Patch Notes Update April Update - Patch 1

Will Flanagan

Product Manager
Frontier
Greetings Commanders,

The Elite Dangerous servers will be offline for all platforms from tomorrow morning (2 May) starting at 09:30 AM (UTC) for approximately 30 minutes to apply a minor update containing fixes and improvements.

Thank you for your patience.

Please find the full patch notes below:

Commodities Market
  • Stopped allowing players to attempt to buy more goods from a market than it can actually supply
  • Increased the acceleration when choosing the quantity of commodity when buying or selling
  • The sell pop up now defaults to max amount of the chosen commodity you're carrying
  • If the player is currently docked at the station that is also set as the saved comparison market, the comparison column and its header will update and use the galactic average prices to calculate the profits
  • If the player doesn't have Horizons, planetary surface markets are not considered when looking for best prices in the 'also consumed by' / 'produced by' lists
Crashes/Stability
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when using the FSS mode
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when exiting the game
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when sat in a dock
Damage Balancing
  • Fixed issue that caused more damage to be applied to SRVs when in multiplayer sessions
Engineering
  • Reverted changes made to the Drag Munitions special in the initial April Update release
Exploration
  • Fix new Codex discovery notifications not displaying in the cockpit UI when proximity scanning or using the discovery scanner's system scan to discover all stars in a system
Galaxy Map
  • Added a background to the control key along the bottom of the screen, to increase readability whilst in lighter areas of the map
Inventory
  • Added in a decrease button when removing cargo from your ship, even when at 1, so that players can quickly select the maximum amount they hold
Knowledge Base
  • Fixed missing non-English VO for knowledge base articles
Main Menu
  • Fixed inconsistencies in options order between main menu and pause menu
Modules
  • Fixed the module tab not updating in real time when modules have been shut down due to power usage
  • Stopped module priorities being reset to 1 during FSD transitions
  • Stopped the Shield Generator module from turning back on (when deactivated) during FSD transitions
  • Removed the synthesis recipe that was being mistakenly applied to the Enforcer Cannon
  • Fixed an issue where Enforcer Cannons would erroneously report that they could carry more ammo than they could
Navigation Panel
  • Increased the font size for the remaining number of jumps
  • Fixed missing 'clear filter' option from the SRV
  • Bookmarked locations will now have an icon to show it's marked
  • Selection UI will now stop at the top and bottom of the list of locations, whilst scrolling through them. A subsequent press of the button will then wrap around to the top/bottom.
  • Added text to explain if a stellar body requires a permit
Performance
  • Fixed the frame rate loss when the 'FX' graphical setting was set to anything other than 'off'
Pilots' Federation District
  • Added system descriptions to the galaxy map
Pilot's Handbook
  • Fixed various typos and formatting issues
  • Added links from the mission detail screen to relevant handbook articles
  • Added an 'Exit' button which will quit out of the Codex completely, rather than go back one page
Player Journal
  • Include BodyName and radius in Status.json file, when in SRV
  • Fixed a bug in the ship loadout info after swapping modules

Starport Services
  • 'Re-stock all' option now works correctly
Supercruise Assist
  • Fixed the keybinding for toggling orbit lines on/off not working whilst Supercruise Assist is active
  • Fixed an issue that caused the 'target obscured' message to not appear when a Nav Beacon was obscured by a star
  • Stopped prompts appearing whilst in FSS mode
Server Fixes
  • Re-enabled Codex discoveries for terraformable and non-terraformable ammonia worlds
  • Implemented an automatic disconnect when a player is removed from a private group they're currently flying in
  • Fixed ellipsis character on the main menu news in Russian
  • Fixed faction reputation and career rank changes from completing objectives at installations, megaships and Conflict Zones
Server fixes released since April Update launched
  • Fixed a number of causes for unable to load Commander data from the main menu
  • Tiana Fortune's medium and large landing pads should now be usable again
  • Fixed the Galaxy Map's planet port commodity filter
  • Fixed a number of performance & stability issues

Sorry to be a pain but I now have problems. Twice in the last hour the game caused my computer to crash. I took a mission to scan a planetary site. The first crash occurred as I approached the data point to read it. I was able to stop the game running and fill out one of FD's crash reports. However on the second occasion I loaded two items I had picked up into my ship, turned round to collect two other items at the site, and my computer crashed. I had to Ctrl Alt Del in order to get control of the computer and then reboot. On returning to the game I discovered all of my settings had been changed and I lost the remaining goods at the site.
Can't afford to have my computer hit like that. I would have filled out a complaint but I have lost all the information. Sorry.

Top Bottom