Apology to Type 7 in Lave

Please provide me with names of Commanders in PM for me to confirm their legitimacy (Hah... for the 9001th time I'm going to face-palm as I look at a foreign name).

There is no combat-logging members to my knowledge, if there is, severe consequences come as a result of it (haven't seen one yet).

Good day sir, I will be waiting for that PM, which will probably never come considering ninety-nine percent of the time people just throw accusations around for the fun of it. Nothing wrong with it, just that nothing productive comes of it.

Good to know, Ma'am. (I assume, since you said in another post you weren't a guy... ;) )
The next time I come across one, I'll be sure to let you know... though Naming and Shaming makes this awkward outside of PMs, of course.

It's a lawless universe out here - the accusations come thick and fast. I would hope that if Cod want a reputation, they can handle a few false ones if they come up... ^_^

Though I would possibly be more concerned (if I were them) over the number pretending they are members (if that is truly the case) and be focusing their attentions on hunting those usurpers down rather than bothering with simple traders who pose no threat...

:D

DELETED

I am more than happy to be someone's favorite (just phrasing it this way puts a smile on my face) enemy considering the amount of hatred we deal with on a daily basis and the death threats/hate mails that come in our way.

DELETED

Death threats and hate mails? Comes with the territory. Then again it seems you like being a hate figure. Why else do you pirate?

Good to know, Ma'am. (I assume, since you said in another post you weren't a guy... ;) )
The next time I come across one, I'll be sure to let you know... though Naming and Shaming makes this awkward outside of PMs, of course.

It's a lawless universe out here - the accusations come thick and fast. I would hope that if Cod want a reputation, they can handle a few false ones if they come up... ^_^

Though I would possibly be more concerned (if I were them) over the number pretending they are members (if that is truly the case) and be focusing their attentions on hunting those usurpers down rather than bothering with simple traders who pose no threat...

:D

If you don't find it comfortable naming and shaming in PM, then file a complaint on the complaint forum on Enjin if you find them irritating.

The assumption of having only two genders to choose from is a little demeaning for the modern culture, don't you agree?

Our reputation is already quite noticeable, therefore we are trying to dismiss negative ones as much as possible.

We are a pirate group after all, our priority is cargo, then we worry about impostors later. Cargo is something easily obtainable, tracking down impostors with no help from any accusers on the other hand, well you can probably predict the outcome.

- - - Updated - - -

Death threats and hate mails? Comes with the territory. Then again it seems you like being a hate figure. Why else do you pirate?
Pirate as a profession is the most contributing in terms of player-generated content. Of course I am not as naive to think that there is no consequence of it. However there is legitimate complaints of having one's cargo partially robbed, then random accusations and falsified claims that we work to dismiss.

We expect discontent from the community, but not indiscriminate hatred.

Last edited:
Deleted

We expect discontent from the community, but not indiscriminate hatred.

I speak in the context of ED being a harmless sandbox. Players interact in any way they see fit with no real world consequences. If a player is being harassed outside of ED then I do take issue with that.

So a death threat would mean, "if I see you in-game I won't hesitate to open fire" or "I will chase you to the end of the galaxy until you are dead". I'd describe that as harmless as long as talked about in-game.

The assumption of having only two genders to choose from is a little demeaning for the modern culture, don't you agree?

Not really.
Statistically it is likely to be one or the other. There are fringe cases but logic dictates that this is a reasonable assumption to make.
Theres simply nothing wrong with making that assertion other than irrational offense.

Why do you suggest they leave the Lave cluster then?

I hear that veiled threats are all the rage with children these days.....

(self redacted comment)

You have no claims on a lawful member of the Alliance and will only be able to push so far before people get organized and push back.....something to keep in mind.....oh look.....a veiled threat of my own.....I am now in the cool club!

On topic, I found the apology to be in rather good taste and applaud you for your public display and it is awesome to know that pirates (at least some) are being taught that you can get what you want without necessarily causing another player unnecessary setbacks. I am not the pilot in question, but an offer to serve as a wingman for a bit would probably be welcomed.

Last edited:
I speak in the context of ED being a harmless sandbox. Players interact in any way they see fit with no real world consequences. If a player is being harassed outside of ED then I do take issue with that.

So a death threat would mean, "if I see you in-game I won't hesitate to open fire" or "I will chase you to the end of the galaxy until you are dead". I'd describe that as harmless as long as talked about in-game.

I agree to an extent, but I won't go into psychology too much since that takes too long and probably 0.1% of people will understand. Considering most people cannot understand some of the basic philosophies.

What I tried to argue for is that we are a player group, as well. Therefore we hold the right to clear our names and display our dismay with inaccurate accusations/flaming/etc. And some of these "threats" definitely left the game level, but due to privacy and legal issues I won't disclose them, obviously.

There are things called induction, deduction, ampliative inference, and abduction. Utilize them in the given order when reading through my previous reply will provide you with what you seek.

Couldn't stop thinking of the Neo meets the Architect scene from the Matrix.

Look, I have no part in this debate nor any interest in the system, but I think you should agree a time and place and dogfight.

All of you. At once. Do it.

I agree to an extent, but I won't go into psychology too much since that takes too long and probably 0.1% of people will understand. Considering most people cannot understand some of the basic philosophies.

Carl Sagan is rolling in his grave at the kind of anti-intellectual statement expressed here. Make use of that thesaurus of yours to better explain complex concepts and anyone will understand you. Lording over the "dummies" is not something I consider a valuable use of my knowledge, and perhaps you'll come around to that viewpoint when you have enough life experience to temper that raw knowledge into genuine wisdom.

I suggest leaving Lave cluster if you are pirating.

