Patch Notes Update April Update - Patch 2

Will Flanagan

Product Manager
Frontier
Greetings Commanders,

We're aiming to roll-out a patch for all platforms on Tuesday 14 May at 10:00 AM (UTC) to implement a couple of bug fixes and address issues with the FSS (crashing when using the FSS, as well as graphical display and camera re-positioning issues).

We will update this thread with final times/dates as well as patch notes at the start of next week.

Thank you for your understanding.

Please find the full patch notes below:

Cockpit
  • Cockpit cracking effects are now triggered on the new thresholds, meaning they appear at the correct time
Crashes/Stability
  • Fixed crash that could occur when entering an AX Conflict Zone
  • Fixed crash that could occur when using the FSS
Exploration
  • Fixed issue that caused intermediate zoom levels to incorrectly reposition away from the body that was zoomed in on
  • Fixed issue that caused FSS view to break (UI misplaced and rendering issues)
  • Fixed White Dwarf classes DC, DCV, DO, DOV, and DQ codex entries pointing to incorrect classes in the galaxy
  • White Dwarf Codex discoveries have been switched back on (once the patch is live)
Navigation Panel
  • Fixed "has appropriate landing pads" being set to false (in the Navigation Tab popup box) when it is in fact true
Server Fixes (since April Update - Patch 1)
  • Fixed local news articles not displaying at many markets
  • Fixed some Conflict Zones not despawning correctly

Last edited:
@Will: I'm quite new to Elite:Dangerous but already lived through the first update. Why do you (Frontier Development) are not giving more information about e.g. knowing about certain issues? For me from the outside it looks like, that you don't even know about problems within the game, what apparently is not quite the fact. Is there another board/forum or anything else to look up information from your company? You even brigded the first update day with a video stream. So, why do you (FD) do not give some little more response to questions many of the players came up with in the forum? And I mean normal simple questions without any negative feelings in them. Just simple things to let your community know: 'We are here and we hear you'. If we would have such an information strategy with our customers (software developing company as well) I had to look after a new job next month.

And by the way: I love all the things that were introduced with the april update.

Last edited:
Really hope the FSS is fixed....the lack of communication about this issue really has been annoying.

Breaking the FSS when thousands are still completing DW2 or like me on their return journey was really really bad timing indeed. I’ve had no incentive at all to play since the last patch (and I haven’t since encountering my first game breaking FSS glitch on patch day), knowing that at any time the FSS could glitch out or completely blank my screen.

The fix is "Close FSS", then "Reopen FSS" most of the time (there is a specific case when it sadly doesn't fix itself by just closing/reopening it though).

So, it's annoying, sure, but "game breaking" ? Nope. At least it didn't bothered me that much while I was ending my journey (3-4 times in like 55 systems).

The fix is "Close FSS", then "Reopen FSS" most of the time (there is a specific case when it sadly doesn't fix itself by just closing/reopening it though).

So, it's annoying, sure, but "game breaking" ? Nope. At least it didn't bothered me that much while I was ending my journey (3-4 times in like 55 systems).

The FSS completely blanked my screen on closing it, I’d call that pretty game breaking...I mean, I’m partially sighted but even I can’t fly an AspX blind...

That's how it's done Will. Great job at communications. Both, regarding patches and the community goal. Don't think you paid attention to my posts, but if you did, you've probably seen me criticising past communications quite a lot and I just want you and the team to know that I certainly noticed a change for the better. Now just sneak in some information about EBL and 2020 and we're good. ;)

I simply don't understand it- patch and notes announced in good time, and before the patch goes live?

What black magic is this? :D

Next you'll be saying Powerplay will see some dev time, and then I'll know its all a crazy dream...

Top Bottom