Apology to Type 7 in Lave

This is going to be a little off topic... but...

Carl Sagan's study lies in more of a scientific field. There are many arguments made against the unification of science and of course, the inclusion of social science. Psychology is considered a special science, but even then, there is no clear method to unify sciences in general. Even the micro-reduction promoted by Oppenheim and Putnam have flaws pointed out by Kitcher. I can go on and on about the unity of science, as well, but again, probably 0.001% will understand this time around.

While I appreciate the optimistic perspective that promotion of knowledge to all should be an active role of anyone in possession of knowledge, but only to an extent.

You are right in that I may change my perspective for that I am still under twenty years of age. However, doing what I am doing and being assertive about my perspectives are principles I hold firm to.

I personally believe epistemology is something an individual must undertake as a personal endeavor. People can motivate or encourage the behavior, but the counter argument must also be considered. There are people who are entirely against epistemology and claim knowledge to be the true deviation from true human nature, which makes me hesitate before attempting to forcefully educating others. (Not to mention the indolent nature of humanity, which doesn't carry moral/ethic values and shouldn't be assessed with these simple affinities)

I certainly admit that not being able to translate complex concepts into simplistic language is a lack of ability and experience. However, even professors make students read through dense materials, no one will bother to go through the heavy/dense material that many before them had to venture through just to gain that knowledge if everything is spoon-fed.

Also, people like to discredit one another, therefore namedropping/referring to theories are better than just articulating in a paraphrased manner.

Back on topic,

In the plainest words I can think of, gaming is usually a stress-release method for people. When it loses that functionality, people will either turn away from gaming or become obsessed with it and treat it as if it is real life.

Losing a contributing player group is certainly not something we want, as long as it contributes more than it destroys (Yes, talking about CODE here). Or that the group may suffer from the amount of negative reputation to the point of generating an apathetic attitude toward the playerbase, which will make it ruthless and consider less for the community. Then that can decay into grieving just to vent the annoyance gathered from the community.

I don't think either is healthy for the game. One side we are losing a large chunk of player-generated content, on the other side the player-generated content becomes toxic and actually more destructive than contributing.

I don't know if that made any sense, it felt shallow to me, but that's the best I can do.

Wow, you are the living madeleine of my university days.

Damned to hell those free radicals. :(

(...or perhaps not...) :p

Last edited:
Yes he is a Code coward. Last time I looked Lave belonged to the Alliance and wasn't an anarchic state. Therefore everyone is allowed to do what they want there.

I lol'd at how successful the 'Code' were at trying to blockade the recent Diso CG. It was a non starter. But hey ho good luck to them but I dislike the threatening tones on the forum. Role play in the game by all means but we are all real people in this forum - time to grow up Code members and behave like adults.
The pirates were fun in Diso my Anaconda had the ability to jump back out if they grouped up and if the guy was alone for a bit I hit hard. Then they dropped off disappeared but on a sad note lav is for new players as the rare trade routes are not profitable for bigger players. Game mechanics could easily be designed to protect new players with faster NPC police response to newer players in trouble just until they get their bearings into the game.

O -O... Thanks?

I wasn't sure if you were talking about Bavarian Illuminati as the person or the pop-culture reference of illuminati. If the former, I'm lost, if the latter, I don't recall the pop culture having anything to do with a pentagram...

But I will take a compliment any day of the week, so thanks again :eek:

LOL yeah I was talking about the pop culture illuminati. I can't say I meant it in any real detail, it's just that the wolf just looks kind of mysterious like the illuminati, perhaps a more mysterious and arcane cousin of Panthero. I made the mistake of assuming you were a crusty old time 80's player, but now I know you're not. The thundercats reference is probably wasted, it would only be funny to people who remember it from their childhood.

LOL yeah I was talking about the pop culture illuminati. I can't say I meant it in any real detail, it's just that the wolf just looks kind of mysterious like the illuminati, perhaps a more mysterious and arcane cousin of Panthero. I made the mistake of assuming you were a crusty old time 80's player, but now I know you're not. The thundercats reference is probably wasted, it would only be funny to people who remember it from their childhood.
Sorry, not even twenty of age, yet.

Though I still appreciate it, and I'm sure someone must have picked up on it reading this thread.

Wow, you are the living madeleine of my university days.

Damned to hell those free radicals. :(

(...or perhaps not...) :p

Uh...

That brought up some bad memories for me... University days...

Those tortuous hours that I had to sit through listening to neuroscience/nano tech/geography...

Makes me shiver just by the thought of it...

Last edited:
Top Bottom