I can't help but imagine the illuminati wolf character in your signature reading out your posts like the end bit of thundercats when they'd explain this episode's moral purpose. It adds a certain gravitas to the conversation. I'm not putting you down, I think you're adding to the richness of the game and forum by the way.

Carl Sagan is rolling in his grave at the kind of anti-intellectual statement expressed here. Make use of that thesaurus of yours to better explain complex concepts and anyone will understand you. Lording over the "dummies" is not something I consider a valuable use of my knowledge, and perhaps you'll come around to that viewpoint when you have enough life experience to temper that raw knowledge into genuine wisdom.

This is going to be a little off topic... but...

Carl Sagan's study lies in more of a scientific field. There are many arguments made against the unification of science and of course, the inclusion of social science. Psychology is considered a special science, but even then, there is no clear method to unify sciences in general. Even the micro-reduction promoted by Oppenheim and Putnam have flaws pointed out by Kitcher. I can go on and on about the unity of science, as well, but again, probably 0.001% will understand this time around.

While I appreciate the optimistic perspective that promotion of knowledge to all should be an active role of anyone in possession of knowledge, but only to an extent.

You are right in that I may change my perspective for that I am still under twenty years of age. However, doing what I am doing and being assertive about my perspectives are principles I hold firm to.

I personally believe epistemology is something an individual must undertake as a personal endeavor. People can motivate or encourage the behavior, but the counter argument must also be considered. There are people who are entirely against epistemology and claim knowledge to be the true deviation from true human nature, which makes me hesitate before attempting to forcefully educating others. (Not to mention the indolent nature of humanity, which doesn't carry moral/ethic values and shouldn't be assessed with these simple affinities)

I certainly admit that not being able to translate complex concepts into simplistic language is a lack of ability and experience. However, even professors make students read through dense materials, no one will bother to go through the heavy/dense material that many before them had to venture through just to gain that knowledge if everything is spoon-fed.

Also, people like to discredit one another, therefore namedropping/referring to theories are better than just articulating in a paraphrased manner.

Back on topic,

In the plainest words I can think of, gaming is usually a stress-release method for people. When it loses that functionality, people will either turn away from gaming or become obsessed with it and treat it as if it is real life.

Losing a contributing player group is certainly not something we want, as long as it contributes more than it destroys (Yes, talking about CODE here). Or that the group may suffer from the amount of negative reputation to the point of generating an apathetic attitude toward the playerbase, which will make it ruthless and consider less for the community. Then that can decay into grieving just to vent the annoyance gathered from the community.

I don't think either is healthy for the game. One side we are losing a large chunk of player-generated content, on the other side the player-generated content becomes toxic and actually more destructive than contributing.

I don't know if that made any sense, it felt shallow to me, but that's the best I can do.

Last edited:
There are things called induction, deduction, ampliative inference, and abduction. Utilize them in the given order when reading through my previous reply will provide you with what you seek.

- - - Updated - - -

I am very pleased to see a fellow intellectual. I agree that the OP is most sincere in his thread, therefore I believed he deserved a friendly suggestion that will assist him in his future endeavors.

Couldn't stop thinking of the Neo meets the Architect scene from the Matrix.

Sounds like a lot of, what I would term, condescending old tosh. I dislike the tone even more now. But thanks for entertaining me!

I might start a rival group called CODE-BUSTERS! Who ya gonna call? I can hear it now ... ;)

I can't help but imagine the illuminati wolf character in your signature reading out your posts like the end bit of thundercats when they'd explain this episode's moral purpose. It adds a certain gravitas to the conversation. I'm not putting you down, I think you're adding to the richness of the game and forum by the way.
O -O... Thanks?

I wasn't sure if you were talking about Bavarian Illuminati as the person or the pop-culture reference of illuminati. If the former, I'm lost, if the latter, I don't recall the pop culture having anything to do with a pentagram...

But I will take a compliment any day of the week, so thanks again :eek:

- - - Updated - - -

Not really.
Statistically it is likely to be one or the other. There are fringe cases but logic dictates that this is a reasonable assumption to make.
Theres simply nothing wrong with making that assertion other than irrational offense.

Make sense, you stated it as an assumption after all.

From your perspective if you subscribe to a less-politically accurate method of categorizing people's gender, this is rational.

My political science perspective/background was probably what triggered the instinctual response.

Last edited:
Sounds like a lot of, what I would term, condescending old tosh. I dislike the tone even more now. But thanks for entertaining me!

I might start a rival group called CODE-BUSTERS! Who ya gonna call? I can hear it now ... ;)

Well we welcome the competition, since it generates more player content and is more interesting.

Though try not to use that sort of a name for a user name on FD forum though, I heard the last person that tried it got banned and started a thread on Reddit accusing a FD dev being a part of CODE and granting us special favors.

If you view it as condescending I won't stop you, but it logically follows from one another.

I'll explain if that makes you feel better. Induction is the idea that you extrapolate form a certain event and stipulate a general rule, while deduction is utilizing that general rule and applying it to a specific event. Ampliative inference is similar to when you wake up in the morning tomorrow and don't expect to fall into a blackhole all the sudden because every previous morning you woke up you didn't fall into a blackhole (basically applying deduction and inference). Technically you don't have the knowledge that you won't fall into a blackhole when you wake up tomorrow in the morning but you are making an inference based assumption that you won't fall into a blackhole. Abduction is the idea that say a person angrily storms into a room full of people, and you are one of them, he charges at you and tries to attack you but you don't know him. Using the abductive argument will provide you with a vague, reasonable conclusion as to why this person is attacking you (maybe he's going after the wrong person since you don't know him).

Now apply this to my replies to your inquires and you will arrive at a conclusion very close to what fellow peers in this thread have already discovered.

So no, I'm just giving you the tools to solve your own question.

Top Bottom