Apology to Type 7 in Lave

Hello sir, I am CMDR Flagrant and my friend, CMDR Carvoe, just killed you in Lave. I was trying to pirate you, but he;s very new to piracy and shot out the last 6% of your hull... We didn't mean for that to happen. I hope you can accept the apology, I know it's just a game, but i know the feel of that.

Sorry again.

Hello sir, I am CMDR Flagrant and my friend, CMDR Carvoe, just killed you in Lave. I was trying to pirate you, but he;s very new to piracy and shot out the last 6% of your hull... We didn't mean for that to happen. I hope you can accept the apology, I know it's just a game, but i know the feel of that.

Sorry again.

I suggest leaving Lave cluster if you are pirating.

That's twice (nay, three times) I've seen you post that... why, are you some sort of Uber Policeman in the Lave constabulary? :)

Apologies if I'm supposed to "know who you are" sir, I simply have no idea and you have piqued my curiosity! :D

Please be more observant, I employed the diction "suggest," and "if you are pirating." I don't think I am obliged to reveal my identity, though it's probably scattered somewhere on the forum.

My personal opinion: The advice is loaded and there is an agenda why you think the player should leave Lave for pirating.

Allow me to actually give a reason why:
The Lave cluster is heavy with people that are doing rare trade runs and have ships teched for long distance transport.
Makes it easier to pirate but the rewards are usually not as good since rare goods scale with distance from origin, if you do find someone on their way into the cluster they will almost never pay you.

However, as said above decide where you want to be yourself.

Also COOOOODDDDEEEEEE :) - Total guess here

What's a type 7 doing in Lave anyways. The system is completely rotten. Low demand for agricultural production items, low supply on all foodnstuffs.

Last edited:
My personal opinion: The advice is loaded and there is an agenda why you think the player should leave Lave for pirating.

The Lave cluster is heavy with people that are doing rare trade runs and have ships teched for long distance transport.
Makes it easier to pirate but the rewards are usually not as good since rare goods scale with distance from origin, if you do find someone on their way into the cluster they will almost never pay you.

Yes he is a Code coward. Last time I looked Lave belonged to the Alliance and wasn't an anarchic state. Therefore everyone is allowed to do what they want there.

I lol'd at how successful the 'Code' were at trying to blockade the recent Diso CG. It was a non starter. But hey ho good luck to them but I dislike the threatening tones on the forum. Role play in the game by all means but we are all real people in this forum - time to grow up Code members and behave like adults.

And you would be right on your conjecture, both agenda wise and identity wise. Congratulations.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes he is a Code coward. Last time I looked Lave belonged to the Alliance and wasn't an anarchic state. Therefore everyone is allowed to do what they want there.

I lol'd at how successful the 'Code' were at trying to blockade the recent Diso CG. It was a non starter. But hey ho good luck to them but I dislike the threatening tones on the forum. Role play in the game by all means but we are all real people in this forum - time to grow up Code members and behave like adults.

You may use any adjective you'd like to describe CODE. I think your assumption that I disallow people from performing whatever action they would like in Lave to be uncalled for. Of course people are free to do what they wish, I provided mere advice as to what would be in the best interest of the OP as an independent pirate in Lave cluster. Which I am entitled to offer.

You may dislike us however you like, but I find your inability to distinguish a suggestion from a demand through the most literary display most... concerning. As if... ah, yes, a childish tantrum.

But again, you are entitled to act as your wish, good day sir.

Last edited:
And you would be right on your conjecture, both agenda wise and identity wise. Congratulations.

- - - Updated - - -

You may use any adjective you'd like to describe CODE. I think your assumption that I disallow people from performing whatever action they would like in Lave to be uncalled for. Of course people are free to do what they wish, I provided mere advice as to what would be in the best interest of the OP as an independent pirate in Lave cluster. Which I am entitled to offer.

You may dislike us however you like, but I find your inability to distinguish a suggestion from a demand through the most literary display most... concerning. As if... ah, yes, a childish tantrum.

But again, you are entitled to act as your wish, good day sir.

I suggest leaving Lave cluster if you are pirating.

Why do you suggest they leave the Lave cluster then?

Before we get into another accusation slinging contest we are hijacking the OP's thread.
I believe the argument is that you should have provided a valid reason instead of just suggesting leaving. I think sbdags is (rightly or wrongly) thinking that all you want is non-CODE pirates out of Lave and will argue for that no matter what.

On topic the player seems to have no problem pirating, just controlling his trigger finger a little in the final few % of hull ;)

There are things called induction, deduction, ampliative inference, and abduction. Utilize them in the given order when reading through my previous reply will provide you with what you seek.

- - - Updated - - -

Before we get into another accusation slinging contest we are hijacking the OP's thread.
I believe the argument is that you should have provided a valid reason instead of just suggesting leaving. I think sbdags is (rightly or wrongly) thinking that all you want is non-CODE pirates out of Lave and will argue for that no matter what.

On topic the player seems to have no problem pirating, just controlling his trigger finger a little in the final few % of hull ;)

I am very pleased to see a fellow intellectual. I agree that the OP is most sincere in his thread, therefore I believed he deserved a friendly suggestion that will assist him in his future endeavors.

Last edited:
Someone tell that fool of a T7 pilot to stop trading in that cluster, it's not worth it even without the rampant psychopaths and pirates killing and stealing.

Someone tell that fool of a T7 pilot to stop trading in that cluster, it's not worth it even without the rampant psychopaths and pirates killing and stealing.

I would do that, but considering I am the later of what you consider to be the reason that it is not worthy to be in the cluster, I say that T7 pilot should come back, with cargo.

Pfft!
Code-fish are all talk, no muscle from my experience. :)
Run and Combat-log like the best of them as soon as they come up against any sort of resistance. :D

They are currently my favored-enemy for lol-hunting! Heh!

Pfft!
Code-fish are all talk, no muscle from my experience. :)
Run and Combat-log like the best of them as soon as they come up against any sort of resistance. :D

They are currently my favored-enemy for lol-hunting! Heh!

Let me get this out of the way first, you are lucky your avatar strikes my fancy, I won't handle you as harshly.

Good sir, have you considered that there are people running around claiming to be CODE and grieving? Nevertheless... Please provide me with names of Commanders in PM for me to confirm their legitimacy (Hah... for the 9001th time I'm going to face-palm as I look at a foreign name). We do run if we are out-gunned, out-numbered, over-powered. We aren't upholders of battle-honor in case that is not obvious from our reputation of being pirates. We honor only our empirical code, and luxury. Therefore excuse us for reacting to situation rationally and not stare at insurance claim screens over and over.

There is no combat-logging members to my knowledge, if there is, severe consequences come as a result of it (haven't seen one yet).

"Any resistance." Hah... there's loose diction, and this may be the loosest I have seen, but you are entitled to it. I would like to disagree, however, at least from my observation.

I am more than happy to be someone's favorite (just phrasing it this way puts a smile on my face) enemy considering the amount of hatred we deal with on a daily basis and the death threats/hate mails that come in our way.

Good day sir, I will be waiting for that PM, which will probably never come considering ninety-nine percent of the time people just throw accusations around for the fun of it. Nothing wrong with it, just that nothing productive comes of it.

Top Bottom