Notice April Update - Known Issues (24/04/2019)

Hello Commanders,

We have been monitoring the feedback you've been making here on the forums, across social media and on the Issue Tracker. We wanted to give you an update on some of the concerns and bugs that have been raised.
  • Drag Munitions
    • Based on your feedback, we will revert the change that we made to Drag Munitions, changing them back to how they worked prior to the April Update. However, this is something we may look to revisit in the future.
  • Frame Rate Issues
    • We believe the cause of this is down to the 'FX Quality' setting in the graphics options. We're currently investigating a fix for the issue, but would recommend lowering your graphics settings in the meantime.
  • We are also investigating fixes for these known issues:
    • SRV damage multiplying when in multiplayer sessions
    • Module priorities resetting
    • Shield module turning on (after previously being deactivated)
    • ‘Restock All’ quick option not functioning
    • Buying/selling commodities is now faster – whilst using a mouse it will incrementally speed up, and when selling it will default to the maximum amount you have in your hold
We are not able to give you an exact date on when the patch with these fixes will be deployed, but aim to release it next week. As mentioned, investigations for these fixes are ongoing so times are subject to change.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Thanks Will, this is just the kind of information I was looking for. Acknowledgement with some basic details and a watch this space with a reasonable timescale. I hope you'll keep us updated in a similar fashion as the plan changes or updates.

When they released every single patch I've always thought have they ever tested what they've creating for a few times. Like it's impossible not to mention 40 fps drop... 10 cr refil button in the MAIN WINDOW, Mamba's landing gear bugging SINCE IT APPERANCE INGAME HALF A YEAR AGO... btw I can see that you're working, but please you can drop your updates 2 times less often, but including minimum of new bugs... PRAY FOR FRONTIER DEV like we are, players, living life from one update to another fighting new bugs trying not to kill ourselves

Great news! Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

One question: Will these upcoming changes/investigations be reflected on the new issue tracker as they progress? So far there's nothing classed as Acknowledged, Fixed, or By Design.

Hello Commanders,

• Frame Rate Issues
    • We believe the cause of this is down to the 'FX Quality' setting in the graphics options. We're currently investigating a fix for the issue, but would recommend lowering your graphics settings in the meantime.

Simply lowering the FX Quality setting has no effect with the FPS extreme drop problem. In order to get the FPS back to where it was on your system before yesterday's update, you need to set the FX Quality to: OFF

Just to add another bug, it looks to me like the remote-release flak launcher's graphics are not showing up when you fire it - ex, the celebratory fireworks don't show up.

Cheers!

The Replicated Man

T
I can't speak for Frontier, but I suspect they were trying to improve piracy (PvE and PvP) and give players a tool to corral NPCs. However, they either didn't consider the other implications, or they decided to run a silent Beta test with the live population as guenea pigs...probably a bit of both.
Yeah the sneakiness of it wasn't very nice. Was a last min announcement that few saw.

Well, this is what happens when you only leave 3 or so devs on the team, having to fix bugs and implement new features at the same time, with no or near zero resources left for QA and a fixed schedule to keep. IMHO 3.4 better should have matured for another month. And all of that is not the devs' fault, but simply how resource calculation can turn out in software projects. A beta would not have changed anything. The restock bug is so obvious it never should have passed the Quality Gate, as are the module config issues. If there was neither time nor resources to even fix such minor | basic things, better not dig deeper. Sadly, the same was basically already true about 3.3.

But then: even though 3.3 had really severe issues for weeks, it now is the thing we wish back. I'm confident the same will be true about 3.4 soon. And thanks, Will and others, for keeping us informed. Communication definitely got better on the FD side recently.

O7,
🙃

Top Bottom