Patch Notes Update April Update - Patch 2

So I can no longer play the game.
Thank you, Frontier. I never got any response to my ticket. I can not load my game, I did nothing wrong.
Basically Frontier destroyed 2500 hours of gameplay. Thank you, Frontier.
I can not update my game, it will stuck, some data is maybe corrupted.
I don't care. Frontier doesn't care.

Byebye

Thank you, Frontier. I never got any response to my ticket. I can not load my game, I did nothing wrong.

Byebye

This sucks.

However, if all else has failed, I would suggest reinstalling ED. After the update I had all sorts of unexplained software glitches. So I bit the bullet and deleted ED (except the journal files and player data which is saved in a different directory anyway). You may also want to backup your custom bindings file. I then reinstalled it from scratch. Let me say this solution is a pill as its a 22 Gb download and you have to re-config the game, but the upside is that it's now running 100% glitch free on my rig. Good luck either way.

Byebye

Hi
sorry if already covered but.... do you have the oculus version by any chance? the last few updates it failed to update and just got in a cycle of trying to update and then failing.

everytime it has fixed for me by uninstalling from the oculus front end. dont panic... for what ever reason it does not fully uninstall... then you click the install button again right after and then the patch downloads and updates correctly.

i hope this helps and works for you. Not offering excuses for why it is this way, but there are a lot of us on oculus having this happen and this fix seems to work every time.

Here is what I did: I deleted EVERYTHING. Every single data from Frontier on my side, on my system.
Then of course I deleted everything running the launcher via options.
After that I re-installed hoping for the best and after 6 hours the program was running again.

Thank you all for your concerns.

My request is for Frontier: make the updates not 100 gigs. The time is too long and apparently IF something went wrong while updating the files are corrupted and everything breaks down.

Please.

This sucks.

However, if all else has failed, I would suggest reinstalling ED. After the update I had all sorts of unexplained software glitches. So I bit the bullet and deleted ED (except the journal files and player data which is saved in a different directory anyway). You may also want to backup your custom bindings file. I then reinstalled it from scratch. Let me say this solution is a pill as its a 22 Gb download and you have to re-config the game, but the upside is that it's now running 100% glitch free on my rig. Good luck either way.

Top Bottom