Patch Notes Update April Update - Patch Notes

I waited more than 10 minutes and it still will not launch. And, ALT-Tab, CTRL-ALT-DELETE, and ALT-F4 do not doing anything. Only thing I can do is press the "reset" button.
I even tried using the "Verify game files" from the "Option" menu - no help.

I disconect half the time i drop out of supercruise! Deletin the game now.. im done with this . With every patch, its gettin worse. FDev dont repair, they just patch new over it instead of targeting the roots. i imagine them drawin a paint, but the color they used mixed to brown already, and now they try to add more color to fix this... it will keep bein .

*edit, what kinda serious company changes sh't to poopoo?

Rendering
  • Fixed lighting issue when returning to the cockpit from FSS mode
  • Fixed tiling effect when capturing high-res screens shots in various situations

Unfortunately this doesn't seem to have been fixed. :(

unknown.png

The pattern for me at the moment is that mapping planets requiring 2 probes (or low mass 4-probe planets) 'sets' the bug - after that any subsequent planet in the system will be marked as 'Mapped' (and you can check this in the left hand nav panel). However, if you then go on to scan a high-mass six, or a seven probe planet, it re-sets the bug. Jumping to the next system also re-sets the bug for the new system, but if you go back it's still the same. Logging out altogether or to Main Menu does not reset the bug.
Also, if you scan a low mass planet with a moon in close proximity (or vice versa) the image of the probe landing on the target planet is replicated on the companion planet. Amusing as it may be, it's still a bug, and gives us a clue as to how it affects other planets in the system. In other words, it would appear that under certain circumstances the game to set the status of all the planets in the system to 'Mapped' for graphical display purposes, but in the commanders personal inventory the planet is still 'UnMapped'.

Btw I can't find the reference to this in the issues tracker - if anyone can point me to the right thread, it be grateful - thanks ! For now, I'm developing my memory skills as well

:rolleyes:
Interesting. I have been doing some research too and my conclusion was that it's landable bodies, probe one landable body and you've put the probed gird on all of them. I've only tried this on a few systems but it happens every time. Of course testing this now is a bit of issue in itself as Fdev have introduced a patch to fix it in some cases. The patch appears to be to suppress the display of the overlay system wide after you have left the vicinity of the most recently probed body.

Interesting. I have been doing some research too and my conclusion was that it's landable bodies, probe one landable body and you've put the probed gird on all of them. I've only tried this on a few systems but it happens every time. Of course testing this now is a bit of issue in itself as Fdev have introduced a patch to fix it in some cases. The patch appears to be to suppress the display of the overlay system wide after you have left the vicinity of the most recently probed body.
Before you probe a landable, or even approach it, select it on the nav panel so you get the extra info. You will find that it is already listed as 'mapped'. It's pretty consistent for me on Xbox, even for undiscovered systems way out of the bubble that I'm pretty sure I am the first to enter.

Last edited:
Before you probe a landable, or even approach it, select it on the nav panel so you get the extra info. You will find that it is already listed as 'mapped'. It's pretty consistent for me on Xbox, even for undiscovered systems way out of the bubble that I'm pretty sure I am the first to enter.
Next time I drop into an undiscovered system I'll try that an dget back to oyu

Where do I report that since the update my executable is moody when exiting to desktop, sometimes terminating the program (mostly when I exit to desktop in a station), sometimes not (almost never if I'm in an SRV at a Guardian site, forcing me to task manager/end task the program)?

Top Bottom