or two more examples before release, if the update is more than two weeks away, would be cool. In general, I'd love some info crumb every two weeks, and may it just include what bugs they are currently hunting. Could also ease out some frustration with the issue tracker.

Top Bottom